PDA

View Full Version : how do i get a fuel pipe that goes from 10mm to 20mm

brainsnova
01-12-08, 02:07 AM
non nova but french crap my grandads renault kangoo fuel feed popped off and empted a full tank to nothing.its held on by 2 crappy plastic clips so after he waited 4 weeks on the part coming to arnold clark i said id fit it another way so the fuel pipe comes upto the engine inlet at 10mm ish round a 90 degree bend to 20mm is there a know fuel line pipe that is a straight pipe thats goes 10-20mm.its a disablity motor so thanks for any help :thumb:

skidmarkz
01-12-08, 07:33 PM
20mm fuel line your kidding ?

Riggy
01-12-08, 07:48 PM
if its a disabilty motor then just take it to the dealers , he wont have to pay for the repairs, etc ,

have family who are in the same situation etc

brainsnova
02-12-08, 03:17 AM
cheers riggy but the dealer is in perth and since its fecked and in edinburgh i want to sort it, as the standard fittings are bollox and popped off for no reason. so i want to replace it will suitible fittings and hose clips :thumb:

brainsnova
05-12-08, 02:18 AM
does anyone think a soldered plumbing reducer would be ok to run unleaded through it without it corroding the solder.

Sloth
05-12-08, 02:58 AM
you do know if they see that youve done repairs theyll take his entitlement off him, meaning his car. it should be picked up by the dealer on a transporter, fixed as a priority, and returned. they can v.o.r the parts. personally id ring motab direct not the dealer, theyll tell ya what to do. usually they tell ya to ring the rac, whopick it up and take it in, my old boy is motab, and i worked for a motab accredited dealer for 5 years. hope that helps!

Adam*D
05-12-08, 02:23 PM
I have a motorbility car, defo don't do any repairs on it or you'll get fcuked:eek: , they'll notice when it goes in for service.
If I even get a flat tyre at the other end of the country I don't have to change the wheel! just phone them out and they come and do it, thats how motorbility works:thumb:

brainsnova
05-12-08, 03:53 PM
i think my grandads owns the car but it has been adapted to be a disability motor before he bought it. its not been supplied by the council.

brainsnova
08-12-08, 02:09 AM
sorted it now and its running perfect. I ended up modifying the original connector and run a piece of full pipe between it and used 2 hose clips.