PDA

View Full Version : *WARNING* car scam *PLEASE READ*

rex-16v
23-11-08, 03:29 PM
Please take a minute to read through this, you might be able to help or stop this happening to your self or others.
CLICKY (http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/710-53481-19255-0/1?type=4&campid=5335828416&toolid=10001&customid=&mpre=http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=160300237306&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=006)
Car scams like this are growing and also seen on BBC how its done.
Iv had this happen in my family when selling our car and its unlikely you will ever see your car again if this happens to you.

mowgli
23-11-08, 03:40 PM
this sort of scam has been round since the old testament.....

rule 1. NEVER EVER let an object out of your sight even if someone leaves 'security'
rule 2. if a deal sounds too good to be true, it is....

calibra-keith
25-11-08, 03:52 PM
i almost got scamed once when i had a race prep aprilia that was on bike sport uk on sky sports 2002 (only 125 but was young at time lol) 2 meat heads trying to do one on me saying it wrecked worth nothing yet trying to get it in there van before they paid even tho i was young i wouldn't let it off my drive till paid and they started to make more rubbish up so they could walk away lol

dj_wudgey
25-11-08, 04:28 PM
this sort of scam has been round since the old testament.....

rule 1. NEVER EVER let an object out of your sight even if someone leaves 'security'
rule 2. if a deal sounds too good to be true, it is....

i agree budy i wouldent let any one out off grabing distance when you selling cars or situations like it!!!!

L14MNP
26-11-08, 01:45 AM
Only fools (not horses) get fleeced. So who gives a fu(k lol

Novaboi_1991
26-11-08, 09:17 AM
thanks rex-16v , im sure you ppostingg will save a few people getting scammed,

L14MNP - im sure you have or will be in a situation like this at some point in your life...

bmw156
26-11-08, 10:03 AM
sorry is this me but what was the scam in the ebay link

to me it wasd a story be it fake or true about some company who got ****ed over by "john" and was on the look out for him or the car.
if people wernt stupid enough not to read the full description and they wouldnt waste 10 grand lol.

can some one please inform me of the scam lol

p.s did you see the amount of questions 18 ffs

Jack
26-11-08, 10:06 AM
Link been firewalled - someone fill me in?

Stuart
26-11-08, 10:17 AM
some compnay modded a car for someone (seemingly with no cash up front...) and then the car owner went over and took his car back leaving a laptop as a garuntee...... emtpy laptop bag lol.

To be fair, if they are going to be stupid enough to not demand cash/CC there and then. Then they deserved it tbh.

calibra-keith
26-11-08, 02:36 PM
not sure if this has anything to do with it but there was a few scams like this going round and im sure they did this on that bbc program (the one with the 2 blokes and that hot bird) so yes in away on this case was part there fault but i can see why some one would post it to try make people aware of a few scams like this are happening and not just to companys who should know better and could happen to someones sister or mother unaware of these scams and without the help of someone been there while there trying to sell there car. if they can catch people out in the trade then they will rip off others.

Sloth
26-11-08, 03:02 PM
spooks bud