PDA

View Full Version : ITV ROADS FROM HELL

Anton
19-11-02, 08:11 PM
Just watching the programme as I write this, and I think its a bit poor they are only showing the negative aspects of cruising- just the people that piss about and spoil it for everyone. I think its unfair the tw@ts that have to spoil cruises/meets and give us all a bad name :evil: Would have been nice to hear from the people that enjoy meets who 'behave', but unfortunatly the programme decided not to do this. They just used some tw@t in a fiesta rs turbo talking about doing 140mph in the rain!

big_steve_x
19-11-02, 09:50 PM
mmm, its called giving us a bad name, i watched it, did u see the part about getting off parking tickets, i'll post how you do it when i can be bothered, lol, its VERY easy to get off a parking ticket!!! did you know that if the yellow lines don't end with a 'T' at the end, the lines are not meant to be there, and so u can park there, lol, its weird, will get some pics for yas etc! maybe do yas a guide!

CP
19-11-02, 10:16 PM
I'm afraid, Anton, that the reason you didn't see ordinary responsible cruisers behaving well is cos it probably wouldn't make a "good story". A "good story" in TV lingo means 1 that is controversial and ends up earning the makers lots of money. The fact that it maybe unrepresentative, distorted, & edited such that it deliberately misrepresents the people shown is neither here nor there a lot of the time.

Aragorn
19-11-02, 10:54 PM
yeh i watched it and i had exactly those same thaughts running thru me head

i even pointed out to me parents that all they are focusing on is the arseholes and there are a lot of people who just wanna chill out and have a good time

me da says: "yeh but that wouldnt make a good story would it"

Anton
19-11-02, 10:57 PM
i think it was that phat bloke with the fiesta rst that pissed me off most! just wanted to release some anger lol :twisted:

Chris LR
20-11-02, 01:09 AM
I didn't see it, but if theres a fat bloke in a fiesta, he's the one to blame!

Ste_Nova
20-11-02, 09:48 AM
lol i was @ most of the events on that program.... including the street racing :twisted:

Dicko
20-11-02, 10:22 AM
in leeds ste? dont suppose they had you hanging out of anybodys sunroof ;)

J4TT
20-11-02, 04:45 PM
Any one go to the one in birmingham on saturday nites