PDA

View Full Version : GTE GRILL & ABYSS FRONT BUMPER

baha_guy
22-11-02, 12:46 AM
:arrow: I just got a GTE frot grill and a Abyss front bumper and i
would like to no what can i use the hold the mesh on with any idears ?

Nova1.6
22-11-02, 12:51 PM
the way i got my mesh to hold onto the grill(standard Mk2 grill) is lay the grill down, cut out the long black plastic slits, leaving the black plastic edging in, on the bottom of the grill there are 4 teeth that go into the bumper, on the middle two i screwed(with self tapers) the plastic to the grill to stop it moving, the screwed the mesh all the way round leaving the screws sticking out a bit and the belt the mesh around the scew to stop it falling off, does that make any sence? oh and for the abbys bumper....very strong glue???

baha_guy
22-11-02, 01:29 PM
:arrow: Can you use very strong glue on the front grill mesh

?Marty?
22-11-02, 03:46 PM
The best method is self-tappers like sheep dip, but if that's not possible, then use fiberglass.

baha_guy
22-11-02, 09:03 PM
:arrow: You say use fiberglass to hold the mesh in with ?

Anton
22-11-02, 09:14 PM
For my mk2, all I did was cut the black slits off, still leaving the outta plastic black frame, then I bent it round the white grill and put the black frame back over the top. Its really tight, and no screw or glue needed :lol:

?Marty?
23-11-02, 01:29 AM
Use Fiberglass.

Get a tub from halfords.

locky
23-11-02, 11:32 AM
Som1 stole my grille, so i had 2 buy a new 1,
ne way, my new grille came in 2 parts, the blaclk plastic, and the front.
So all i done was sandwhich the mesh in between, and melt the little plastic things with a soldering iron!
I thinjk ur able to remove the black plastic, by melting the little bits of plastic!

Breeny
24-11-02, 02:56 AM
Fibreglass. Bout ?10 for a pot of it from Halfords, TMC etc etc Cut the mesh bigger than you need and fibreglass round the edge.

Paul
24-11-02, 02:56 PM
No more nails. D.I.Y. store ?4.00 abouts it works well for my grill

baha_guy
24-11-02, 09:43 PM
:arrow: I was told be for to use No more nails so i might use that.
But will No more nails work on the bayss bumper mesh