PDA

View Full Version : Fitting a 1.4 16v Corsa engine into a nova How do I do it?

ednovasr
20-11-02, 12:03 PM
Is this a easy straight swap?Do I need to do change anything:drive shafts, surpension?

How much should I pay for a good 1.4 16v engine

Want a 1.4 as 1.2 bit too slugish and 1.6 to pricy for my bitch to insure!

Advice please and companies of where can get the bit very much needed!

ED

Nova-Flair
20-11-02, 09:47 PM
try http://www.valvers.co.uk quite a detailed article on the conversion

CP
20-11-02, 10:22 PM
It'll go straight in - same drive shafts and engine mounts.

You will need to make sure the engine comes complete with all its sensors, dispak, ECU and wiring loom which needs to be spliced in. Beware valver bits are expensive - the std plug leads are like ?40

The engines aint cheap cos they are in demand. Prolly at least ?500 maybe a fair bit more.
Try Carquip 01366 324318 - scrappies and tuners - ask their advice - they know what they are talking about

Pete@DDMS
25-11-02, 12:28 PM
Fits straight in is exactly what we were told, but the 16v wont fit to a F10 gearbox so make sure you have the F13/15. Wiring isn't quite so straight forward as the haynes manual wire diagrams dont tell you everything and unblocking the ECU if you have a chipped one is expensive.
Another thing you will need is an electric fuel pump which no-one mentions.
There is a bit more messing than first seems but is well worth the conversion.

www.deedum.co.uk

Ste_Nova
25-11-02, 01:44 PM
one on mig for ?300+

will fit an f10 fit u use the matching f10 clutch and fly

wiring is easy

removing imob is hard so avoid engines that have it fitted but don't have key and reciver

stan*
27-11-02, 12:29 PM
How can it fit an F10? The bell housing is still smaller even if u put a smaller flywheel on the lump!

To get ariound immobiliser, just trace the wires back to their source and re-connect original Vaux wiers.