PDA

View Full Version : Bill Oddie says the Daily Mail is "total toss

BIGS
21-11-08, 05:03 AM
I seen this on the news last month and made me chuckle abit. i think he had abit to drink. well hopefully you find it amusing aswell

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=DEmT0zzWALE

Jack
21-11-08, 09:15 AM
Most newspapers are total toss, in fact the only one I find to be even remotely newsworthy is the Financial Times!

Philsutton
21-11-08, 09:27 AM
The irony is that most news papers dont publish news, but made up stories and lies and its got to the point now where I just dont believe anything.

Also Bill Oddie = Legend

dj_wudgey
21-11-08, 12:15 PM
only paper that is entertaining is the daily sport i think lol

browndk04
22-11-08, 10:18 PM
Bill Oddie - What a legend!

mowgli
23-11-08, 10:21 AM
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=TJxGi8bizEg&feature=related

Bill Oddie is a comedy legend. here is EckyThump the lancashire martial arts.

mowgli
23-11-08, 10:26 AM
to call a newspaper total toss, he must have read it.....

Andy
23-11-08, 10:33 AM
They do make up rubbish,they are all as bad as each other.Take the current financial situation for example,i believe the media caused panic amongst people and made it out to be worse than what it is.And that ghey saying they use-"credit crunch" its a cunnting recession ffs!!

mowgli
23-11-08, 10:36 AM
They do make up rubbish,they are all as bad as each other.Take the current financial situation for example,i believe the media caused panic amongst people and made it out to be worse than what it is.And that ghey saying they use-"credit crunch" its a cunnting recession ffs!!

No, it was 4rsehole bankers, 4rsehole politicians & the general public who borrowed far more than they can ever repay that did it, the papers only reported.

the credit crunch thing was actually right, cos the credit was what dried up first...

Andy
23-11-08, 10:52 AM
I know what your saying but the papers made it worse,they dont only report,if david beckham farted during a game hed have sh1t himself in the papers.
People will borrow,because they cant afford things.The reason for this is because while the cost of living has gone up massively in recent years,wages have not gone up to compensate.Hence the reason people have to take out credit cards etc for christmas and get cars on finance.Yeah you will probably say that they shouldnt buy what they cant afford and i have to agree,but a lot of people feel like they graft hard and dont have fukk all to spend afterwards because of this country being damn expensive to live in.

mowgli
23-11-08, 02:42 PM
/\/\ I agree, & I am skint but I won't borrow big money to get things, I work in building & I have seen the crunch coming for about three years. it was only a matter of when not if it would happen....

Philsutton
23-11-08, 03:23 PM
/\/\ I agree, & I am skint but I won't borrow big money to get things, I work in building & I have seen the crunch coming for about three years. it was only a matter of when not if it would happen....

Anyone with any common sense saw what was coming, so Im glad that all the knob head bankers and tools that bought houses with buy to let in mind have lost their jobs / lots of money. Its ****ing clear what will happen when you build 67 billion flats and try to sell them as investments but yet again people cant help but jump aboard the band wagon.

All I say is bring on cheap house prices so that people can own an live in their own house (which is what they are for) instead of a small percentage trying to buy everything and rent it out.

mowgli
23-11-08, 04:10 PM
be prepared for the house price drop off. it will kick in massively in the new year.

Andy
23-11-08, 04:30 PM
Yes but while houses arent selling rent is going up on most houses,because landlords are cashing in on the fact that people cant get mortgages.So they know they have no other option but to rent.

Philsutton
23-11-08, 04:45 PM
Apparently rent is going down as well as the people that cant sell are trying to rent out instead. Basically the market is saturated.