PDA

View Full Version : More Fail from the Williams lol

Rexy
24-11-08, 09:20 PM
Took my willy to a garage this morning as i really couldnt be ****d fixing it myself... So Fail 1, Snagged the tow rope a little too hard and bye bye front bumper, Fail 2 some random thing has worked loose and rattling all over the place Front Nearside under the bonnet, attached to the towing eye.

Fail 3 Car finally at garage and taken in at about half 10, I work next door in a bodyshop... I have a lad come and ask me for the locking wheel nut and he said... "You should of seen the guys face when he opened the bonnet, He didnt know where to start"

To which i giggled, as i had told the garage owner about 10 times its a clio williams 2.0, has fark all room to do anything in and it would more than likly need the engine comming out lol hence why i cant be ****d to do it in winter lol.

Fail 4 10 bent valves

Apparently i will get it back for thursday But im going to play a game of what will be wrong with it when it comes back lol.

More Williams Fail tomorrow http://www.clio16valver.co.uk/forum/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Benn
24-11-08, 09:29 PM
Thats a lot of fails...

Adam
24-11-08, 09:31 PM
Another fail will be the cost!

Benn
24-11-08, 09:34 PM
How have you not dumped it yet?

nova danny1
24-11-08, 09:39 PM
fail 4,ouch!!!

Novaboi_1991
24-11-08, 09:40 PM
williams are nice quick cars that are worth a lot of money when fully runnig,

thats why.. lol

most people would go mad on the thought of owning a williams clio, broken or not,

if this guy scrapped or sold this off cheap as its broken, he need help .

Jack
24-11-08, 09:41 PM
http://prudz.files.wordpress.com/2008/03/car-fail.jpg

Rexy
24-11-08, 09:47 PM
i'm giving it until donnnington to prove its worth me keeping it... If we dont get along at donnington and my smiles are not from ear to ear then its being sold. And i will get a xsara VTS again or a clio 172 Phs1

Benn
24-11-08, 09:47 PM
williams are nice quick cars that are worth a lot of money when fully runnig,

thats why.. lol

most people would go mad on the thought of owning a williams clio, broken or not,

if this guy scrapped or sold this off cheap as its broken, he need help .

Pfft, i'd feel sad and dirty.

Rexy
24-11-08, 09:53 PM
Another fail will be the cost!

Upto Now:::

£100 cambelt kit and Aux Belt
£150 Headset, Headbolts and new water pump
£250 for 16 new valves, skimmed

Labour - Pmsl guy comes to me today and says its going to cost more than what he quoted as there is no room to do **** all in the engine bay...

Oh, rhealy we'll see when its fixed and i say im taking it out before i pay for it and see what i come back with as i have no faith in garages whatso ever.

Labour quoted at £150 - £200 For the job... 10 list time to do the cylinder head... This is new cambelt kit and water pump, Plus head refit.

Benn
24-11-08, 09:57 PM
Why are you skimming the head?

Rexy
24-11-08, 10:00 PM
always do, But i dunno if they will skim it or not. just a persumption

paddy138
24-11-08, 10:05 PM
would only be skimmed if gasket went, wont need skimmed, is labour £200 or did i pick that up wrong, if so its not that bad

Rexy
24-11-08, 10:10 PM
yeah labour is around £200ish... its not overheated or HG fail at all. I just thought heads got skimmed once taken off. If not at least i get that compression up baby :D

Riggy
24-11-08, 10:13 PM
thats why you love nova's more lol and always find your way back :thumb:

Benn
24-11-08, 10:24 PM
always do, But i dunno if they will skim it or not. just a persumption

No need anless there is surface damage.

would only be skimmed if gasket went, wont need skimmed,

Only at time, glad someone else sees the light ho.

Rexy
24-11-08, 10:39 PM
thats why you love nova's more lol and always find your way back :thumb:

Usually the case.... Me n wilson have decided that smaller engined cars with better sus setup rule pmsl.

Spudly
24-11-08, 11:39 PM
Oh dear......

Looks like even the willy has figured out that the lil nova is miles better and is trying to tell you this aswell lol

loggyboy
25-11-08, 01:11 AM
Skimmed because:
Bent valves usualy means damaged guides, new guides means heating the head to insert the new guides.
heated head = possible deflection so light skim required.

muzzy
25-11-08, 01:33 AM
you can fit guides by putting them in the freezer and then press them in streight away once they are frozen, thats what we did at my old work :thumb:

~~joycey~~
25-11-08, 01:39 AM
French sh!tbox lol

Ernie
25-11-08, 08:16 AM
from the badge back is a big fail lol.

novait
25-11-08, 09:09 AM
^ very true.lol

paddy138
25-11-08, 10:01 AM
wouldnt think guides would be bent if belt broke at low speed, i know on the newer petrol renault engines we just stick valves in them, not too often you would have to replace guides

dj_wudgey
25-11-08, 11:56 AM
French sh!tbox lol

i do agree maty the only french car i have ever like is renault 5 turbo and their sh*t!!!! i dont think id ever go french!!! has any one seen the new megan advert and remeber when you said you'd never buy a renault!!! i still wouldent but yea sorry to hear off this dilema i think id just get rid and buy something else me!!

craig green
25-11-08, 12:39 PM
has any one seen the new megan advert and remeber when you said you'd never buy a renault!!! i still wouldent

Aye! lol

Great cars the Williams, but feck loads of hassle. I'm convinced hundreds of them are all sat in peoples garages & driveways due to being broken down or owner too skint to repair it.

Get it running & get rid. :thumb:

Lee
25-11-08, 01:31 PM
The main fail was the original purchace lol

I hope it continues to hit you in the wallet :)

craig green
25-11-08, 03:00 PM
My mate used to race a lad up the dual carriageway in his XE Nova against a Williams 1 & beat it, then the lad wrote it off & bought a tuned Williams 2. That ate his XE. Very capable cars, just a shame they are french.

dj_wudgey
25-11-08, 03:01 PM
id rather have a xe nova any day though!!!

french riggy
25-11-08, 07:35 PM
i've had one lol, and nah i wouldnt pmsl. Not again as a daily driver. . . (rexy)

Benn
25-11-08, 08:31 PM
My mate used to race a lad up the dual carriageway in his XE Nova against a Williams 1 & beat it, then the lad wrote it off & bought a tuned Williams 2. That ate his XE. Very capable cars, just a shame they are french.

A williams1 couldnt keep up with my white nova... Well till i broke and he didnt so well and bent my shell, as he hit me at 60.

Rexy
25-11-08, 09:28 PM
the nova will be quicker more than likly. But i cant be ****d fitting an xe into the shell pmsl. Thats the whole reason i bought the williams lol.

Benn
25-11-08, 09:39 PM
My post was more so make sure the brakes work..lol

Rexy
25-11-08, 10:10 PM
LMFBO, bad reactions...

dave.gsi
25-11-08, 10:10 PM
the nova will be quicker more than likly. But i cant be ****d fitting an xe into the shell pmsl. Thats the whole reason i bought the williams lol.

bite the bullet and pay someone else to XE the nova then.............it'll be a lot cheaper than taking the engine out of the clio evertytime it spits its dummy out (which is gonna be a weeky thing by the looks of it!) lol

that said though, when they are working they handle soooo much better than a nova :thumb:

Benn
25-11-08, 10:14 PM
LMFBO, bad reactions...

Nah he even said to my ex that the brakes are total ****. But that was just before she game her statment to the cops.

Rexy
25-11-08, 10:23 PM
Lmfbo.... My brakes are pretty **** hot tbh, Once tyres are on laffin.

Dave - There is not a chance in hell im paying somebody to xe my nova lmfbo thats just never ever ever going to happen... Ive built one on my drive before and i dont trust garages etc at the best of times.

I'll get it back on road and then learn allllll baout the clio williams etc, only way really.

dave.gsi
25-11-08, 10:35 PM
I'll get it back on road and then learn allllll baout the clio williams etc, only way really.

in a nutshell.............fast, handle well, break down (alot!), really awkward to work on = expensive bills. good if you have deep pockets and a back up car for when it all goes wrong :thumb:

Spudly
25-11-08, 11:29 PM
Youre ghey really choosing french over reliability but meh, i want at least a passenger seat ride in the willy though bud:thumb:

french riggy
26-11-08, 06:32 PM
drive it spud, Head come back today Im impressive at the inlet and exhaust ports.... woooooooh there big :D

I wanted to sort it myself but its having the time. This Cambelt fail is just bad luck so i dont really see it as a major williams fail really atm. I'm going buying a supersprint exhast manifold tonight for it and once it comes back a set of cams and a remap. After the tyres maybe suspension not 100% sure on that as yet.

Spudly
26-11-08, 06:48 PM
drive it spud

Rexy im guessing then:)

I would love to but im not covered on other vehicles on my insurance as theyre ghey and wont cover me as im in the trade..

:mad: For being all legit and telling them exactly everything!

Rexy
26-11-08, 10:27 PM
donnington park u homo :P