PDA

View Full Version : this is what I'v decided to do

Ric 16v
15-11-02, 02:10 PM
over the winter I'm saving up loads of money for my car and have decided to do this to it: 17" dare rls alloys, smoothed tailgate, rear numberplate recess (which I'm doing), 2 new doors de-locked and sprayed (which I'v stripped), tinted windows and a possible re-spray and thats it, but the thing is I'm wanting to change the colour something like yellow :o or just the standard carmine red, my brothers mate has a 2.0 16v nova and is sprayed seat ibiza kiwi green which is realy smart and realy stands out and I'm looking to do something similar but just not sure so opinions are welcome, if u know which colours are feh smart let me know cheers :D

wisewood
15-11-02, 02:21 PM
how about the lime green they use on smart cars?
certainly stands out - not usre exactly what the colour is called though.

Chris LR
15-11-02, 02:25 PM
I have three colours to suggest.

MG bright Yellow
MG metalic Blue
MG metalic Snot Green

It looks good on MG's, but I don't know how good it would be on a Nova.

Ric 16v
15-11-02, 02:27 PM
I asked my brotheres mate if I could copy the colour of his car and he said NO and if I got a colour that looked the same it would cheese him off so I don't think Ill bother with green, but I do like the colour of that orange nova in the gallery hhhhhmmmmm Ill think about it !!!!

Anton
15-11-02, 04:55 PM
there is a well nice colour that fiat do, we have a car with it on where i work. It kinda flips from a yellowy colour to an orange, the cars standard so it must be a standard colour.

?Marty?
15-11-02, 06:18 PM
Re-trim the whole car in leather. Inside and out. :lol:

wisewood
15-11-02, 07:26 PM
Re-trim the whole car in leather. Inside and out. :lol:

you remember yesterday i said you were making sense - i take it back :D

Chris LR
15-11-02, 09:32 PM
Green/Black Camoflauge stripes
Zebra stripes
Every panel different a.k.a Golf Mk3

Paul
15-11-02, 09:55 PM
Viper blue looks the bollox. Mind you a lot of people have it in that colour. How about the colour of the car at www.kingdom-developments.com if u can take the abuse, but its a nice colour and will stand out.

wizz kid
15-11-02, 11:32 PM
id go for matt black it may not stand out as much but when you get up close it is well nice or primer grey it will stand out

?Marty?
16-11-02, 12:48 AM
Go for a pastel colour. You know it makes sense.

Oh and, kids, don't do wizz!

Ric 16v
16-11-02, 01:51 PM
well I'v decided to be boring and keep the original carmine red colour coz if I was to change the colour the whole car would have to be stripped which would cost loads, but I'm still sticking with the body mods

?Marty?
16-11-02, 06:03 PM
A way round that would be either adding metal flakes into the paint mix or going two tone. You'd have to find a colour that would look good with the red, and use it on the lower half of the car.

I'd go with metalflake, that way it'd still look different/good, and stand out from all the other carmine reds.

wizz kid
16-11-02, 08:07 PM
you say im mad this is coming from the man who came up with puting bacofoil in his lights

?Marty?
17-11-02, 03:04 AM
:lol:

Oh, and i'm not man. I'm merely a 'thing'.