PDA

View Full Version : Lowering the A*se of a Nova to race

sp@rky
21-11-02, 10:38 PM
Ive dropped, cut the springs and lowered the front but am baffled with the back. Any GOOD suggestions, ? is it possible to completely remove the rear springs as the car did not seem to bottom out on lowering it onto the ground although its not been track tested. GSI springs and adj. shocks are not allowed so it needs to be as plain as possible.

Chris LR
21-11-02, 10:42 PM
I'll say 2 things

Cutting springs isn't a good idea

Make sure your car has 4 springs, (2 at the front & 2 at the back)

Ste_Nova
22-11-02, 10:37 AM
i used to run my nova grasser with NO springs on the back... handled ace... just on the bumpstops :twisted:

pete22
23-11-02, 12:06 AM
put the springs in a vice and tighten until totally squashed then weld two coils together . this works aswell my mate done it

mikeoxford
23-11-02, 12:56 AM
lol - and TWANG!!!!!!!!!!!!! as the spring shoots out :o

BE CAREFUL!!!!! - and yes i have seen this done too :oops:

sp@rky
23-11-02, 02:09 AM
Ive removed the 2 springs and it seems to sit ok ie: dont buff the arches and the car is solid at the back just riding on the "bump stops" BUT on braking the rear wheels are locking up to much when coming into a corner because there is no weight at all in the back of the car as everything has been removed (Bare Shell).... I was thinking if i cut the brake pipes and bent them to block passage of fluid to rear hubs this would help?? just leaving the handbrake and front footbrake. BTW this car is being stock raced so its ok for a battering. :wink:

PS any other good tips would be appreciated.

Ste_Nova
23-11-02, 10:01 AM
fit astra 16v rear disk limiters on the master cylender