PDA

View Full Version : Suspension?...

jon_boy
18-11-02, 09:04 AM
Whats the best suspension set up i can look to get for about 200quid. maybe a bit either way. basically i wouldnt mind getting something second hand if it was in good condition and want my car lowered about 60mm. any ideas?

Aragorn
18-11-02, 11:47 AM
i baught a bilstein streetline kit last month and its really sweet

it only drops it by 40mm but it handles like a beast and its not totally rock solid over bumps as i had expected it to be

think it comes in at about ?210 or so plus delivery

ade
18-11-02, 01:07 PM
GMAX - full kit 60mm drop all round springs and dampers will set you back about ?215 new. I fitted mine earlier this year and its sweet. Looks v good.

If your cars a lower model (1.2) you may find it bneficial to stiffen the ride further by fitting a set of anti roll bars front and rear. i did this also and car handles much better in corners than before although with my 15's it can be a little heavy at times (prob need more air in the tyres though)

Ade
:wink:

mikeoxford
18-11-02, 02:03 PM
if money will allow i would advise an aftermarket strut brace (or set)

i picked up a 3pc set, for wait for it :o ?45 notes ! not only does it function, it well looks the part too.

front turret to turret (under bonnet) - rear arch to arch (inside boot)

and i havent got round to fitting the lower one to the steering yet (cant quite see how it mounts) - any ideas?

and to be fair, if funds allow, id get a set! i couldnt BELIEVE the effect it had - not noticeable straight away, just when you throw it round roundabouts, or when you travel down a road you go down regulary and you think hhhmmmm thats changed 4 the better!!! normal roll bars are a definite step up from base models! they have an incredible effect too IMO

Anton
18-11-02, 02:07 PM
I agree with ade, the gmax kit is good value 4 money, and a good ride. I have a 60mm drop on 15's and it looks really nice.

jon_boy
18-11-02, 06:43 PM
well thanks for all of this lads, i didnt expect such a good response. i think i'l go for the g max set. apparently dan 16v was selling his to me but never got round to pm'ing back so there we go. and mike where di u get ur strut brace from? and how much are anti roll bars? cheers lads, jon

Aragorn
18-11-02, 08:01 PM
i picked up a GTE antiroll bar from me local scrapper for ?10

thats extremely cheap tho

expect to pay around ?20

jon_boy
19-11-02, 06:39 PM
just got an anti roll bar off a 1.3sr for free! mate stacked his nova. backwards>>??!! How much do second hand coil over kits go for, and what are the benfits of them, cos people do seem to rave about em a bit? any ideas? thanks alot lads! jon

Nova-Flair
19-11-02, 06:46 PM
where is the best place to get that bilstein kit from aragorn?? how much would u expact to pay in the way of fitting?

frog_southampton
19-11-02, 07:06 PM
with the anti roll bar, is that what the bushes are on?
my bushes are gone, is it best 2 change whole anti roll bar?
I got a GTE