PDA

View Full Version : The Great Northern Conspiracy?

CP
16-11-02, 09:38 PM
Well for those of you who are completely bored, today was the day me and MC elected (voluntarily :o ) to travel North to sample the delights of an Oulton Park track day.

Needless to say we left suitable trackday weather (that always occurs down Saarf) well behind as we travelled up at the crack of dawn to near one of the dangerous northern dens of iniquity - otherwise known as Chester lol!
Predictably the weather worsened as we journeyed (thru 2 time zones and a passport check ) leading us to conclude that it is indeed "Grim oop North" :lol:

First of all it was foggy as fook and then for good measure it fecking pissed it down which meant that the track looked more like a river than a road. A Northern conspiracy was suspected when on going out to get fuel (used about ?70 all day!!!!!!) at lunchtime I discovered that you only had to travel about 5 miles from the track to be on bone dry roads and sunshine -Bastid! :o
Anyway we were somewhat heartened to see that many of the muppets in their 'Blades, Wetfields, Tiggers and Cateringvans had forgotten to pack their hoods so they got thoroughly pisswet thru. :lol: :lol: Plus the slightest hint of throttle and they had more arse out action than a bus load of builders in a mooning competition. For some reason they were moaning about this. :? Unfortunately we were rather ashamed to find that they mainly whingeing Saarfern Nancies so they let the side down badly. Wotever, it serves them right - they should get proper cars and not drive around in modified go karts with bike engines in thinking they are hard.

Out on track the appalling weather was suiting us down to the ground and we had a great time pissing everyone off by being the fastest car and drivers with the biggest bollox (well so we thought anyway) Lol!

After lunch it dried a bit but was still fcuk slippy. We held our own tho with Mark notably matching a TVR Tuscan Challenge race car ( I kid you not) during his session. Ian foolishly paid good money to ride around with me and I rewarded him with an arse clenching moment as I lost it completely round the fastest corner resulting in a massive :crazyeye: ohmygodweregoingintothetyres slide which the car fortunately extricated itself from. Err brown stains anyone?

The day finished on a sobering note - some bloke lost it big stylee in his TVR. The back end broke away and he front ended into some armco, bounced off and then spun and front ended again into the pit wall close to where we were standing. They were OK thankfully but by the time the marshalls had cleaned it up in a " lets string this out so we can cancel further track time and pissoff home early" kinda way, that was that.

So anyway we had a really good fun day in the end. We were tested and not found wanting. There really wasn't anything that we couldn't match out there - Novas Rool :twisted: Predicatably as we drove home Saarf the rain stopped and the sun came out. Mark and I agreed that we would be needing a hot baths to get the Northern grime out of our pores, the modelling tarts that we are lmao! :lol:

PS We've discovered the truth behind Ians crash. Its an ages old scally trick - bump into the back of a beemer. When the geezer who owns it stops and gets out, you climb in and nick it! lol :lol: :lol: :lol: :rofl:

Fester
16-11-02, 10:37 PM
Sounds like a top day but...

Wotever, it serves them right - they should get proper cars and not drive around in modified go karts with bike engines in thinking they are hard.

is there some history here???

dave.gsi
17-11-02, 12:42 AM
lol, i drove back from uni for the weekend today (past the track) and the weather was fine by our double hard northen standards, must be these southern pansies lmao!!! :lol:

Ric 16v
17-11-02, 09:25 AM
Fester: that bottom pic on your post is well scabby :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fester
17-11-02, 02:46 PM
it's causing controvosy!

when you see it on another cruise site or something remember who spent hours searching for it!

anyway CP whats going on with the kit car lot?

locky
17-11-02, 02:57 PM
Seems that youve had yet ANOTHER top day out!!!!!
Just wondering, how do u come across, these days out?
The both of u must b lucky, or brown nosers :wink:

CP
17-11-02, 03:44 PM
Nothing really, Fester but they and their drivers are a bit of a cliche at the trackdays - they make me laff. There's so many of them and they generally seem to think they are the definitive word when it comes to track work. They tend to trailer them to the events and spend half the day farting about and posing with all the "right" gear as if they were some sort of serious racing outfit. They also are so blinkered and believe all the twaddle in the mags that they read. If you turn up in Nova you can tell they don't really rate you and your car cos all they know about is Elises, Porsches and Caterhams etc.
I wouldn't mind so much but by the time they do get out on track, a large proportion are setup like a bag of shite or have drivers that are complete pussies & haven't got a clue how to drive fast. From what I've seen of them you really have to know what you are doing otherwise they are a nightmare to setup and drive fast. Plus they aint cheap even if you build them yourself.

My point is that for probably less than a third the amount of money they spend, you can mod up something like a Nova and just turn up and enjoy yourself wotever its like. Plus there's a pretty good chance that you'll be faster than a lot of them anyway :lol:

Fester
17-11-02, 06:09 PM
:D

Jim
17-11-02, 11:15 PM
Sounds like a really good day out. If I had a second car and some extra cash I would love to do track days, unfortunatley, I can't risk it at the mo :(

Jim

ade
18-11-02, 01:16 PM
You want weather try Scotland. You'll need more than bollox to race up here!

:o

You'll need a ruddy pontoon to float the track on for starters. I swear its so wet at the moment its like the set for that sh1tty film with Kev Costner Waterworld

:(

Glum

Aragorn
18-11-02, 03:29 PM
must be the west coast of scotland thats shite

all weekend and today was nice and sunny

i finally managed to get 2 weeks of motorway grime washed off the car :D

:snipersm: <nuts
:wisewood: <freaky

some weird shit in that menu :multi: *sigh*

wisewood
18-11-02, 04:32 PM
lmfao @ you calling my head freaky - why is it freaky?
i think it's quite nice, i am quite attached to my head.

Track day sounded great.
shame about that bloke ripping his TVR to bits... and the TVR mark was racing with - i bet he was gutted.

Aragorn
18-11-02, 09:21 PM
the fact that your head is in the emoticons section along with some of those other nutter icons is freaky

not your ACTUAL face - the fact that its in that menu

:onfire:

MC
19-11-02, 04:39 PM
http://statik.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/

Have a gander at these pics. The turquoise Tuscan challenge car was on track at the same time as me. I slowly caught him, and he was blue flagged! He had to give in to the power of the Nova. CP's car truly rocks! I can seriously say that I didn't come accross another car on track that was quicker.

Fester
20-11-02, 01:25 AM
The Stig!