PDA

View Full Version : Oi!!!!!!

Fridge
28-11-08, 07:07 PM
Cheeky beggers!!!

http://www.pngclub.com/forum/view.php?pg=thenova

about half way down the page:

"The performance is mostly acceptable, though the diesels and 1.0-litre petrol cars are a bit on the slow side."

Apparently my van has the same 0-60 as a gte! (So i'v heard anyway)

General Baxter
28-11-08, 07:09 PM
yeah and up-graded to 1.7td lol

Spudly
29-11-08, 11:45 AM
Engines range from 1.0-litre, through 1.2, 1.3 and 1.4-litre petrol units to 1.5-litre diesel and turbo diesel engines; there was also the sporty 1.6 for the GTEi. This model was rebadged GSi after the 1990 facelift, which, amongst other spec changes, brought a new front grille and clear indicators with slimmer headlamps to give a sleeker, more modern look to all models.

Where did people "bring" the new front grilles and clear indiacators from then, and whats a GTEi lol

Jack
29-11-08, 11:49 AM
That looks like a chop from a parkers guide lol

I believe the 1.5td has performance between the SR and SRi models. N/A dervs are slow though. lol

Fridge
29-11-08, 12:59 PM
I question the integrity of the administrators if they are willing to plagiarise the parkers guide and not just write form the heart about our beloved baby Vauxhall.
Pffft, may never join now.

Spudly
29-11-08, 01:01 PM
Beloved baby vauxhall.....??

Have you actually owned a nova for any length of time lol

Fridge
29-11-08, 01:06 PM
Yes!
I enjoyed my Mk1 asta gte for 6 whole weeks before it failed the mot and was deemed unsafe to be on the road.
And the last 4 weeks of the Nova have been great. It makes me smile every day when i leave the house, walk past it and take the missues clio to work (The van doesn't have a stereo, that's all)

Spudly
29-11-08, 01:09 PM
Ahhhh, only four weeks well give it time and you will soon hate it with a passion and want it dead/sold/scrapped.

And after you have disposed of it you will want another of the annoying little creatures for no apparent reason, thats true nova ownership lol

General Baxter
29-11-08, 01:10 PM
Ahhhh, only four weeks well give it time and you will soon hate it with a passion and want it dead/sold/scrapped.

the cav ? ill swap you + dolla lol

mowgli
29-11-08, 01:11 PM
a 1.5td has the second best 0-60 time of any nova, but 0-60 is pants as a measure of speed. just how often does anyone do 0-60??? a 50-70 time is a far better gauge of car performance.
the 1.6 gte is actually stifled on the 0-60 because you should be changing up to third before you hit 60, and if it had a wide ratio f13box, it would do 0-60 in about a second less, but overall performance would be fairly crap

stop complaining that png people are telling lies. GM europe may have designed & made them, but we are the ones caring for them..

General Baxter
29-11-08, 01:12 PM
becasue diesels are the future lol

Spudly
29-11-08, 01:13 PM
the cav ? ill swap you + dolla lol

No not my cav so calm down lmao, you really like me cav dont ya lol

General Baxter
29-11-08, 01:26 PM
i do you know how hard it is to find a td cav loon lol

Spudly
29-11-08, 01:28 PM

Err no i dont tbh, but now youve said that there are a few TD cavs round here but theyre all ghey ass hatches, wierd that aint it i prefer nova hatches over saloons, and cav saloons over the hatches......

Hmmm now i know its a rare beasty i might have to keep it even longer haha!

General Baxter
29-11-08, 01:31 PM
Hmmm now i know its a rare beasty i might have to keep it even longer haha!

sorry i mean theres loads just rotting away yours must be worth about a quid,
lol

i want one in that bouduoux (sp) colour, you try and find that with a TD engine in lol

Spudly
29-11-08, 01:36 PM
Bordeaux i beleieve matey, hmmm did they actually do them in that colour as i thought it was just turbos and GSi`s that were that colour?

General Baxter
29-11-08, 01:37 PM
Bordeaux i beleieve matey, hmmm did they actually do them in that colour as i thought it was just turbos and GSi`s that were that colour?

yeah there were about 10 of them lol

Spudly
29-11-08, 01:38 PM
Thney will probably all be coke cans now then lol

Sturge
29-11-08, 02:03 PM

I scrapped mine because the clutch exploded lol

General Baxter
29-11-08, 02:04 PM
you gay lol

Sturge
29-11-08, 02:23 PM
Later box with no access panel, needed bottom arms both sides and new brakes, engine mount, rear bushes and a drivers door. Had done taxi mileage and cost me 250 quid with a years ticket. MOT was almost out so it went :D