PDA

View Full Version : Nova vs 205 Day next year

Anonymous
21-11-02, 10:30 AM
Anyone on here interested in going along and getting their arses kicked by a bunch of proper hot hatches next year at santa pod?

Ill get either redline or revs to come along and print your humiliation.
If you feel you cant hack the pace on this site the dont worry, cause i will ask on roybacer as well, theyve gotsome proper cars on there after all :P

Will split it into classes and give 3/1 points for 1st and 2nd in each class.

Classes will be
Diesels (turbo or non turbo any cc)
up to 1400 (any number of valves)
up to 1600 (any number of valves)
up to 2000 (8v only)
up to 2000 (16 only)
up to 2000 Turbo (8v only)
up to 2000 Turbo (16 only)
Overall Unlimited (only in this class will nitrous be permitted)

Cars WILL be allowed to win in multiple categories
A turbo will class as a 25% multiplier, that way 1600 turbos can compete along side the 2 litres.

Have specifically split the 2litre category into seperate classes based on the number of valves, as other wise the 1.9 and 2.0 8v are going to not have a chance of competing cause the XE and Mi16 lumps are SO much better.

Dont know about cost yet, probably be about 20 quid per car, if we cant book the track up cehap for a day then we will all just go on a normal RWYB day.
Where possible we will always try and run a nova against a 205, but obviously its the times that matters not who wins each actaul race.

309's and nova saloons WILL be allowed.

Chip

Ian
21-11-02, 11:17 AM
I'll have some of that as will ste, considering we have raced mi16s at york and found them slow, im not worried, oh and that was before the TB's!

Breeny
21-11-02, 11:28 AM
lol @ Chip.. u gonna get a 205 now seen as your shagging a bird off the 205 forum? :P

Anonymous
21-11-02, 11:31 AM
LOL@ breeny

Actaully mate i may be getting an Mi16 205 off a mate of mine in a couple of months, but i wont be competing for ether side, ill be judging.
If my mini is done in time though ill take it up the strip and show the whole lot of you what a bunch of poofs you are!

Im scrapping my nova soon as i need the Xe on TBs for my mini project, so i certainly wont be able to run up in a nova as i wont have a quick nova at the time, only one ill have left is the GTE.

Chip

Breeny
21-11-02, 12:53 PM
Cool i was thinking of offering Dave ?300 for his 205 as a runaround LOL

You'll have to take me out in this mighty mini :D

Anonymous
21-11-02, 01:39 PM
So who from here is going to do well in each category

heres my predictions :

Diesel - the pugs will dominate, the nova diesels are very slow by comparison due to only be a 1.5

Upto 1400 - CP with his mental 1.4SR
Upto 1600 - CP with his mental 1.4SR again i reckon, its stupidly quick!

2000cc 8v, not sure the novas will compete well here, there are a few about but nothing very highly tuned that i know of, but there are a load of really quick 1.9 8v out there, due to the way the turbo multiplier works the 1600 turbos can run in this class, so they might offer some competition though, some of them are the right side of 150bhp

2000cc 16v, hmm LOADS to choose from here, probably looking at well over 200bhp from quote a few of the nova lads in that his class, mind you i the right pugs turn up they could give the novas a run for their money, there are some damn quick throttle bodies mi16s out there

2000cc 8v turbo, got to be a TT pug 205 for this class i should think, i doubt there will be any 8v novas with turbos other than the 1600 boys and they will get their arse kicked by a TT 1.9

2000cc 16v turbo, youd be a fool to bet against the novas here, expect 300bhp+ from them in this class.

Unlimited, this is going to be wide open, obviously the 300bhp turbo novas will be featuring highly, but my money is on someone with a decent nitrous setup winning this class, no idea who that will be, nosman possibly i guess, lets hope hes running in time! (please note any care with slicks can compete only in this class not in the others, unless it runs on normal road tyres for the timed run for the other category)

So ireckon the nova boys will get
<1400cc
<1600cc
<2000cc 16v Turbo

I think the pugs will get
2000cc 8v turbo
Diesel

So it reckon its going to be down to the unlimited and, 2000cc 16v and 2000cc 8v class that decides it.

Chip

Anonymous
21-11-02, 04:15 PM
Heres a link to the 205 lads discussing it:

http://forum.205gtidrivers.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=9697

Cant believe how little interest there is here, even the roybacer lads are putting this sit to shame in terms of interest so far!

http://pub101.ezboard.com/fged87306frm5.showMessage?topicID=5613.topic

Chip

wisewood
21-11-02, 04:21 PM
chip - the registration has been switched off on the 205 forums so you can't read it unless you area member - and you can't sign up to be a memmber if you are not already.

Anonymous
21-11-02, 04:51 PM
Doh!

Oh well, guess there plans will be more secret than yours then!

LOL

Chip

AndyY
21-11-02, 05:49 PM
Sorry guys, I had to hide the forum to keep the 205 details secret :)

Only jokin, it's hidden because i'm trying to stop new users signing up as it's getting a little hard to manage.

In the mean time i'll tell you since this morning we have got together at least 4 TT 205's, a whole host of MI16's with varying levels of tune up to 240BHP, however we hoping to draft in the the 205 cosworths (if somebody can find it) and hopefully a 7litre 205 used for drag racing (if we can find that aswell) all of which apparently fit in the rules :D so don't get so confident, plus I know of a XS running 150bhp and we might draft him in for that 1.4 category.

One question though, are there any nova's out there running 4WD or RWD?

Regards

AndyY - 205gtidrivers Forum Admin

Ian
21-11-02, 06:13 PM
lol @ some of these classes! 2.0 8v is a class designed just for 205s lol

2.0 8v turbo lol i take it theres lots of 205s to fit in this class cos hardly any novas run in it, i can only think of one. isaachunt nova!
not worth having these classes imo.

wouldnt it make more sense to just run a class 1600cc-2000cc na class like in york rather than running loads of different classes just to suit one group of cars?

also 309s are a different model of car, so that mean astras allowed? lmao

normal road tyres - define, anything road legal?

Anonymous
21-11-02, 06:34 PM
The classes were defined to be fair to both, and to have lots of variety so that as many people as possible can have the fun of competing, if there were jsut a couple of classes there would be only a couple of people competing proeprly,
Like the 25% rule allowing the 1.6 turbos to run in the 2000cc class not the 2000cc turbo etc

Hardly fair to run the 16v turbo calibra lumps against the TT boys, so hence the difference in those categories.

If you dont like the rules ian then you dont have to come along bascially, as far as i can see they are fair to both sides, which is how ive tried to design them, if you only want to play on a day stacked in favour of the novas then dont come to this event, this is going to be as fair as i can make it.

A 309 is bascially a lwb 205, the two have a lot more in common than the astra and the nova, which share almost no components at all.

Chip

CP
21-11-02, 07:36 PM
Being as I am apparently already competing I guess I'd better come along lol!

I'm not really set up for 1/4er mileing but what the hell. It seems like a good chance to meet up with the pug boys and have a bit of fun.
Cheers m8 I'll be glad to come along. Thanks for the invite.

CP (closet pug owner 306 TD, 106 XN, 106 XSi -if it looks like Novas are getting their arses kicked I'll defect lol!)

Anonymous
22-11-02, 12:38 AM
Just a shame that track days are a bit expensive for this sort of thing or you could have proved to the pug boys that novas CAN handle!

Great to have you on board mate.

Im hopefully seeing Dan from redline next saturday, so ill ask him about featuring the event and where he thinks would be best (we might be able to borrow bruntingthorpe) and then ill have a word with the PNG lads.

Chip

Anonymous
22-11-02, 08:46 AM
They are 1.8 apparently.
They do go rathe wel though, i was impressed when i drove one and i though it was a 1.9 at the time!

Im building a 1.7TD nova next year, i guess i could lend that to someone to race (im staying impartial myself as im judging), although there is talk on the pug forum of a modded 205 with a 2.1TD in it, GULP! So i think thats one class we wont be winning!

Chip

Anonymous
22-11-02, 11:17 AM
Right, I have spoken to redline now, and they are very interested in featuring us, but possibly not at this actaul event as its a bit big and and a bit messy for them with so many cars running so tricky to make a decent article out of it, they are more interested in shootouts with smaller numbers like last months corsa vs saxo shootout where they can cover each car in a bit more detail (as obviously only a limited number of pages are available).

What I therefore might do is run this one as planned and then we put 8 cars of each through to a kind of 'final' that the mag will feature (and have kindly agreed to fund compeltely for us as well so people dont have to pay again, other than their petrol to get there).

The mag feature would involve top speed runs, 0-60, and quarter mile times.

The 8 cars representing each side would be selected as follows

2 fastest overall

Then of the remaining cars:
the fastest turbo (if the two fastest are both turbos then instead this will be an extra na car)
the fastest na
the fastest diesel
the fastest < 1600cc
2 "Chips Choice" cars which would basically just be cars that i think would make it interesting for the article, it might be because they have totally over the top styling, it might be cause they are unusual (ie a 1.1 turbo with nitrous or something) or it might be something far more simple like cause i fancy the driver, LOL

It would probably be at bruntingthorpe i guess, as thats where they did the last one, in which case they will be interested to get it out of the way fairly quickly as brunters is about a grand an hour or so for this sort of numbers of cars, but we will make it a bit more of a social event by all clearing off to a pub somewhere afterwards to discuss the results etc and then argue and have a food fight or something, LOL
Redline have their own timing gear so that side of it would be taken care of by them obviously

Does that sound okay to everyone provisionally?

Chip

Ste_Nova
22-11-02, 11:50 AM
lmao... bring it on

lightweight 2.0 16v with nos :twisted:

Anonymous
22-11-02, 12:05 PM
NICE ONE!

Now we are talking!

Was getting a bit worried the 205s were goign to murder the novas in the top class.

So what sort of spec is your motor mate?

Chip

Ste_Nova
22-11-02, 03:51 PM
shell, seat, engine

Breeny
22-11-02, 05:34 PM
i'll do it, 1.6 and below catagory.

dan16v
22-11-02, 07:43 PM
shuld be a walk in the park ill go! hope i dont get put up against a black audi TT that i blitz'd on the A326! :lol:
PS ive never raced a fast pug, do they exist? :lol:

CP
23-11-02, 02:28 PM
lol@ Ste!

Now thats what I called stripped out! No fancy add-ons like transmission, wheels, suspension etc - hard core 8)

CP
23-11-02, 02:31 PM
Are we finally gone see some RB'ers then :?: :multi:

locky
23-11-02, 04:25 PM
Il come along but i doubt id race!
Il cheer on the novaloaders!!!!!!

Austin_Nova16
23-11-02, 10:37 PM
I'd be well up for popping along.

Meets are always fun! :)

Freak
24-11-02, 05:04 PM
redline dont give a fuck because if it hasnt got the latest rims/kit etc its not worthy of going in the mag-therefore they only want the best cars there.

That saxo vs corsa day feature was wank.
As was the nova vs corsa one in max poo a few years back.

As for the PNG...lmao...why bother inviting them- they will only try and make a profit on it.

Anonymous
24-11-02, 09:45 PM
Pretty unfair comments about redline actaully, i know a bit about some ways in which they are working to help car modders with regards to the police etc for example.

They wont be picking the final cars for the article anyway, i will be, and i have no interest other than making it fun for the particpants, a good fair fight, and an interesting read.

Chip

locky
24-11-02, 10:28 PM
Have you thought of a date for this yet chip?

Anonymous
25-11-02, 12:00 PM
Will be around may.

Santa pod STILL havent got back to me, ill ring them up later in the week probably.

Chip

Jim
25-11-02, 06:48 PM
I might be intrested

1.6 and below category please :)

Jim

spanishfly
25-11-02, 09:55 PM
i'll come up in mine:)
the new horses should have rounded up by then:) if not i'm in trouble next month :lol:

Gsidecturbo
26-11-02, 03:36 PM
ill bring the turbo`d beasty along for a spin :D 2ltr turbo that is.
Dec

barnes
01-12-02, 04:59 AM
count me in on 2000cc 16v turbo category chip old boy

Ben (lurk75)
01-12-02, 06:03 AM
mine will be running in January (heard that before)

Can i race in 2 classes? if i promise not use NOS can i run as a 1600 16v :?: As intrested what it would rate running standard :?: