PDA

View Full Version : I'm ill

Dar
21-11-08, 05:12 PM
Anyone else got Flu? Mine is proper full blown man flu! I've had it for a week now and it's not going :( Although I am on my second bottle of night nurse :thumb:

The real pisser is that my wife and two kids have it as well. It's like the house of the living dead:eek:

Spudly
21-11-08, 05:18 PM
Ive been lucky so far and have skirted past the illness bit of it just feel a bit poo with snotty nose and sneezin, filling in for a valter at work and cleaning our pitch cars doesnt help but it be reet lol

Man flus a killer though, so keep warm and keep strong bud:thumb:

Dar
21-11-08, 05:24 PM
Thanks bud :thumb:
Be warned though this one sort of went for a bit and then came back with its mates! It's been attacking me in stages as well. Trying to break me, bring me down and crush me!

Ernie
21-11-08, 05:26 PM
You big girl lol.
I was going to pop round and say hello as aint seen you in ages mate.

I will do it in the next few weeks or so.

Get well soon butter cup...

Dar
21-11-08, 05:29 PM
Cool, I will need to be well enough to give the Jizz a test drive. However if you want a dose of this come and see me sooner and you can be a big girl too:p

Spudly
21-11-08, 05:30 PM
lol @ the Jizz comment, im guessing our pet name for them has stuck then...(our = me and a few lads used to work for honda)

Dar
21-11-08, 05:34 PM
lol Yup it's stuck, but it's funny because Ernie is usually in a big manly car. Then he goes and gets a ickle girlie car, so it has to have a name.

It's like whats happened to my dads daily drives. He's been driving around in My Monty which is 2.3 tons of pig iron (proper manly). Now he is driving a Ford KA, known as the mobility scooter :D

Ernie
21-11-08, 05:35 PM
You love my jizz lol.
As the factory anounced it is going down hill very fast at the mo im glad i have the jazz and not a crv.
I pay half of what there lease is each month and less than half what they use in fuel aswell.

Andy
21-11-08, 05:58 PM
I was ill a couple of weeks ago then my little girl got it,shes had a bad cough for about 2 weeks,shes only 10months old bless her

Dar
21-11-08, 06:11 PM
Aww it's horrible when the little'uns get ill.

Emmy
21-11-08, 06:16 PM
Aw thats not so good then, I hope you and the rest of your family feel better soon :)

twistysnovagte
21-11-08, 06:23 PM
ive just been ill with the man flu for best part of the week,continuous headaches,sneezing,hot and cold shivers,but i was kinda out of it most of the time taking my eld fellas back tabletslol just sniveling now and the odd sneaze,get well soonlol

Dar
21-11-08, 06:27 PM
Cool, I am hoping to shake this off before monday.

Emmy
21-11-08, 06:28 PM
I think its doing the rounds twistysnovagte, I know what its like once you have got it, it seems forever till it gets better, i had something similar myself a while back and thought it would never get better for ages but then I got up one morning and felt great! you will get there and you too Dar :p

Benn
21-11-08, 06:39 PM
I've only got a bad cold and bad throat but its pissing me off!

Jay
21-11-08, 06:40 PM
Man flu for the record!

Smurf-Xx
21-11-08, 06:43 PM
can women get the 'man flu' ?

Andy
21-11-08, 06:45 PM
Most certainly not!!!!

Emmy
21-11-08, 06:55 PM
lol Id like to know the difference between man flu and if girls have the flu :p

Spudly
21-11-08, 06:56 PM
man-flu is like childbirth, plus your worst ever hangover, plus that thing where youre starving but the thought of food makes you sick, then times that by ten and youre still miles off man-flu:thumb:

Emmy
21-11-08, 06:57 PM
Right that does sound awful then :p

mowgli
21-11-08, 06:58 PM
lol Id like to know the difference between man flu and if girls have the flu :p

yes, men only get ill once a year, & when they do it is bad....

wimmin get a day off for a broken nail, & actually know the name of the doctors receptionist, girl flu is the diet vimto of poorliness......

Emmy
21-11-08, 06:59 PM
Hah lol , not all girls are like that thanks :p ,if I brake a nail it doesnt bother me at all and Im only off work if I really need to be and Im not sure of the name of the receptionist either lol

Smurf-Xx
21-11-08, 07:12 PM
Hah lol , not all girls are like that thanks :p ,if I brake a nail it doesnt bother me at all and Im only off work if I really need to be and Im not sure of the name of the receptionist either lol

same! :thumb:

Emmy
21-11-08, 07:12 PM
Good on you as well then novagalrach :thumb:

Lee
21-11-08, 08:16 PM
Man flu is one stage worse than bird flu.

Im starting to get the symptoms of the nuclear flu that my mrs and her mum just had. The were proper bad with it.

This means im probably going to die!

Andy
21-11-08, 08:19 PM
My thoughts are with you Lee

Novaboi_1991
21-11-08, 08:36 PM
me got it tooo :( its pi$$ing me off!,

dhdev (Oli)
21-11-08, 08:57 PM
I'm drinking for the first time in 3weeks, two and a half of that were due to that damned flu, brought an ear infection with it as well, and i ain't never did have me one of those before! :eek:
Hope you get better soon Dar!

ade
21-11-08, 09:12 PM
Dar - there's help...

http://manflu.org.uk/

Go there - they help men!

They're great!

also - have sumpathies - this is the serious side of manflu

http://video.google.co.uk/videosearch?client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-GB:official&channel=s&hl=en&q=man+flu&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=X&oi=video_result_group&resnum=4&ct=title#

and for the women...
http://video.google.co.uk/videosearch?client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-GB:official&channel=s&hl=en&q=man+flu&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=X&oi=video_result_group&resnum=4&ct=title#

Andy
21-11-08, 09:20 PM
Our lass said i display those symptoms 90% of the time?

Dar
22-11-08, 09:50 AM
Woke up today and it's no better :(
I am taking comfort in knowing it's not just me. On Lemsip No:1 at the moment.

Ade - Thanks for the links, I made the wife watch the video. I looked for a bell so I could ring it to bring her running but couldn't find one. I have therefore told her to keep her mobile on her at all times, just in case I need something.

Me and the kids are now setting up the play room. We have plans that include DVD's and big soft cusions to rest on. We have the mobile phone for anything else we may require.

Dod
22-11-08, 12:17 PM
I R Ill as well. Both mentally and more recently physicially.

The reason I keep getting ill is my burst ear drum allows infection into my system earier than if it wasnt burst. So I've had the flu for 2 months now and this week an ear infection in the only ear that does work, so more or less rendering me totally deaf!!

But there are some Temp Solutions and they are as follows.

1) Lemsip mixed with Whiskey. Go to bed right away and allow for 12hrs of sleep. Awake, shower and Cured.
2) Tomatoe Soup and Baked Potatoe mashed up with Grated Cheese, Funking Ace.
3) Large volumes of Vodka, Lime and believe it or not, Ice. The Vodka will jelp to kill the infection in your blood stream, the Ice will make your body warm itself due to the cold content and the lime is kinda tastey.

ade
22-11-08, 01:35 PM
pmls - love option 3

I find the following works -

Good quality dark chocolate - melted with milk and a mahoosive shot of decent whisky!

Nice and soothing and sends you right to sleep!

Or just neck the whisky slightly warmed with honey!

Ernie
24-11-08, 12:02 PM
Man flu is one stage worse than bird flu.

Im starting to get the symptoms of the nuclear flu that my mrs and her mum just had. The were proper bad with it.

This means im probably going to die!

Shame. Can i have your t/b's then mate.
:thumb:

Spudly
24-11-08, 12:04 PM
^^^Shows you care man lol

Btw hows mr Dar doing now have you beaten off the illness yet bud?

Ernie
24-11-08, 12:08 PM
i will call him and ask for his aswell just incase.

Dar
24-11-08, 07:40 PM
I'm BACK! Managed to kick it sunday afternoon :thumb: Although I still have some remants of it lurking. I feel fine.

I would like to thank everyone for your help through what was a difficult time.

I love you all XXX

Lee
24-11-08, 07:46 PM
i feel like death :(

Dar
24-11-08, 07:49 PM
i feel like death :(
Awww poor iddle Lee wee poos. Wanna hug?

well go ask someone else, I'm not risking getting ill again:thumb:
Hope you feel better soon and get dosed up on lemsip max strength.

Lee
24-11-08, 08:00 PM
No chance, im working in a freezing cold warehouse all week. I cant afford to be sick :(

Spudly
24-11-08, 11:32 PM
Ill offer up a cuddle for ye lee, glad youre feelin fine now dar and get well soon lee:thumb: