PDA

View Full Version : Ireland declares war on France

Welsh Dan
27-11-08, 10:51 AM
Jacques Chirac, The French President, is sitting in his office when his telephone rings.

"Hallo, Mr. Chirac!" a heavily accented voice said. "This is Paddy down at the Harp Pub in County Clare, Ireland. I am ringing to inform you that we are officially declaring war on you!"

"Well, Paddy," Chirac replied, "This is indeed important news! How big is your army?"

"Right now," says Paddy, after a moment's calculation, "there is meself, me Cousin Sean, me next door neighbor Seamus, and the entire darts team from the pub. That makes eight!"

Chirac paused. "I must tell you, Paddy, that I have 100,000 men in my army waiting to move on my command."

"Begoora!" says Paddy. "I'll have to ring you back."

Sure enough, the next day, Paddy calls again. "Mr. Chirac, the war is still on. We have managed to get us some infantry equipment!"

"And what equipment would that be Paddy?" Chirac asks.

"Well, we have two combines, a bulldozer, and Murphy's farm tractor."

Chirac sighs amused. "I must tell you, Paddy, that I have 6,000 tanks and 5,000 armored personnel carriers. Also, I have increased my army to 150,000 since we last spoke."

"Saints preserve us!" says Paddy. "I'll have to get back to you."

Sure enough, Paddy rings again the next day. "Mr. Chirac, the war is still on! We have managed to get ourselves airborne! We have modified Jackie McLaughlin's ultra-light with a couple of shotguns in the cockpit, and four boys from the Shamrock Bar have joined us as well!"

Chirac was silent for a minute and then cleared his throat. "I must tell you, Paddy, that I have 100 bombers and 200 fighter planes. My military bases are surrounded by laser-guided, surface-to-air missile sites. And since we last spoke, I have increased my army to 200,000!"

"Jesus, Mary, and Joseph!" says Paddy, "I will have to ring you back."

Sure enough, Paddy calls again the next day. "Top o' the mornin', Mr. Chirac! I am sorry to inform you that we have had to call off the war."

"Really? I am sorry to hear that Paddy," says Chirac. "Why the sudden change of heart?"

"Well," says Paddy, "we had a long chat over a few pints of Guinness, and decided there is no freakin' way we can feed 200,000 prisoners."

Asa-James
27-11-08, 10:55 AM
lmao!!!! very good, any jokes about french surrender monkeys makes me laugh

Jack
27-11-08, 10:59 AM
lol very good!

IWannaNova
27-11-08, 11:27 AM
lmao!!!! very good, any jokes about french surrender monkeys makes me laugh

Makes me laugh, every time i hear it... He heeee lol lol

Shaun_O'Donnell
27-11-08, 11:45 AM
Was anyone else reading the Irish quotes in an Irish accent in their head?

Spudly
27-11-08, 12:15 PM

Afpmsl, yes i was lol

Have some rep for making me chuckle!

dj_wudgey
27-11-08, 12:16 PM
lmao good one that mate!!

Shaun_O'Donnell
27-11-08, 12:20 PM
Afpmsl, yes i was lol

Have some rep for making me chuckle!

Phew, thought I was going crazy there.

Cheers for the rep:thumb:

ade
27-11-08, 12:23 PM
lol - speaking of surrender monkeys did you know that a town in the North East (I think it was Darlington or Hartlepool) actually hung a monkey because someone thought it was a frenbch spy!

18th century sometimg

APMSL!

ade
27-11-08, 12:24 PM
in fact here you go - lol

http://www.thisishartlepool.co.uk/history/thehartlepoolmonkey.asp

Hobbit
27-11-08, 03:08 PM

oh yes, and a dodgy "haw he haw" french accent

Austin.J
27-11-08, 03:34 PM
cheese eating surrender monkeys are always good to poke fun at. lol

Shaun_O'Donnell
27-11-08, 03:43 PM
oh yes, and a dodgy "haw he haw" french accent

lmfao......

That always raises a smile on the wife's face......Haw he haw he haw.... lol lol

mowgli
27-11-08, 08:12 PM
in fact here you go - lol

http://www.thisishartlepool.co.uk/history/thehartlepoolmonkey.asp

then try & call a bloke from Hartlepool a 'monkey Hanger' & see what the reaction is..... basically you start running the moment the 'mon' sound comes out....

& the mayor of Hartlepool used to be the footy club mascot 'Angus the monkey'

skidmarkz
27-11-08, 08:27 PM

not sure i wanna admit it but yeah lol

Dod
27-11-08, 10:27 PM
Being Irish I'd just like to say, that was pretty good, apart from the Irish Phrases that no Irish people actually use. lol