PDA

View Full Version : Tinted Windows

novalicous
19-11-08, 08:42 PM
Ive been thinking about tinting the rear three windows in a medium smoke what do you guys (and girls) think?

http://i488.photobucket.com/albums/rr249/cheesyboi_2008/P9180799.jpg

Cheers Craig :D

Southie
19-11-08, 08:44 PM
Nah don't bother IMHO, looks tacky.

Count Vaux Alot
19-11-08, 08:57 PM
/\ same i like it as it is!

matt_vaughan
19-11-08, 09:34 PM
its a tidy car mate, dont spoil it with tints.

marc novataken
19-11-08, 10:15 PM
well if u do decide to go for tints i got rear 3 windows in limo tint. know its darker than what youre after though. pm me if youre interested.

let_nova
19-11-08, 10:41 PM
you will regret it. am not going to make an oppinion on something if i havent had it done. soon as i picked my car up after getting the windows don i regretted it.

Asa-James
19-11-08, 11:25 PM
tints are for ugly people.

but to each their own

Lynsey
19-11-08, 11:36 PM
I hated going to normal windows after tinted ones, I felt like I was in a fish bowl as I'd been so used to having my on, private lil' area.

I'd never get them done again though, it's all a bit '03.

Plus I've matured nicely so don't need to hide behind the tints anymore lol only kidding, I just like to offend people in any way I can and if that means showing off my ugly mug, I'll do it ;)

Pistol Pete
20-11-08, 12:46 AM
I had tints on my first Nova, and hated it. Just another thing to attract the attention from the police IMO.

Nova_Tek
20-11-08, 12:02 PM
Im gonna tint my windows light smoke which is the lightnest black tint. But Im gonna do all windows (obviously not the front windscreen lol) Reason is coz my windows arent tinted at all. It actually get brighter when you put the window up lol In summer its a right pain as it does become a green house very quickly.

Legally you can tint the rear 3 windows but the front lot anything infront of the B pilar you cant. I personally wouldnt tint the rear 3 only as it looks a bit van-ish.

Your windows are probably lightly tinted green anyway fella + your car looks nice as it is.

Up to you though

craig green
20-11-08, 12:04 PM
I think tints look crap, though the factory tint on GTE's & GSi's is nice, when parked in the shade they almost look limo anyway.

OE tints FTW!

Nova_Tek
20-11-08, 12:08 PM
OE tints FTW!

Agree OE green tints look good.

But what if, like mine, your glass is 0% tint? Then its Light smoke tints FTW :p

L14MNP
20-11-08, 12:47 PM
Gay.

L33 LEG
20-11-08, 01:33 PM
it all depends on the car imo. the car has to be black and on something like my bm i think they look spot on, id never put them on a nova tho. i also think interiors are so much nicer when the windows are tinted, they look a lot darker obviously and feel better, and im one of those drivers who hates bright lights, especially when theyre behind you, having a rear tint will help this :)

ps. its your car. if you want to tint the windows, do it Lol.

L14MNP
20-11-08, 01:38 PM
The thing that sucks is when people have loads of different shades, I'm not 100% up on the tinting laws but IIRC the fronts have to let 75-85% light through, so it means to have matching all round you can only have light smoke, which in 90% of cases is pointless IMO. Agreed on black on black though.
The ironic thing is, back in the day when my mates were getting done for illegal tints on the front two windows the Merc E Class traffic cars the police were using didn't pass with the factory blue tint one traffic copper told me! lol

L33 LEG
20-11-08, 01:40 PM
since jan 2005 you arnt allowed to have any tint before the b pillar. except if it was a factory option :)

L14MNP
20-11-08, 01:43 PM
There's weak. Then again, we aren't exactly a warm climate so don't 'need' them. They certainly do hinder visibility when dark, I'm showing my age now lol

Jack
20-11-08, 04:16 PM
since jan 2005 you arnt allowed to have any tint before the b pillar. except if it was a factory option
Incorrect:

The limits are:
Motor Vehicles first used before 1 April 1985:
The windscreen and front side windows must allow at least 70% of
light to be transmitted through them.
Motor Vehicles first used on or after 1 April 1985:
The light transmitted through the windscreen must be at least 75%.
The front side windows must allow at least 70% of light to be
transmitted through them
Which windows in the vehicle does this apply to?
The windscreen and the front side windows to either side of the
drivers’ head
...that covers both aftermarket and factory tints. Thats from a VOSA document, dated June 2008 by the way.

Anyway, half tint is gay - if you're going to do it, do them all but in a very very very light tint. Bear in mind even plain untinted glass restricts light throughput to a small degree.

Andy
20-11-08, 04:22 PM
Pointless waste of money imo

Southie
20-11-08, 04:24 PM
Incorrect:

June 3008

lol

Why would you want tinted windows that black unless you have something to hide.

Shaun_O'Donnell
20-11-08, 04:30 PM
I have been considering getting all the rears of my ovlov darkened, just to reduce in-car temps and sunlight getting in to make the little one in the back more comfortable. Other than that wouldn't bother.

Jack
20-11-08, 04:34 PM
lol
FPMSL, did I forget to mention I put a flux capacitor on the Nova? lol

marc novataken
20-11-08, 04:53 PM
I have been considering getting all the rears of my ovlov darkened, just to reduce in-car temps and sunlight getting in to make the little one in the back more comfortable. Other than that wouldn't bother.
thats part of the reason i got mine tinted. saves the baby getting sun in her eyes and hides my install!!
had limo at back and dark smoke at front on white car i thought it looked good!

Nova_Tek
20-11-08, 09:26 PM
Tints done tastefully and properly look nice. Then theres crazy tints that just look tacky and chavved up; either they dont match, the owner done it without actually thinking about what suits his/her car or it was fitted by a muppet and looks bodged.

I say this is good excuse for some picwhoring of tinted Nova's if any.

Jack
20-11-08, 09:59 PM
There's a saxo which visits the pikeys next door and has that crap half mirror tint - wonky lol

Nova_Tek
20-11-08, 10:02 PM
Totally hate that crap half cloud tint / fade tint they stick on. what possesses people to do that shizzay?

They stand back take a look at their cars and say 'damn that looks smart'.