PDA

View Full Version : valver, max speed in all gears???

TUBZGSXR
18-11-02, 10:31 AM
i saw an article in total vauxhall on a mk 1 red nova with white alloys that had a sbd 190bhp 1.6 16valve and aparently he could do bout 40 in 1st and 70 mph in secound! wot dya reakon abou tthat ! and wot can u 20litre guys do in 1st 2nd and third etc.???

Aragorn
18-11-02, 11:28 AM
that nova in TV was the one that had about 5 engine rebuild if i remember

it was a quaife streight cut gearbox he was using (actully i think it was an F13 casing with quaife internals but all the same) hence the nutter ratios

FWIW my F10/4 from my 1.2 saloon will do

25 in 1st
45 in second
70 in third
and i dunno what 4th will do cos its never got there :) - 90mph at 4800rpm's or so down a hill :D

Stuart
18-11-02, 12:30 PM
question: are you ever going to build anything as a result of your constant questions (with no regard to money lol)?

speed in gear depends on how high you can rev the engine and what the gear/final drive ratios are.

TUBZGSXR
18-11-02, 01:19 PM
yea definately, i just like to know all the options, and rather than giving a specific amount of money, sayin that money isnt a problem means that i hear all the possible ideas/info etc, rather than people awnsering on the aumption that i have ?2ooo, or ?5ooo or wotever, obviously money isnt limitless, but im not badly off if thats wot u mean, just nice to know all the options.........