PDA

View Full Version : total vauxhall coilovers offers info

xe Dan
01-12-08, 08:15 AM
has any one bought the ones out of toatal vauxhall for£150 and fitted them
how do u rate them any fitting problems etc etc

dj_wudgey
01-12-08, 01:14 PM
i havent but at £150 i wouldent say they would be that good!!! im going for some off those fk kits the koni g sport one expensive but ive heard lots off good things about them!!!

Andy
01-12-08, 01:44 PM
Them tv ones are fk's mate

dj_wudgey
01-12-08, 01:53 PM
yea there not the ones with the koni dampers though are they???

i want the silverline ones that were nearly £700 so i doubt they are the ones i want lol

craig green
01-12-08, 02:13 PM
Cheap suspension is pants IMO.

If your car handles like a dog (with it fitted) its only fit for the bin tbh.

dj_wudgey
01-12-08, 02:15 PM
Cheap suspension is pants IMO.

If your car handles like a dog (with it fitted) its only fit for the bin tbh.

thats what i thought thats why im going for the koni g sport set not just fk's own dampers moore expensive but beter!!!

Lee
01-12-08, 02:15 PM
If it looks too good to be true, it normally is.

craig green
01-12-08, 02:21 PM
The trouble is, car modifying used to something men did in sheds, now its a childrens hobby aswell. So parts are made to be affordable for muppets to buy with their pocket money. Now the whole industry is flooded with cheap, imitations, fakes & stuff that simply isnt upto the job.

Fast Car, MAX Power & ebay have ruined what was once a good interest.

Andy
01-12-08, 02:24 PM
I disagree with the very last comment,i blame the film fast and the furious.Before that there was no such thing as barry rubbish
But yeah the cheap tat is of dog muck quality and in terms of suspension etc can be farkin dangerous.

Ben
02-12-08, 01:38 AM
So will the electric turbocharger i bought off ebay not add 100bhp as claimed in the advert :(

~~joycey~~
02-12-08, 05:22 AM
[quote=Andy]I disagree with the very last comment,i blame the film fast and the furious.quote]

I'd agree with that tbh :thumb:

burgo
02-12-08, 06:09 AM
it all depends what you want them for. if you just wanna slam the **** of it they will do

DaveyLC
02-12-08, 08:43 AM
Are they the Red/silver & yellow: Janspeed/Hot-tuning/Teknic etc. coil overs like these:
http://www.dohc.co.uk/temp/corsa/coilovers/30112008154.jpg

I had a set I bought for my Nova and I used them on my Corsa, they are hard as hell and offer very little sag.. On a smooth road they were good but when you hit a bump it felt like the wheels lifted off the ground! plus the car sat way to low.. I've now replaced them for Bilsteins.

amggsi
02-12-08, 10:32 AM
They are all yellow, I bought a set for my GSi, should hopefully do my job OK, won't really be driving it too much!!

craig green
02-12-08, 10:43 AM
If its too stiff, you can always try softer springs (assuming you can find out the spring rate of those supplied).

AlexW
02-12-08, 10:56 AM
I thought about some cheapo coilovers for my mk1 due it only being used at weekends. But since im selling that ive decided on GAZ coilovers for my mk2.

In other words, i get your point CG, but if the car is used once or twice a week i can understand the cheapo option, and if you can put up with a less than perfect ride.

Stuart
02-12-08, 11:12 AM
If its too stiff, you can always try softer springs (assuming you can find out the spring rate of those supplied).

that also depends what the damping is like too... eg too hard and it will be skittish and nasty

Novadave06
02-12-08, 12:56 PM
but your never gonna get a Perfect ride out of a nova..
this much is true