PDA

View Full Version : I might be in trouble...ebay's fault

ade
30-11-08, 05:51 PM
Been looking at getting myself a second camera (Canon 40D) just the body as I have a range of "pervy" lenses already.

Got a nice bonus from work and saw this one on ebay - mentioned it to the wife (mistake no 1) and she said NO! If you get that your silly - you have a decent camera already.

I tried to argue the merits of the new camera (mistake no2 - women always know your'e bullsh1ting even when you've convinced yourself your'e right) and she just said "well - it's up to you - it's your money (mistake no3 - the guilt trip).

Thankfully I've bought her Christmas pressies already so whilst searching Ebay I came across a great deal - Canon 40D with battery grip and spare batteries - still within 12 month warranty (supplied) and for under £450! Nesxt thing I knew I'd bougt it!

:eek:

Erm (mistake no4 - how the feck to I hide such a bulky item from the missus!)

Thankfully it'll arrive when shes at work and I'm off on Tuesday...

lol

Mike
30-11-08, 05:53 PM
Hide it in your car :thumb: and then claim Racial Discrimination when caught ;)

Cle
30-11-08, 05:54 PM
il bet it doesent arrive on tuesday lol

Lee
30-11-08, 05:57 PM
claim Racial Discrimination when caught ;)

Is this your new thing Mike? lol

Ade, she said its your money, which it is :)

The day my mrs stops me buying what I want she gets the boot lol But then I have to put up with her filling the place up with fercking shoes!

kelbelle
30-11-08, 07:07 PM
HEY! Shoes are an important neccessity!

ade
30-11-08, 10:58 PM
shoes - DONT GET ME STARTED on shoes!

the good Lord invented trainers for a reason!

jimbob-mcgrew
30-11-08, 11:17 PM
shoulda spent that £450 on her majestys royal toilet paper.

ade
30-11-08, 11:59 PM
pmsl

Novasport
01-12-08, 12:15 AM
If she finds out, it can't be as bad as my missus finding out I had bought another Nova, an A reg SR I had stashed away in a garage I was renting on the quiet :S.
Had to peel her off the ceiling she hit it that hard!
She stretched that one out for a while but its forgotten about now, well unless it gets brought up in a heated discussion as women have a good memory for all the bad things we do lol

Novaboi_1991
01-12-08, 12:17 AM
lol i thought it woz serious when i read the title, but now i see it is

DUR DUR DAAAH...

being in trouble with the wife is a bad thing, lol you could get hurt :)

brainsnova
01-12-08, 01:57 AM
wrap the camera up and put your wifes name on it,but under it wrap it with your name then on christmas day she will hand it back and just say thanks and open it.

Austin.J
01-12-08, 11:10 AM
Just put a card on it saying;
To ade, from santa.

just assume the OH got it for you, hey presto, instant brownie points.

If that fails just claim you have short term amnesia, can never go wrong with that.

burgo
01-12-08, 11:46 AM
cant you just swop it with the old one and put the old one in the loft. then if she actually notices the difference just convince her shes mental and its actually the same one

Welsh Dan
01-12-08, 01:06 PM
Nice choice ade. If they're the same colour then I'm with burgo on this one.