PDA

View Full Version : mk2 Clocks

wisewood
20-11-02, 05:15 PM
Anyone know anywhere with pictures of the various designs of clocks available for the mk2 ?

and what are the actual physical dimensions of the clocks - width, height depth.

I have been looking at the clocks in my mk1 clio - and they look about he same size but look rubbish. been thinking about trying to get some nova ones to fit :D might not work - and might look pants - but worth a try - just a little bit of nova in a very standard clio.

Chris LR
20-11-02, 09:34 PM
http://www.dubsport.com/pics/mk3tdialb.jpg

Just an idea, but you'll need 2 engines to have them all.

wisewood
21-11-02, 12:04 PM
not quite what i was after mate - but very nice.

Nova1.6
21-11-02, 01:08 PM
i can make u set up wise, gimme 5 grand jobs a goodun.

wisewood
21-11-02, 01:16 PM
come on Neil - you know I don't have five grand... :D

seriously though - anyone who knows the dimensions of the mk2 clocks if you can let me know i would appreciate it.

Chris LR
21-11-02, 09:04 PM
Why not cut a piece of plastic to fit, and mount your own clocks.

I'd charge ?4,500.

Have you seen Landmeter's? Used in 4x4's so you know how far you can lean over.

wisewood
22-11-02, 10:15 AM
yeah parents used to have a FourTrack when i was a kid - was great.

As for the clocks - I would rather just get the answer to the question that I asked in the first place to be honest mate :D someone must have a tape measure so they can measure the face of it in their car - width and height... come on people.

Nova1.6
22-11-02, 12:58 PM
ok then, sorry andy, so then, anyone see the program about cutting that dead bloke up? wicked werent it. chop chop chop :twisted:

wisewood
22-11-02, 09:38 PM
ok then, sorry andy, so then, anyone see the program about cutting that dead bloke up? wicked werent it. chop chop chop :twisted:

do you have any idea how much i want to chop you up... you always send posts off on a tangent somewhere else... well this is a serious question, so stop it.

and now Neil - for punishment you must go out to your car, and measure the size of the clocks and tell me how big they are - in metric preferably it's more accurate :D come on... :twisted: chop chop :twisted:

mikeoxford
23-11-02, 01:02 AM
LOL @ the chop chop andy................

as i have a spare set of clocks in me bedroom ill measure for ya in an instance!

i usually read everything at college and dont usually carry a tape around or a spare set of SR dials for that matta!!!!!!!!!!!

so................

a survey says...............

11 & 1/2 cm tall in middle - 11 cm tall at ends

left to right..........

30 & 1/2 cm at bottom 27 cm @ top

HTH

Manta Mad
23-11-02, 11:26 PM
Here are some photos of the Mk2 dials
STANDARD
http://www.mantamad.fsnet.co.uk/dash%201.jpg
GSi
http://www.mantamad.fsnet.co.uk/gsi%20dash.jpg
SRi (No oil or volts)
http://www.mantamad.fsnet.co.uk/sri%20dials.jpg

You also get the dash dials fitted to the 'Flair' which is the same layout as the standard dash but the central speedo is coloured white like the SRi.

wisewood
24-11-02, 01:50 AM
Thanks guys - I knew someone must be able to help.

The SRi ones are what I am after ideally... will measure my clocks tomorrow and see if they would fit the hole... then all i gotta do is worry about wiring :D which is destined to be different since my car is some bloody french rubbish :lol:

mikeoxford
24-11-02, 07:26 PM
just for the record the second set of dials are not gsi - they are GTE

i THINK the gsi dials were the same as the sr and sri dials - no pressure oil guage & battery

also just as a little note - its not that there is NO guage there, the oil guage and battery guages were replaced by half moon lights - warning you of no oil and low battery

what it is possible to do - (as i have done, is use both parts from a gte and old sr set, and make a nice set of white ringed dials etc - but keeping the guages at the top)

although while the clocks were out and i was doing this - i promptly fitted a digidash so i got no need for my hybrid dials no more :( altho they look cool in my room :lol: )

Manta Mad
24-11-02, 11:39 PM
2nd set of dials are definitely GSi ones!

mikeoxford
25-11-02, 11:00 AM
can anyone else confirm this?? as i always thought they were gte

Chris_W
25-11-02, 11:58 AM
They are defo GSI ones, even though the layout is the same in the GTE. They are GSI ones because if you look they have the 3 tabs on the edges so that they can be screwed down, whereas GTE or any MK1 dials wouldn't have these as they are simple a push fit design.

HTH

Chris

mikeoxford
25-11-02, 01:57 PM
i stand corrected then :oops:

i have seen those dials in a GTE (have never been inside a GSi though to this very day!!!!)

the reason i thought they werent was i couldnt see why in the mk2 sr and sri they gave white ringed dials etc etc and then in the GSi they reverted back to the old style??

anyway nevertheless - i apologise!!!!!!!

Ste_Nova
25-11-02, 04:03 PM
cause the sr is sporty (bright colours, trimmed sunvisors etc)
and the gsi is serious (dark interior, no bright paints)

Manta Mad
25-11-02, 06:17 PM
Here is a photo of a Nova GSi dash from the 1992 brochure - sorry about the poor quality, didn't want it to take toolong to load.
http://www.mantamad.fsnet.co.uk/gsi%20dashpic.jpg

Ste_Nova
26-11-02, 09:37 AM
nice fuse box cover :lol:

Manta Mad
26-11-02, 07:07 PM
yeh, strange one that, it looks like the dash is a shade of dark grey but I guess they couldn't be bothered to change the colour of the fuse cover - just used the standard light grey one, no-one will notice!!!!!