PDA

View Full Version : read this and spread the word

RJM25R
20-11-08, 10:44 PM
http://www.toyotagtturbo.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28890&page=1

Unbelievable thread, be careful out there guys!

Benn
20-11-08, 10:48 PM
Only on page 2 but.

If i test drove acar that pulled to one side i wouldnt buy it.

Hang on read post 84.

well to be onest its not sorted
has si have a look at it and its a death trap
back brakes dont work
gearbox leakting badly
lsd is acting up and throwing you off the road
back wheels are so low its grinding in the arches is you even breath
under the uk spek wing thers crash dmg
massive crack in screen
baffle in back boc not atached
4 illegal tred tyers
no horn

He bought it like that? Is it a total fool? Its a bag of crap.

dj_wudgey
20-11-08, 10:55 PM
must be some muppet he's taken it for a test and bought it like that any way!!

mowgli
20-11-08, 11:12 PM
person buys crap car, person thinks the world owes them a favour........how often have we heard that one.........

my sister in law bought a 205 for £400 (that had 12months mot from a fastfit garage) and it was awful... the seller told her to sod off, as it was bought as seen, even though it had no receipt. in her home town, there is a big VOSA truck mot station, so she drove it down there & asked for someone to look at the car.....

outcome: the VOSA man went to the fastfit & told them that if the car didn't get put into full legal mot'd spec within the week, they'd lose their mot licence. her car was welded, had new tyres & brakes, & everything adjusted.

Fridge
20-11-08, 11:16 PM
He did make a mistake buying it but he does sound a bit wet behind the ears, so you can't help but feel sorry for him. Sound like he's not brought many cars and he's been wanting one of these for ages so he probably looked at it through rose tinted glasses (or ones covered in ****).
And he brought it from an established member so when he was told it was just the tracking he probably thought it must be!

~~joycey~~
21-11-08, 04:06 AM
Who cares anyway those cars are fooking sh!t i hate them! :mad:

RJM25R
21-11-08, 08:25 AM
Who cares anyway those cars are fooking sh!t i hate them! :mad:

You'd care if he lived near you and crashed into you or your loved ones due to the car being on the road when it isn't roadworthy.

RJM25R
21-11-08, 08:28 AM
person buys crap car, person thinks the world owes them a favour........how often have we heard that one.........

Have you read the thread? The guy acknowledges that he doesn't know a lot about cars, thats why he went to a forum member expecting to be wet-nursed and looked after.

I've only posted it because at leats 2 members on here have had starlet turbo's and I'm sure a few have considered them.

Also, did you read about the MOT?

Jack
21-11-08, 09:42 AM
I quite lake starbos :D

Does sound like he's just gone out and bought the first one he's looked at though.

Dod
21-11-08, 10:45 AM
Well no offence to Mattwho, but he bought the car, he's not stupid and could easily have looked round it. In fairness, if its not in decent order to pass an MOT, then that needs to be diagnosed, but as for ranting on about "A car I bought that thurned out to be ****", well who can he blame but himself?

L14MNP
21-11-08, 11:50 AM
Shame. Cool little cars, but if the bloke can't see bald tyres, dodgy headlights, creased bodywork etc. then he (almost) deserves what he gets. What's the bet that Starlet has some connection to the Keighly (sp) Car Centre too!

craig green
21-11-08, 01:04 PM
With spelling that bad, I wont even be opening the thread.

L14MNP
21-11-08, 01:17 PM
lol No-one on that board seems able to spell! I fully agree that Bradford has a very bad rep for selling bent JDM stuff too!

Why is it that in threads like this one the clueless OP never takes the advice of others that have gone out of their way to source links/info etc? It infuriates me, I'm on page 16 now and the OP is a muppet. Not pursuing any legal avenues etc. A part of me hopes he gets stuck with this shed of a car, if he is too stupid and idiotic to sort this out.
As for crying about putting his 5 y/o daughter in it and saying it's his only car I don't really feel for him there either. Roadworthy decent cars can be had for a few quid now, he should take a compotent person with him to check it over if he's that desperate. Maybe he just wants to be JDM y0 :roll:

kc_08
21-11-08, 01:20 PM
feel sorry for him, but jesus, he was unsure of what the topmounts was lol, he brought a proper dodgey car, i think there ok, can get good power out of there small turbo engines. like somene has said, hes wanted it for ages, and saw it, fell in love with it, drove it and fort i can get these little things fixed

Dod
21-11-08, 01:23 PM
I have to laugh as well, reading the whole thread whatever happened to innocent until proven guilty? Threads like that are pointless. Its basicially a WIP of how big a tool I am, get over it. Speak to admin and the people responsible instead of broadcasting your idiocy. (sp)

Jack
21-11-08, 01:26 PM
fort
http://www.english-heritage.org.uk/upload/img_400/se_fort_brockhurst_01.jpg

:wtf:

Fridge
21-11-08, 03:04 PM
We're all a little uperty about our spelling arn't we peeps?

Spudly
21-11-08, 03:20 PM
he brought a proper dodgey car

He didnt bring it...

He bought it!

matthew172
21-11-08, 04:50 PM
most of the things listed are the things u would normally check when buying a car, wtf did he do, buy it with his fecking eyes closed?

Spudly
21-11-08, 04:56 PM
wtf did he do, buy it with his fecking eyes closed?

I was thinking more along the lines of he bought it, in the rain, in a pub carpark at night, blind drunk more like!

Benn
21-11-08, 06:31 PM
http://www.english-heritage.org.uk/upload/img_400/se_fort_brockhurst_01.jpg

:wtf:

hahahahahahaha i have tears in my eyes,

muzzy
21-11-08, 07:34 PM
the seller and his mot tester mate had pretty poor stories to try and cover it all up but the buyer surely would have noticed some of the faults if they were as bad as it was made out, the car sounded like a total deathtrap and you dont need to know about cars to notice some of the problems it had.