PDA

View Full Version : nova let, coilovers Castley tie rods problems

heds
30-11-08, 11:39 PM
well my nova let has some chris astley rose jointed tie bars on front and coilovers, the problem is to stop my speedlines touching the coilover the wheel is sitting almost positive camber, also the front of these rose jointed brackets you get a 2 spacers one bigger than the other which fit over the end of the tie bar and go either side of the rose joint. which way you fit them will adjust the caster of the wheel.

also the top bolt hole in the strut where it bolts onto the hub is elongated so this adjusts the toe
i just seem to be having a lot of trouble making the car handle
would the wheel be better pos or neg caster?

anyone else had these problems?

ck
01-12-08, 12:24 AM
think you have a few things muddled up mate..

the upper shock bolt will adjust the camber ( you want a little NEG camber when car is settled on the floor)

you want as much positive castor as possible (so on eccentric top mounts will be shock as far towards rear of car)

the tie bars you want the spacers fitted between the tie bar bracket and crossmember.

i assume the 2 spacers you are talking about should go specific way around. not a case of one way for one setting, but this could be possible.
best ask mr astley regarding that.

once you have fitted the spacers the recommended way around. you want to set the castor up to max POS and then set the camber to have a little NEG camber. then get the tracking reset.

everytime you move the shock to adjust the camber (upper hole) it will throw the tracking out and generaly balls up the handling.

most people seem to have problems with speedlines and coilovers. to get the desired NEG camber with this setup most people will have to run a small 5mm wheel spacer to allow the tyre to miss the coilover.

(.p.s hows the wideband lol)

heds
08-12-08, 10:00 AM
the spacers i mean are like two small hula hoops one longer than the other and they fit over the tie bar before and after where it goes through the rose joint in the crossmember. now if thw bigger one goes on the inside this will move the wishbone back.good or bad/