PDA

View Full Version : Petrol Tank for xe Conversion

wils2795
01-12-08, 01:53 PM
Hi,

I have a k-plate nova 1.2i swing which I am using for my 2.0L conversion.
Will the petrol tank which is already in the car work ok? - in terms of having a swril pot??

The engine I bought for the car came with a fuel pump which gets mounted beside the petrol tank. Can I simply connect the fuel line from the tank up to the engine via the pump? Or will the tank already have a built-in pump that will do the job.

Thanks

Robert.

P.S: I am going to start a new thread of my build start to finish so keep an eye out for that!!

craig green
01-12-08, 02:10 PM
No, you need an MPI (GTE/GSi etc) tank to use that external pump, or keep your SPi tank & use the 'in-tank' pump from a 2.0L Astra/Vectra etc.

2 options.

wils2795
01-12-08, 03:22 PM
ok, thanks mate......I think I will look for a pump to place into my existing tank.

Cheers

Robert

craig green
01-12-08, 03:47 PM
ok, thanks mate......I think I will look for a pump to place into my existing tank.

Cheers

Robert

Search the forums on here to see what it entails. It's not just a case of dropping in another pump, it needs a mod to make it fit, easier than swapping tanks & pumps though.

skidmarkz
01-12-08, 07:29 PM
Sorry for the slight hijack, what is this tank stuff about i always use the standard 1.2 tankw ith a external pump no problems so what is the need to change the tank?

Riggy
01-12-08, 07:31 PM
^^ craig if you can find a mk3 astra mpi pump that just fits straight in with no mods :thumb: