PDA

View Full Version : Nova sport Stripes

General Lee
02-12-08, 12:28 PM
Are the 3 stripes the Nova Sport has got the traditional vauxhall sport colours the yellow, grey and red.

:thumb:

http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/kk103/novanath/sport.jpg

craig green
02-12-08, 03:18 PM
Traditional GM dealersport stripes were Red, Yellow & Blue. The Grey is to match the rest of the transfers on the sport IIRC.

Going by the grp-A GTE poster I have.

Sturge
02-12-08, 09:46 PM
Dealer Team Opel/ Dealer Team Vauxhall, late 70's/early 80's - Grey Yellow

GM Dealer Sport, early/mid 80's - Red Grey Yellow

GM Eurosport/Vauxhall(GM) Dealer Sport, late 80's early nineties - Blue Red Yellow

vaughanmc
02-12-08, 10:08 PM
GM Eurosport/Vauxhall(GM) Dealer Sport, late 80's early nineties - Blue Red Yellow

So that would explain the colour choice for the Cavalier/Astra Cesaro badges ?

Lynsey
02-12-08, 10:15 PM
I've got 2 1/2 sets of full rally graphics for a Nova. If only I had a white one :( he he he been thinking about suprising Dougie when he goes to drag the Belmont back out and gets a rainbow-coloured rally car lol Including some of those crappy mudflaps which he hates soooooooo much and a 'Motorsport' sunstripooo.

Sturge
02-12-08, 10:49 PM
So that would explain the colour choice for the Cavalier/Astra Cesaro badges ?

indeedly, which iirc were around the year Cleland won the BTCC in a Cavalier wearing those same colours :)

vaughanmc
02-12-08, 10:50 PM
I think the Cavalier Cesaro also picks up the name 'Cavalier Motorsport' as well ?

Sturge
02-12-08, 11:08 PM
Yeah was a celebration model for motorsport success, all the advertising was motorsport themed.

I've been having a think, and although the rally cars, and latterly the touring cars (early DTV touring car colours were silver green and red iirc) definately carried their livery stripes in the colours I posted above, I think they always carried the GM Opel Vauxhall stickers in Red (vaux) Blue (GM) and Yellow (opel)

Sturge
02-12-08, 11:15 PM
Just had a look at some pics, the GM dealersport badges were always Red Blue Yellow, and the rally Chevettes came in silver too (can't believe I didn't remember that one) The Red and Green (seperated by a thin white) DTV stripes were the sponsors colours, Castrol livery on the rally and touring cars.

I'm tired, that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it lol