PDA

View Full Version : More tuning, Gearbox, cam/dizzy drive

AlexW
27-11-08, 01:55 PM
Now im breaking my mk1 ive decided to change a few things on my daily runner (althou its off the road atm lol)

Im planning on fitting my 1.4SR cam, does anyone know for sure if the 1.2 Spi dizzy has the same drive as the cam?

Im also temped by fitting my F13, its wide ratio with a 4:18 final drive (i think anyways) This is simply because of the lower RPM at 70mph (lots of motorway driving) and the clutch needs replacing. Is it worth the small gains?

Plus i was thinking of fitting a 1.4 Spi injector, worth it?

And before you tell me to look on stu's thing, it dosnt list 4 speed boxes, so i cant see the gains for myself.

I would go out there and look myself but its always worth asking you lot.
I have also had looks through the articals, but im simply asking to clear some things up.

Thank you in advance.

dan23
27-11-08, 02:37 PM
if i remember correct 1.2 an 1.3 cam drives are same 1.4 is different
a 1.4 cam has the highest lift of all the standard nova cams so maybe fit a 1.4 cam an distributor

Stuart
27-11-08, 02:50 PM
If you have an F13 WR box and you do lots of M/Way miles, and dont mind a small acceleration sacrifice. I'd stick the Final Drive from whatever you have at the moment in... its going to drop the revs even further :D. Plus you can then sell the 4.18 fd as its worth a moderate amount of cash

Adam
27-11-08, 05:22 PM
1.2spi and 1.4sr cams have the same pin dizzy drive.

Not worth fitting the 1400 injection if the engine is largely standard.

AlexW
27-11-08, 05:24 PM
dan23 - I would but its SPi so i would have to find out if the 1.4 spi dizzy drives are the same.

Stu - Hmmm! Im not botherd about the accleration loss. The gearbox i have now is a 4speed F10 with a final drive of 3.94 iirc.

Just had a quick look on your gearing thing, and it would drop 200rpm, not much but still enough.

Edit: Spent too long writing this post.

Adam - im looking for any gains that i can get without spending lots.