PDA

View Full Version : Any Ideas?

Paul
15-11-02, 10:05 PM
I have a few options, it might not sound like a lot to you, but im like a sieve with money. I have about ?100, and i have a few ideas o what to spend it. My car is pretty standard on the outside (by pretty standard i mean totally standard), in vaux red. It is a mark1 SRWhat do you think I should get:

-Rage Backbox
-Abyss Sideskirts
-Mk1 Grill and Mondeo Estate Spoiler
-Face-lift front end

Or any other ideas please let me know! As it is my first car, i would appreciate some ideas from you guys. Cheers

wizz kid
15-11-02, 11:28 PM
if you intend to do more then go for the spoiler if not the facelift

?Marty?
16-11-02, 12:46 AM
lowering springs.

Paul
16-11-02, 09:40 AM
I was thinking about lowering springs, but i am undecided to get 17's or 15's when i can afford it, so i would kno whether to lower it 60mm or just 30mm. I'm not going to lower it at all at the moment though.

Ric 16v
16-11-02, 01:45 PM
drop it 60mm, get a facelift front end, deffinatley get 17's, etc u can only get what u can afford though !!!!!!!!

Paul
16-11-02, 06:08 PM
one simple question, how much would the archwork be to get 17's on when its lowered 60mm all round? Any ideas/ any one had it done? i have 5people in my car sometimes.

?Marty?
16-11-02, 06:12 PM
Yes, drop it -60mm AND fit 17's.

It depends on how long you think it would take before you have any more dough to spend on the car.

I wouldn't go with the exhaust, as the sound will attract attention, but when the rest of the car's standard, that's not such a good idea. You'll just be though of as a boyracing ned.

The side-skirtswould look out of place without at least a deep front valance/bumper.

The same goes for the mondeo spoiler.

So, from your list i'd go for a face-lift front. However, for ?100 you'll be struggling to get one (two front wings, headlights, grille, bumper?, and painting!).

If it was me? I'd get clear front indicators, side-repeaters, and clear rear lights. It'd tidy it all up, while being subtle and not in yer face. But still not unnoticable. Try to get some of these second-hand?

And then i'd get a can of spray paint, and do a little bit of colour-coding inside and out. But don't over-do it, it'll just look tacky.

Next? - lower it. single wiper. THEN wheels.

Less is more.

Paul
16-11-02, 06:13 PM
one simple question, how much would the archwork be to get 17's on when its lowered 60mm all round? Any ideas/ any one had it done? i have 5people in my car sometimes.

?Marty?
16-11-02, 06:18 PM
Well, i'll tell you now, you WILL NOT have 5 people in the car with 17's. Asp on a Mk1.

Rear arches will need cutting - from ?40 for both sides, up to ?180!
Front wings - cut, from ?40.
- rolled/flared, approx ?60 per side. (though have a look at Ade's post for a cowboy's way of doing it - some bodyshops will do that, or with a hammer/plank of wood for ?30)

Of course the width of the wheel, and offset will be vital.

Paul
17-11-02, 06:03 PM
I've done indicators, front and sprayed the rear lights already. My mates just had his car lowered yestaday on 15's -60mm all round, it looks the bollox. He had no arch work done and it doesn't rub at all. Do you think (i dont usually get a lot of money) i would be better going for 15's and -60mm or 17's and not lowering much, if any? I've been thinking about this for ages and don't know what to do.

Anton
17-11-02, 06:48 PM
you need to lower the car, especially with 17's otherwise it will look like a 4x4. I'd go for 15's and a 60mm drop, makes the car look very low (what I have). Then when you have saved up a bit more, done a few other mods, go for bigger wheels. But bigger wheels don't always look best, the car will still look quite high even with a fairly big drop.

Fester
17-11-02, 07:25 PM
sack it mate leave it mk1, get a backbox (not peco) Ashley could be an option, some oval clear/smoked side repeaters and some clear front indicators and spend the rest on cleaning/polishing stuff to make it shine :)

MattyWoo
17-11-02, 07:39 PM
Definately don't get a peco, i brought one cos they are cheap, i ent even got a license (so im not driving the car a lot) but its rubbish, stupid loud pooey thing stuck to the back of my car !!!!

Anton
17-11-02, 07:41 PM
i have a peco :oops: soon 2 b powerflow custom job though :lol:

Paul
17-11-02, 09:40 PM
Rite, when i can afford it, this is what i plan to do: 15's dropped 60mm, Abyss sideskirts and spoiler, Fusion front and rear bumper, how do you people think this will look? I'm not getting a peco back box coz my mates got one on his fiesta and its shite. I will get a 4" sportex one. I'll do all the fitting and spraying myself. What do you all think? Any other advice, or comments, or do you think this will look okay?

Phil GTE
18-11-02, 04:38 PM
get an alarm 1st. i know its boring, but whats the point in spending cash just so sum1 can nick your whole car for parts?

Paul
19-11-02, 09:25 PM
Already got an alarm.Got my ICE sorted already, so that was first on the list. Speaking about ICE, i have a 1000watt DVC Alpine 1221D sub, runs at 2 ohms per voice coil. The mdf box has got two terminals and ive got a 1000watt 4-channel amp, would it be best to use the amp to power the sub alone, or use it to power my 6x9's aswell. They are 360watt ones at 4 ohm each. Could i run a 2ohm sub of the first 2 channels and sum 4ohm 6x9s off the other channels or wouldn't it work? I know this is styling, but ive been wondering about this for ages?