PDA

View Full Version : Right I Want To Do A Xe Conversion

C14se
01-12-08, 01:06 AM
Right I Want To Do A Xe Conversion so can every one help me can every one make a list of all the bits i will need i got the car and i am looking for a engine thanks very much every one
:thumb:

Sloth
01-12-08, 01:15 AM
err before ya get told by others, use the search or the guide in the how to section:thumb:

Sloth
01-12-08, 01:16 AM
http://www.pngclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=86668
enjoy. as for a lump, use the wanted section

Dan
01-12-08, 08:03 AM
i'll just add that there is a technical section for a reason. I'll leave this post as an example of how not to do it for others :thumb:

Rexy
01-12-08, 08:26 AM
but i have some XE shafts for sale :D

Stoo
01-12-08, 08:30 AM
You need a clout in the back of the head.

Read my sig
Then find the guide!

Jeebus

Stuart
01-12-08, 08:55 AM
hmmm how long till he asks for C20XE as his username......

The Simps
01-12-08, 09:47 AM
I don't understand why you have to jump on people like this. Just ignore the thread and let someone else reply or a simple post to point in the right direction. Not everyone is internet profficient (sp?). It took me 3yrs to fully work out how to use the migweb search function (which is same as here).

A tip c14se. The guide is fantastic but also look at peoples project threads as loads of people are doing it. Also, try and think ahead as to where the car might end up. Eg if you think you might end up going LET in the future, read the LET guide and try and put things into position now to make the switch over easier without having to do things a like a respray again.

AlexW
01-12-08, 10:03 AM
You will need:

A brain
A dictonary
Some full stops.
A Ban.

Enjoy

The Simps
01-12-08, 10:05 AM
You will need:

A brain
A dictonary
Some full stops.
A Ban.

Enjoy

is that necessary? its these types of answer why people left mig and started using other forums. no need imo.

Mazz
01-12-08, 10:19 AM
tbh, i do agree with Simps a little, but it's not like an XE conversion is new terrortory, so even a little common sense might have told him to search first...

Andy
01-12-08, 10:22 AM
The most important thing,imo is get an insurance quote.No point in even striking a bat if you cant afford it.

craig green
01-12-08, 10:40 AM
tbh, i do agree with Simps a little, but it's not like an XE conversion is new terrortory, so even a little common sense might have told him to search first...

new territory to someone that hast even taken the wrapper off the tool kit yet. lol

Btw. TOTAL Vauxhall back issues (within last 3 months) have a step by step guide to fitting an XE. The best pictures & step-by-step instructions you will find.

Stuart
01-12-08, 11:04 AM
The most important thing,imo is get an insurance quote.No point in even striking a bat if you cant afford it.

10billion cool points :thumb:

Andy
01-12-08, 12:00 PM
lol Hes 17 so absolutely no chance of getting insured

AlexW
01-12-08, 12:40 PM
Now do you see the reason im so nasty.

Pistol Pete
01-12-08, 12:44 PM
I don't understand why you have to jump on people like this. Just ignore the thread and let someone else reply or a simple post to point in the right direction. Not everyone is internet profficient (sp?). It took me 3yrs to fully work out how to use the migweb search function (which is same as here).

A tip c14se. The guide is fantastic but also look at peoples project threads as loads of people are doing it. Also, try and think ahead as to where the car might end up. Eg if you think you might end up going LET in the future, read the LET guide and try and put things into position now to make the switch over easier without having to do things a like a respray again.

Valid point made there. But have you seen some of this dudes other posts? Countless PS requests, god knows how many "wanted" ads..... and as Andy has said,he is 17 so has more chance of pi55ing on the moon than insuring an XE Nova.

Also, i think i'm right in saying if ANYONE had posted about this subject, the answers would be the same. An XE conversion is hardly a groundbreaking thing, and between here and migweb, he should be able to get all the information needed IMO.

Pistol Pete
01-12-08, 12:44 PM

Good advice :thumb:

craig green
01-12-08, 12:49 PM
Cable tie an XE rocker cover ontop the existing engine.

Good for 10 bhp!

C14se
01-12-08, 12:51 PM
OK thanks every one

lol Hes 17 so absolutely no chance of getting insured

and yes you are right i am only 17 and it will not be all done till i am 18 and yes i can get insured on it on my dads policy its £1450 but thanks for all the replies

Andy
01-12-08, 12:52 PM
And thats called fronting which is illegal

Pistol Pete
01-12-08, 12:52 PM
£1450????!!!!!!! Madness lol

craig green
01-12-08, 12:54 PM
Why can't you just wait until the insurance comes down to a sensible level? learn how to control a std power Nova & not ruin it.

In the meantime you have a couple/few years to perfect your bodywork & vehicle condition prior to adding the bigger engine. You might actually decide in that time not to waste your money on such a car.

Everyone wants to skip the learning curve & growing up period these days. .

Nobby
01-12-08, 12:57 PM
fair enough having a go mate but imo trust you want to learn to drive a little longer, when i was 17 in my 1st nova i drove like a tool we all did it but if i had my xe i wouldnt be typing this now lol. One bit of advice though, if your goinh to do it do it once do it right ;)

C14se
01-12-08, 12:58 PM
Why can't you just wait until the insurance comes down to a sensible level? learn how to control a std power Nova & not ruin it.

In the meantime you have a couple/few years to perfect your bodywork & vehicle condition prior to adding the bigger engine. You might actually decide in that time not to waste your money on such a car.

Everyone wants to skip the learning curve & growing up period these days. .

yes mate you have got a good point thinking about it but i might just make it a long term project to get it all done nice

mayhem
01-12-08, 02:30 PM
www.corsa-novatuning.nl