PDA

View Full Version : megajolt

aaronc190
23-11-08, 06:16 PM
any here using megajolt on a 1600 16v if so can i have pictures of the map(s)..?? is it easy to map it without a dyno?

Adam
23-11-08, 06:17 PM
No its not easy to map, as its ignition, which is much trickier to map than fuelling.

Best of getting it running and then driving it calmly to a RR

aaronc190
23-11-08, 07:44 PM
have you pics of your map??
so i could just copy the digits

muzzy
23-11-08, 08:40 PM
I would get it set up properly, the digits on his map wont be the same as what you will be looking for unless you are running exactly the same engine set up.

aaronc190
23-11-08, 09:20 PM
o rite buts its only spark??

its standard xel16 with r1 carbs and exhaust system including manifold...

Stuart
23-11-08, 09:40 PM
lol @ "its only spark".... wait till you make it det its tits off and wreck the engine (or retard the living daylights out of it and burn out an exhaust valve)

aaronc190
23-11-08, 10:07 PM
well im plannin on gettin it sparkin between 5degrees btdc and 5degrees atdc just go get it runin...instead of making a laugh of me why dont you help me because thats what im looking for! seen as your so smart.

Adam
23-11-08, 10:43 PM
If it was as simple as that people wouldnt pay £400 for mapping.........

muzzy
24-11-08, 02:05 AM
Mapping isnt as simple as you think, theres alot more involved than just copying what another car has. You should really just take it to get it done professionally. You will seriously damage the engine if you do it wrong regardless if its fuelling or ignition :thumb:

Stuart
24-11-08, 08:55 AM
well im plannin on gettin it sparkin between 5degrees btdc and 5degrees atdc .

thats WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY too retarded.. You dont want to go less than 10deg BTDC in reality.. and no more than 20Deg at higher loads, until you get to a RR.

have a look on the net for ignition tables for various cars and ecus, then use your brain and make something simlar in MJ using the 20deg max as a guideline

_JH_
24-11-08, 12:35 PM
I understand you have done a lot of work with ECUs Stuart so correct me if I'm wrong, but if you're telling him to have '...a look on the net for ignition tables for various cars and ecus, then use your brain and make something simlar in MJ using the 20deg max as a guideline' why can't he copy Adam's using the same guideline to get him to a rolling road?

Adam, is your engine so wildly spectacular in tune that your map won't come close? Surely you can give him an idea? I doubt anyone would enjoy taking a non-runner to the RR to find out it won't run for other reasons.

aaronc190, in answer to your second question, No. Whether you get any help on this or not, you still need to get it to a rolling road. Agreed it'd be nice to get it going first, but either way it has to be set up properly - trailer it there if you can.

Stuart
24-11-08, 02:51 PM
Didnt think Adam was on MJ/MS.... hmm

Adam
24-11-08, 03:30 PM
I had MJ, and had a map i made for it which i could upload if you want.
Its just a basic map though, pretty much what comes with the ecu as standard.

I also have various other maps for other engines.

Ive never used any of them though so use with caution.........

aaronc190
24-11-08, 03:59 PM
o ok thaks for the help...but i wouldalso like to learn all about this mapping thing..

Stuart
24-11-08, 04:09 PM
honestly, and really DONT take this the wrong way, Spark is not the best place to start learning.... you can do sooo much damage with such little mistakes compared to mapping for fuel with a safe spark map.

There is tons and tons of info about on the net on howto get the basics done. Just needs a little time spent with google and understanding of how and engine works and what it needs to work well.

Adam
24-11-08, 04:14 PM
And i wouldn't to learn on an engine i cared about/that cost £££.....

aaronc190
24-11-08, 04:20 PM
ok...is there a map for each cylinder or just one??

Stuart
24-11-08, 06:04 PM
should be one map for all cylinders.

muzzy
24-11-08, 06:12 PM
See if your local college does an evening course on Engine Management, mine does. It would be a good place to start if your wanting to learn about mapping properly, you will get to know all about how engine management actually works and you could work from there.

aaronc190
24-11-08, 08:05 PM
im only 16 and still in secondary school...