PDA

View Full Version : Leda Shocks

hendrix
01-12-08, 09:56 PM
Adjustable damping, non coilover type.
Any good? i.e better than fk coilovers?

Jay
01-12-08, 10:05 PM
Iirc dont gaz now own leda, becuase they went bust?

Or am i stupid and wrong?

Nova.Stockhatch
01-12-08, 10:05 PM
Hi I use these on my racing nova, with the correct spring ratings you'll find them very good. Quite expensive and ive just had mine serviced which was just over £500 including a new rod on one of the front ones. But you get what you pay for i guess.

Nova.Stockhatch
01-12-08, 10:07 PM
Iirc dont gaz now own leda, becuase they went bust?

Or am i stupid and wrong?

No I believe Gaz is now run by the previous managers of leda. Leda is now under fairly new management (EPM technology group.)

Jay
01-12-08, 10:08 PM
No I believe Gaz is now run by the previous managers of leda. Leda is now under fairly new management (EPM technology group.)

Knew the was a resemblance somewhere lol

hendrix
01-12-08, 10:20 PM
Excellent, got a set coming my way soon and didn't know if they were any better than my FK's

Stuart
01-12-08, 10:34 PM
One of Lee or Dave went to work at GAZ (certainly dosent run the place), the other one retired. Thats the story I was told about their shutdown.

The brand LEDA has been purchased by some other firm, no idea on what quality the new branding is compared to the old legendary stuff since most of the design licensing went to GAZ

Spudly
01-12-08, 10:34 PM
I had leda`s on my old XE andy, handled like nothing else ive ever driven but i never played with the adjustments on them though and the were solid as a rock, the only give when you rocked the car was in the 45 profile tyres!

Novasport
01-12-08, 10:35 PM
Leda's are on par with Billies etc, a very good quality shocker which is rebuildable/serviceable. The choice for a lot of rally cars.

Will F
02-12-08, 08:21 PM
ledas shouldnt be written in the same sentence as FK!! lol
Worlds apart imo and their reputation (at least in the old days) was second to one..

Not that I am biased! ;)