PDA

View Full Version : mk1/2 doors

Huffy
21-11-08, 05:38 PM
Hello just a quick one is there any diffrence in a mk1 and mk2 door for a 3 door hatch cheers :thumb:

Jack
21-11-08, 06:54 PM
Nope. I think there's very small differences on the very early Mk1 doors, but only something daft like the position of the door handle holes

twistysnovagte
21-11-08, 06:58 PM
while on the subject of fitting doors,is there a possibilty that the mk1 door ive took of one car will have any sort of problems when being fitted to my mk1???
possibility of the door not lining up or should i say the gap down the door sides not being the same width from top to bottom???

Jack
21-11-08, 07:03 PM
So long as you mount it straight it should be ok, but then vauxhall tolerances were never 100% from the factory so it may sit a little off.

Spudly
21-11-08, 07:04 PM
MK1 doors should always be the same but fitting a mk1 to a mk2 or vice versa you will run into a small prob with the check strap, mk2s are a punch pin fitment into a lug on the A pillar whereas the mk1s have the lug attached to the check strap which bolts onto the A pillar.

Thats right i think or its the other way around but those are the only problem causing differences i know of!

Andy
21-11-08, 07:06 PM
They are different,Mk1 has 2 bolts and the pins,Mk2 is different
EDIT-cheers Spud thats what i tried to put

Spudly
21-11-08, 07:07 PM
They are different,Mk1 has 2 bolts and the pins,Mk2 is different
EDIT-cheers Spud thats what i tried to put

I remembered that from those mk1 doors i tried to fit to my spin @ your old work, what a pain that was and didnt fit one of them in the end grrr lol

Jack
21-11-08, 07:08 PM
That wouldn't stop you fitting it though, just drill some holes and screw the check strap mount in OR use the ones from the appropriate car.

Spudly
21-11-08, 07:09 PM
No it wouldnt prevent fitting but its a snag most people wouldnt think of when they run into it, so forewarned is forearmed and all that lol