PDA

View Full Version : OIL LIGHT PROBLEM !!!!!!!!!!! PLZ HELP!!!!!!!!!!

welsh-taffy
19-11-02, 10:52 PM
hi, right, heres the problem. theres a light on the dials, and its down from in between the fuel gauge and the temperature gauge. it lights up when i put my foot down, or accelerate hard, or just put my foot down wen at more high speeds. its buggin me, as i have done an oil change, so it carnt be that. do u reckon its a dodgy switch, or ne ideas????? thanx alot, and hope some1 out there has the solution

Alex
20-11-02, 10:59 AM
My old dash used to do that. When you did the oil change did you wait a while for the oil to settle and then top it up? If you did it may just be a loose connection/ shot circuit.

Stuart
20-11-02, 06:03 PM
with all my sparkying know how, take the bulb out and throw it away :) if you cant see it, its not a problem;)

CP
20-11-02, 10:32 PM
It'll be some dodgy wiring most prob at the oil pressure sender which is at the back of the engine near the sump just in front of the driver side driveshaft.

Lol@ Cambridge. I hope none of my taxes are being used to subsidise your so-called education at Uni. Warning lights are there for a reason - you've spent too much time on a farm and picked up dumbfcuk farmworker reasoning lmao :roll: You 'll be using a nail to stop fuses blowing next :lol:

mowgli
22-11-02, 08:21 PM
Sorry to scare you, but my mum had an Astra 1300 & the oil light kept coming on. she kept getting the bloke at the local garage to look at it. He kept saying the oil level was ok.
The backplate on the oil pump had come undone, and the oil was just going back into the sump. It ran, but only just. we had to get another engine........................................

dikharvey
26-11-02, 02:39 PM
i have the same problem someone told my it was just that the oil pressure sender was fcuked haven't bothered to get off my arse to swa it over yet, ill do it tonight and let you know ASAP