PDA

View Full Version : Anyone running a hydralic clutch?

Rich
23-11-08, 10:27 PM
Going to be using an f28 on my let. I know it usually takes a feed off the brake fluid resevoir on vauxhalls, what have you used?

R1CH
23-11-08, 11:06 PM
Going to be using an f28 on my let. I know it usually takes a feed off the brake fluid resevoir on vauxhalls, what have you used?

What, for the reservoir ??
Your gonna be using a seperate MC for the clutch so just have a reservoir off the top of that, or have it remote if theres no room.

Rich
23-11-08, 11:34 PM
Yeah i would be able to use a seperate resovoir, just wondered what mc people have used?

Never actually had a good look at one to see how it would fit etc. Its not a common thing to come across so not likely to be alot of help about. Was hoping somone on here may have done it and had pics

edit, sorry ive just notice how crap that first post was

R1CH
23-11-08, 11:42 PM
Probly best to just buy one from somewhere like DemonTweeks, pretty sure all aftermarket / motorsport type ones all use the same mountings / fittings ? there not that expensive either.
Try and PM Rick Draper, pretty sure he used / was using a Hydraulic clutch set up on his, should be able to tell you what size MC to use.

From what i've read its a bit of a ball ache fitting the slave cylinder to the box ? Think theres a bit of machining to do on the casing as well ?

Whats the reason for going hydraulic clutch ?

Rich
23-11-08, 11:50 PM
To lose the cable, pain rubbing on the inlet. Neaten it up, if its going to be that much hassle i wont bother. Its just a thought, my old nova clutch never felt right with the cable being at a dodgy angle coming out the bulkhead. Would get a better feel from a hydralic one.

R1CH
23-11-08, 11:58 PM
Never had an issue with a std cable tbh, if its that much of an issue i'd look into lowering the clutch cable mount on the bulkhead so it doesn't rub the inlet.

http://www.v-tuning.com/F28%20Hydraulic.htm

Add a new MC, hoses and modding the pedal to the cost of that and your taking a good £450+

Think i'd stick with the cable.

Rich
24-11-08, 12:04 AM
Think i willstick to a cable lol. Do have a new slave cylinder kit somone left on my bench at work.. dont know why it was left there hope theres not a car driving around without one lol