PDA

View Full Version : is it all fcukin worth it??

Nova-Flair
18-11-02, 06:37 PM
took me 2nd driving test today........failed again. i am beginning to wonder weather it is all worth it. thats ?80 down the drain just on tests. then there is the grief i am gonna get off me m8s for takin over a yr to pass me test and to top it off there is another probable 8 wk wait will i take me next test. :cry:

wisewood
18-11-02, 06:47 PM
dont get too disheartened mate - you'll get there eventually.
on and off i was taking lessons for two years+
finally managed to get grandmother to pay for me so i could get enough to get to test and passed first time - but i was being naughty and driving without licence between lessons so i was more experienced than your average first attempt person.

My mate has just passed on his fourth attempt - we gave him some grief the first time but after that we backed off - because if you are a true mate - you dont make your mates feel any worse than they already do.

Bad you failed again mate - but it is something else you know you have to work on for next time... what did you fail on?

mikeoxford
18-11-02, 06:49 PM
take it easy mate

i passed second time - first time round i got TWO god damn it minors, one major - the major was because - to put it nicely, a nice asian man in a lurevly nissan bluebird taxi, decided to cut me up

:evil: :o

and cos i didnt "expect" him to do it - and i wasnt "aware of other road users" ggggrrr

second time round i got 6 minors!

due to bad habbits, mainly holding car on foot brake rather than handbrake, and also because i was nervouse / desprate to pass - couldnt let my dad down again, that was the worst thing as he took me out EVERY nite without fail for an hour while i was leanring - i only had 4 BSM lessons, and that was just so i cud use there car in test as a boy racer nova at the time i passed with oversized bake bean can exhaust wouldnt have gone down to well - oh the good old days! and yes me and my dad did used to go out like that! felt a right tw@t at the time with L plates, dad in toe!

i no its hrash, but KEEP on ringing up to see if theres any cancellations - i got mine with a two week gap in between - dont just ask for your local place, see whats available in the area as such

dont be X m8 - its all good in the end! - youll c

Anton
18-11-02, 06:57 PM
Good luck for next time. Keep your head up high and get some more practice :D I was lucky in my test, got a country route. Just keep phoning for them cancellations! I took the test in a lowered nova on 15's with illegal rear lights and a big bore, and if i can get thru, you can :wink: The examiner was really cool and was into modded cars, throughout the test he talked to me about modifications and his beemer!

Nova-Flair
18-11-02, 07:02 PM
failed on not indicating going onto a sliproad. then some twat keept beeping his horn which just sealed my fate. breaks me heart having me car on the driveway just waiting for me to pass tho :(

MattyWoo
18-11-02, 07:12 PM
I've got my second test on thursday :? I'm too scared to think about it in case i fail again, I know how Nova-Flair feels. i've had my car since june and i need to drive it :(

the thing that annoys me, has anyone seen that "britains worst driver" show on channel 5?? i mean how them people got a license in the first place amazes me! i mean they can;t drive for shit, and then they go and fail me and my mates who are 10 times as safe as them. They should make people retest every few years, just to make sure they ent as crap as the people on there.

Nova-Flair
18-11-02, 07:36 PM
good luck for thursday matty u'll b ok but for fooks sake dont lose your concentration for a second. i was perfect up until that sliproad. drivers like the ones u mentioned boil my pi$$. but i dont agree with the testing thing i couldnt do that again once i had passed.

Aragorn
18-11-02, 09:37 PM
not meaning to rub it in or anything and i know nerves can really get to you when doing your test,

i had to stop and pull away from side of road 5 times cos he couldnt see me using my mirror and then i stalled it at a roundabout and nearly pulled out on a car on a blind bend which owing to the brakes on the test car being extremely sharp caused me to seemingly overreact (car jolts to a stop :oops: )

but, not using the indicators going onto a slip road? come on man :o

thats the kinda thing that REALLY pisses me off - i ALWAYS use my indicators, even changing lanes on motorways or for filterlanes at traffic lights, and people who drive around without any indication at all REALLY annoy me - i mean as you now know they needed to do it to pass thier test so did they suddenly decide one day to forget all that knowledge they learned while learning to drive - i mean they dont forget to change gear or how the lights and wipers work, but they totally ignore lane markings, never indicate and drive like total fuckin nobs ALL THE TIME!!!!

and that wasnt all directed at you - just pointing out how much contempt i have for people who really shouldnt be on the road

what you need to do is keep your head up and get the test passed, dont get down hearted, i know it must be a bastard to keep failing but stick in there - and dont make any silly mistakes next time :P

out of interest what did u do wrong first time round?

Fester
18-11-02, 10:06 PM
I had to take my test 3 times. I learned and did the test in the 1300SR and then rolled it the day after - i know about gutted mate lol I'm sure they were failing me as 'Kev Rowan' and 'Paul McKenna' (yes i know your names) didnt like getting into a low SR lol.

In fact my mate informed McKenna he was gay after he failed him.

Keep at it mate youll get there, just dont go fucking mental when you pass or youll end up with some messed up metal and a large bill :?

Nova-Flair
18-11-02, 11:06 PM
first time i failed on stopping on the middle of a level crossing. which sounds worse than it was! i was following traffic then it stopped in front of me so i instinctively stopped and i just happened to be on the level crossing. just silly shit that i shouldnt have done. got the same crossing today ironically

?Marty?
18-11-02, 11:53 PM
No it's not worth it. Kill yourself if, unlike me, you don't pass first time.

Ste_Nova
19-11-02, 10:43 AM
i passed first time.... i my modded nova :twisted:

RobIsGrt18
19-11-02, 11:07 AM
it is worth it geez, just keep trying !!! :D

wisewood
19-11-02, 11:33 AM
No it's not worth it. Kill yourself if, unlike me, you don't pass first time.

well isn't that just incredibly supportive.

Nova1.6
19-11-02, 12:32 PM
i passed first time, luckly. of cause it is worth it, with the time uve got till ur next test do ur car up more, it'll give u more of an insentive to take ur time on ur test and do everything carefully.
good luck mate.

wisewood
19-11-02, 12:36 PM
i was lucky to pass - i was really tired... been working in a club the night before (bar staff) and got home at 3:30am and then had an hours driving lessons at 7:30am before my test.

So was really tired... ended up with 13 minor faults... just stupid stuff coz i was so tired... Could quite easily have got more than that though.

Don't get too down about it - a mate of mine was once failed for selecting 1st gear at a roundabout when he was still moving forward all be it very slowly.

Nova-Flair
19-11-02, 06:28 PM
booked another test today.......its in january :( but i have more time to mod my car and perfect my sliproad technique. oh well 2003 could get off to a brilliant start :twisted: watch out britains roads!

wisewood
19-11-02, 06:41 PM
what's the date of your test?
my birthday is in January... could have a double celebration :D
... although i don't celebrate birthdays anymore - I am getting too old.

Dan
19-11-02, 07:08 PM
i'm glad i passed at the time i did, no theory test bollocks, for me it was just a case of 2 lessons, apply for test, 3 after that (one of which right before test), i was lucky and passed first time, after which i got home, grabbed keys and headed straight for motorway lol :twisted: . i feel sorry for u guys and the process u go through now :(

Nova-Flair
19-11-02, 07:37 PM
me test is on 15th jan. u have to celebrate b/days m8 n e excuse for a pi$$ up :D

Chris LR
19-11-02, 10:09 PM
I failed first time, Rover Driver!

The second test was a bit strange, pulled out and suddenly realised what I was doing "Ahh sh1t I'm doing this thing again!"

I was OK and I got 5 minors. I was only 1 more away from 3 strikes and out with my steering. Just act like your moms in the car, thats the only time I drive 'well' and to the speed limit.

I never told anyone I failed first time. I said i got to the test centre and They cancelled it, then I went round to a m8's. :?

mix n match
19-11-02, 10:15 PM
Dont worry about it m8, i passed on the 2nd attempt. Failed first time for accelerating too quick on a roundabout WTF!!!!! too quick my AR*E what did he expect when he took me round the worst test route in rush hour:evil: :evil: :evil: .

anyway good luck with the next 1

Aragorn
19-11-02, 10:51 PM
i got a minor for NOT accellerating quick enough onto a roundabout

some nob in a lexus cam belting round after i'd entered and i got a minor for not accellerating out his way :o

Ric 16v
20-11-02, 02:29 PM
I failed my first test and I now have another a week 2day

Nova-Flair
20-11-02, 10:45 PM
good luck SRI 16v hope u pass m8

Chris LR
20-11-02, 10:51 PM
Good luck m8,

The main thing that pi55ed me off was the cost. My mate had a go today because I wouldn't give him a lift home, I told him in no uncertain terms that he'd been getting a free ride, no money = no car.

I think I spent about ?400, including failing once. I went with BSM, with a 10% student discount.

Matt Finary
21-11-02, 12:33 AM
Good luck mate!

Matt

bob
21-11-02, 10:46 AM
bad news mate :cry: u will get there in the end tho, just book another test ASAP!!!- when I had to take my test again(after getting revoked) I got my theory test done,and an hour after that booked my driving test,test date was ONLY 4 MONTHS AWAY!!! :evil: so I decided to ring for cancellations, and the nice woman on the fone, told me to try friday afternoons,cos thats the day they put up the cancellations on computer,and examiners put down wot other tests they can do!-I rang up friday,and got a test in 2 weeks after ringing!!! just remember this mate,may be worth a try :) good luck

MattyWoo
21-11-02, 11:22 AM
I'm waiting here at the moment, i've got 2 hours to wait till my instructor picks me up for my 2:30 test. i'm more worried the 2nd time than the first time, i had a disasterous lesson last night, i've got a feeling the test is gonna go tits up!!

Alex
21-11-02, 11:26 AM
you will be ok. You always have a few bad lessons

MattyWoo
21-11-02, 01:17 PM
cheers.
anyways im off now, i'll no doubt let you know what happens. i'm really shittin meself now :cry:
but started feelin a little better when i saw these :wisewood: :micky: HAHA cheers guys
matt

wisewood
21-11-02, 01:22 PM
you never seen the wisewood n micky heads before ???

good luck mate!!!