PDA

View Full Version : too good to track?

Talon
28-11-08, 12:51 PM
as you know im currently selling my nova however im tempted to turn it into a track car for a bit of fun.

only touble is, its a mint nova and rare in jamaican yellow, seems a shame to gut it and possibly crash it?

what would you do? track the yellow one or just get something worse and track that? :thumb:

burgo
28-11-08, 01:05 PM
imo youve got more chance of crashing it and writing it off on the road than you have one the track and you want a good shell for a track car otherwise it would fall apart.

dhdev (Oli)
28-11-08, 01:57 PM
No such thing as too good to track, mine started off as a 4,500mile minter :thumb:

Southie
28-11-08, 02:00 PM
No such thing as too good to track, mine started off as a 4,500mile minter :thumb:

Even minter now :thumb:

dj_wudgey
28-11-08, 05:48 PM
i dont think it sould be personally its a minter be a shame to weld a cage in and so forth!!

sell the sr and spend half the cash thats made on a track car!!

Adam
28-11-08, 05:52 PM
You want to be tracking in a mint,strong shell!

YOu dont want a weak rusted shell when you're putting the car to the limits........

dj_wudgey
28-11-08, 06:03 PM
yea thats why he should sell the sr and buy a good strong base modle shell lol

draper
28-11-08, 06:17 PM
its a car, drive it - wether that be down the road or round a track

Will F
28-11-08, 06:43 PM
You want to be tracking in a mint,strong shell!

YOu dont want a weak rusted shell when you're putting the car to the limits........

:thumb:

Exactly - just do it, and learn to drive properly, then you wont crash!

sport
28-11-08, 09:28 PM
i dont think it sould be personally its a minter be a shame to weld a cage in and so forth!!

sell the sr and spend half the cash thats made on a track car!!

It already has a 2.0 16v fitted so hardly a mint standard SR.

jimbob-mcgrew
28-11-08, 10:20 PM
if its allready got a 2 litre 16 in it, it'l be crying for the track.
personaly from what ive heard, i think a redtop in a nova's bloody dangerous on public roads anyhow.

muzzy
29-11-08, 01:57 AM
As said you want the best shell possible for track use, its hardly ruining it by welding a cage in etc at the end of the day you cant (shouldnt) get proper use of the 2.0 16v engine on the public roads.

Track cars last alot longer than road cars, it wont be out in the salt etc

Just sell the interior for £2500 and make your money that way lol

draper
29-11-08, 08:09 AM
personaly from what ive heard, i think a redtop in a nova's bloody dangerous on public roads anyhow.

why ?

Spudly
29-11-08, 12:16 PM

Theres no such thing as a car being dangerous or even a road being dangerous...

Its the muppet behind the wheel that makes the car/road dangerous!

dj_wudgey
29-11-08, 03:16 PM
i personally think it should be sold on and used as a show car!!! mint mk2's are here and there instead off using a sort after model!!!