PDA

View Full Version : 1.2i tuning. Cam etc.

AlexW
22-11-08, 02:43 PM
After having a quick read through adams guide, ive decided i really should start modding the engine.

Ive already got a decat pipe to go on, i know it wont make much differance but ive got it so why not.

Ive got a cam from a 1.4i (spi) and wonderd is this any better than the standard one? if not i also have a complete 1.4 to nick bits off. But would changing the cam for eather of the above make the idle lumpy at all? as i know that aftermarket cams can do.

Im basicly looking for any other cheap mods that i could do to the little 1.2 without having to do a lot of work. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Forgot to ask too, Is it worth changing to a F13CR?

chimp007_uk
22-11-08, 03:35 PM
I thinkthe usualroute is gte/gsi components...

I have a gte standard exhaust ;)

AlexW
22-11-08, 03:49 PM
heh i know but id rather fit things that arnt going to cost me much, ive already got a twin downpipe exhaust planned, but its pointless without the manifold (Lamba sensor, but i know i could relocate it to after the 2-1 of the downpipe)

Im looking for cheap mods really.

Adam
22-11-08, 04:20 PM
Its not worth fitting a 1.4spi cam.

AlexW
22-11-08, 04:23 PM
what about a 1.4 sr cam then?

Adam
22-11-08, 04:32 PM
All the info you need is in the articles thread.

Either fit a gte/gsi cam or a 1.4sr one

muzzy
22-11-08, 04:34 PM
i dont know if this will work on a nova but my mate has put a Saxo VTR 4-2-1 manifold onto his 1.1 Saxo and is running it with a full stainless system and it has seriously freed up the engine.

But as i said i dont know if this is possible on a Nova as ive never looked into it at all.

therealnovaboy
22-11-08, 05:31 PM
youd be best putting on a 1.2 carb and head. buy the head lap in valves, smalll amount of polishing and port match in prep for the swap.that would see an improvement. cost buttons to do

Damo
23-11-08, 01:55 PM
hi mate i ouldnt have thought that a standard cam would make it lumpy on tickover because ive got a nova gsi cam in my 1.2spi an it didnt make it lumpy but it gave it a good power gain just mate it up to a 1.6spi inlet(c16nz) and a 1.8spi throttle body as per adams info guide should give even better gains then.

cheers damen.