PDA

View Full Version : picking up a free shell 2moro

L33 LEG
29-11-08, 06:55 PM
im bored and want some ideas. im still on the look out for a decent nova shell but paulnova off here is giving me his old black one instead of scrapping it. it needs a lot of welding underneath and even tho the body panels are mostly in very good nick, the whole car was painted with tractor paint years ago lol my question is, if you were just wanting a nova to mess about with and have the intention of putting at least a valver in it would you:

respray the car and do it properly?
leave it the rough black it is but sticker it all up rally/track style to suit the engine and interior which will obviously be stripped and caged?
get rid of the shell and wait for a shell which doesnt need spraying?

i know most will go for option 3 and thats why im still looking out for another one, but it would be good to save this car as its a bit of a whore around town and would like it to be saved, and being a bad shell id probably end up enjoying driving it more as if i bump it it wouldnt bother me that much tbh.

your views?

the car: and bare in mind paul drove it for years and loved it, even tho it was a very dull paintjob.

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i184/L33LEG/random/paul-nova006.jpg

Cle
29-11-08, 07:03 PM
I'd go for option 2.
leave it the rough black it is but sticker it all up rally/track style to suit the engine and interior which will obviously be stripped and caged?

let_nova
29-11-08, 07:04 PM
RAT look!!!

doesnt look that bad. love the wheels!!!

L33 LEG
29-11-08, 07:04 PM
that would be the cheapest option and seen as i dont want to be spending a lot of money on this itl prob be the best option.

so, show me some pics of stickered up novas which are NOT white :)

L33 LEG
29-11-08, 07:05 PM
RAT look!!!

NEVER :mad: lol

cant stand that bloody trend ha!

let_nova
29-11-08, 07:07 PM
i was kidding. looks ok to me.

L33 LEG
29-11-08, 07:10 PM
its not that bad, after it had a wash it looked perfect and shiney but once it had dried it wasnt too good. at night tho nobody can tell but i prefer really clean cars so it may end up bugging me. so if i was thinking that if i stickered it up i can just tell people its part of the theme i was going for lol

looks like il have to have a go on photoshop and see what ideas i can come up with. on the plus side tho i can spray my own bumpers as whenever i try and go for gloss black it turns out exactly like the colour of the shell. but knowing me, il do a really good job this time and theyl be shiney Lol

let_nova
29-11-08, 07:17 PM
http://www.digicamco.com/images/090_2909w.jpg

L33 LEG
29-11-08, 07:19 PM
lol thats a bit more detail than i wanted

saying that tho, the blue suits the black pretty well. maybe thatl be a good colour scheme to go for.

let_nova
29-11-08, 07:20 PM
best i could find in black!!

let_nova
29-11-08, 07:21 PM
you have 1000 posts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

L33 LEG
29-11-08, 07:23 PM
:mad: iv been waiting for that since the past 100 posts and then i go and forget about it lol

muzzy
29-11-08, 08:54 PM
Respray it yourself in fluorescent yellow or something....then roll cage and track :thumb:

oh and an engine :wtf:

L33 LEG
29-11-08, 09:04 PM
thats not a bad idea actually lol

may have to put this on hold until i find out if im going to get a better shell off rexy that he has for sale