PDA

View Full Version : Ye Olde Problemo of Astra 16v brakes + carb upgrade

Anonymous
11-11-00, 11:46 PM
Responding to the replies to my last message, I do already have the standard astra "hot-cross bun" alloys (14"x5.5") but the brakes still don't fit. The callipers, when mounted, don't sit tight around the disc, but sit about a half inch or so out, away from the edge of the disc. It's really fucking me off because even if they did fit under the wheels, in their current state only a half to two thirds of the pad would be used for actual braking. If it is a lost cause, would Cav SRi brakes work better? Also, I have a PMC exhaust system(downpipe-back) and a K+N filter, where can I get a larger throttle jet for my Pierburg 1B1 carb from to help it cope with the extra air? If such a thing exists!!? Cheers again lads

Anonymous
12-11-00, 10:17 AM
okay for your carb try reading the guide on this site which will tell u to fit a fuel jet from a 1.3 or 1.4 sr carb this should do the trick. on the brake front u say that only 2 thirds ov the brake pad comes into contact with the disc? u sure u havent got vectra v6 or carlton/senator stuff with astra valver discs? this is what it sounds like the pad should all come into contact with all the disc if u have the bigger callipers then they will defo not go under 14" wheels

if u have the right callipers then i am lost (u sure u just bolted em on and never used sum sort ov mounting brackets or summit?)