PDA

View Full Version : Will i regret it?

white2lSR
18-11-08, 05:04 PM
Im selling the nova so i can buy an impreza wrx wagon. The question is, will i regret it?

Spudly
18-11-08, 05:06 PM
Yes you know you will as you probably are already hence posting this lol

I sold mine last year but have another one now, theyre addictive lil buggers and you will want another one when its gone!

Sloth
18-11-08, 05:07 PM
do not dell the sr! esp for a scooby! theyre pants man!

craig green
18-11-08, 05:09 PM
Good cars & I'm not saying a Nova is better, but we all know Nova's have some strange appeal that makes people come back for more.

Impreza wagon makes a good car for mountain bikers & such though.

[edit] Just noticed who started the thread, man you is crazy!

Adam
do not dell the sr! esp for a scooby! theyre pants man!
How do you work that out then ? :confused: lol

White2lsr-Save up a bit more and get a STi Type RA saloon

turbojolt
if you are getting a scooby estate with the intentions of ragging it around or tuning make sure you spend more money on it the 1500 quid for one with 130k on the clocks i know its tempting but it just going to bite you in the bum hole if you do

krobinson
18-11-08, 05:10 PM
Why anyone would want a scooby over a sorted SR 16 Nova is beyond me.

Catch a grip man.

There are tens of thousands of Scoobys to choose from. If you sell the Nova you'll have a hard job replacing it.

turbojolt
18-11-08, 05:11 PM
Why anyone would want a scooby over a sorted SR 16 Nova is beond me.

Catch a grip man

he will be catching grip with 4wd insteed of front wheel drive lol

krobinson
18-11-08, 05:13 PM
he will be catching grip with 4wd insteed of front wheel drive lol

Until his chocolate pistons melt, and he drive's around and notices how every other car on the road is a Scooby, and he realises what he used to own was a rare, sought after, cool car.

turbojolt
18-11-08, 05:14 PM
Until his chocolate pistons melt, and he drive's around and notices how every other car on the road is a Scooby, and he realises what he used to own was a rare, sought after, cool car.

that is a justified point you make but imo good scooby estates are as rare as novas now

Riggy
18-11-08, 05:15 PM
lol or gets owned by the new owner of said car lol

Adam
18-11-08, 05:16 PM
Lol/\, quite a common comment about the pistons, only really when people start changing boost pressures etc. Its not like let's dont have there problems either....... :)

Hence why i said get a sti type RA, forged blue printed forged engine etc.
Proper 4wd, adjustable diff control, lightened body shell

Id have one over a nova all day long.

MyNovaSr
18-11-08, 05:17 PM
I must say KEEP THEN NOVA.

Like others I sold my last one only to buy this one a year later. It's really hard to find a good one that you like for the money you have, I got lucky, well kinda lol .

So keep it and make it faster that the scoobys, maybe on day you'll meet the 130k scooby and open a can of whoop ass.

Not that im "pro" speeding :roll:

Riggy
18-11-08, 05:18 PM
lol my mate sold a nova turbo to buy a type RA , was a very fast nice car for the 2 weeks that the engine stayed in one piece lol

£800 for another lump he payed and fitted it himself , was fine after that though lol

General Baxter
18-11-08, 05:19 PM
Id have one over a nova all day long.

lol you moan about filling the nova up lol

Spudly
18-11-08, 05:19 PM
Until he drive's around and notices how every other car on the road is a Scooby, and he realises what he used to own was a rare, sought after, cool car.

Ill definately agree with you on that one keith, but wtf has turbojolt been sniffing?

Subaru....

Rare???

Theyre about as rare as a clitoris, every c***s got one!

turbojolt
18-11-08, 05:22 PM
Ill definately agree with you on that one keith, but wtf has turbojolt been sniffing?

Subaru....

Rare???

Theyre about as rare as a clitoris, every c***s got one!

i sayed a GOOD scooby ESTATE

edens-xe
18-11-08, 05:22 PM
one thing i would say is

nova ftw
scooby ftl
there pants end of:thumb:

Sloth
18-11-08, 05:28 PM
ahhh someone talks sense! my mates ra ate 3 ra engines 2 boxes and a rear diff. paid 5 large forit, was a "good" one. sold it for 1200 with a misfire and a whining box. notb the only one ive heard of either. imo there is no such thing as a good scooby, there all thrashed and fudged. buy a legacy 2.5 twin turbo. rarer and cheaper, and bought by rich farmers so fully serviced and specced up! estates are bigger too!

Adam
18-11-08, 05:29 PM
lol you moan about filling the nova up lol
No i dont :wtf:

As expected, one sided opinions on here then lol lol

turbojolt
18-11-08, 05:32 PM
No i dont :wtf:

As expected, one sided opinions on here then lol lol

suppose you have to expect it don't you mate being on a nova forum and all lol

Ste L
18-11-08, 05:34 PM
having owned a nova 16v, and regulary drove a scoob in anger - gimme the scoob any day...

Adam
18-11-08, 05:35 PM
suppose you have to expect it don't you mate being on a nova forum and all lol
You do.
On the other side of the coin, ask most scooby drivers what they think of novas.... :D

turbojolt
18-11-08, 05:38 PM
You do.
On the other side of the coin, ask most scooby drivers what they think of novas.... :D

mate just ask anyone what they think on nova drivers and its not going to be a good review lol

white2lSR
18-11-08, 05:40 PM
I understand where people are coming from. Ive just fallen out with the nova. Ive wanted a very early wrx wagon for years and it seems a practical option as i strugle getting my 3 month old daughter and all her gear in the nova when need be.

white2lSR
18-11-08, 05:40 PM
Also, someone has offered me £2500 for the nova

turbojolt
18-11-08, 05:42 PM

take up the offer and do it sounds like you have hit the time when its time to grow up and move away from hatchbacks but at less you will still have a fast car to play with

edit..

also i know its easy to make a nova faster then a scooby blar blar but its not easyer to make a nova into a practical car then a estate scooby isit

Adam
18-11-08, 05:45 PM
I understand where people are coming from. Ive just fallen out with the nova. Ive wanted a very early wrx wagon for years and it seems a practical option as i strugle getting my 3 month old daughter and all her gear in the nova when need be.
Seems like a very wise choice. That way you still have a quick motor, which is a lot safer than a nova.

white2lSR
18-11-08, 05:47 PM
only thing is the insurance, which is a killer at £700 :eek:

turbojolt
18-11-08, 05:48 PM
Seems like a very wise choice. That way you still have a quick motor, which is a lot safer than a nova.

and what is more important at the end of the day you nova or you child's safety

omg 700 whole pounds for insurance have youever been 17to 20 on your own insurance lol

white2lSR
18-11-08, 05:49 PM
It is only once or twice a week when the wife has the bmw at work. The nova is a 2nd car.

turbojolt
18-11-08, 05:50 PM
then make it a 3rd car lol

white2lSR
18-11-08, 05:54 PM
i did think about that. The wife said no :mad:

turbojolt
18-11-08, 05:55 PM
dam her lol

my uncle has around 9 cars on his drive and around he house he knows how to controll his women lol

Ernie
18-11-08, 05:56 PM
tell her to get a bmw estate. that way if you need a bigger car it's there and you get to keep the nova.

Adam
18-11-08, 05:56 PM
only thing is the insurance, which is a killer at £700 :eek:
I paid twice that on a nova spi lol lol

white2lSR
18-11-08, 05:58 PM
I paid twice that on a nova spi lol lol

:eek:

turbojolt
18-11-08, 06:01 PM
the bee all and end all mate is you will probably regret it down the line but as a father you should take you child's safety first every time mate

even if you do end up laying gilt trips on them later in life for making them sell the lotus elise 2t2 (my father)

Spudly
18-11-08, 06:45 PM
i sayed a GOOD scooby ESTATE

I know i can read, and i can spell aswell!

Be it a saloon or wagon/tourer/estate whatever you wish to call it, there are shed loads of them and theyre all still subaru`s which is why i said subaru`s are like clitoris`!

Pistol Pete
19-11-08, 12:49 AM
You've been offered £2500 for it. Take the money and run IMO. Is an offer like that going to come along again any time soon? No probably not. I too am looking at scoobies at the mo. Its the same with most cars. We all know someone who has a bad experience with one therefore they are all crap :roll:

Look about choose wisely and you'll be fine. Yeah they maybe ten to a penny but maybe because there are good, fun cars??!!

Southie
19-11-08, 07:59 AM
I think you should keep the nova and if you have any spare cash buy a subaru legacy estate. They have a better engine as its a quad cam. If you do blow the subaru "then sell the nova" to fund the subaru lol

xe Dan
19-11-08, 08:43 AM
bin there had a wrx impreza and back here with a nova as novas rule

ade
19-11-08, 08:54 AM
personally - although it hurts to say it - I'd bin the Nova take the cash and get another car. Perhaps not a scooby but summut thats roomy and SAFE!

As mentioned with a young child and loads of the kids kit a Nova's not exactly practicle - of safe for that matter.

If I was you and were not allowed to keep the nova (man you and me should meet up just to compare the bald patches caused by thumb prints on our heads!) then change it.

HOWEVER you could sorn it off the road and use it as a summer runner...wont cost you anything whilst sorn'd...its whether you can turn down £2500...

bmw156
19-11-08, 09:13 AM
is it me or do scooby estates look horrible, i think you should take the 2500 and buy a normal scooby

MyNovaSr
19-11-08, 10:11 AM
mate just ask anyone what they think on nova drivers and its not going to be a good review lol

A scooby driver came to buy my jeep the other day. Said to me "I bet its a 1.2" so I agreed. He thought that his 1.4 (or whatever it was) punto was faster.

Never caught me up and i havn't seen him since.

He didnt buy the jeep either :wtf:

Also a scooby driver followed me home yesterday, in about a mile I heard the blow off valve about 100000 times, whats he tring to prove :p :tosser: ? I was doing exactly 30 in a 30 haha

Shaun_O'Donnell
19-11-08, 10:16 AM
After reading all the comments and views, how about:

Sell the Nova,
Buy a Wagon Sport instead of a turbo,
Keep money aside for when the Nova addiction kicks back in and don't let the wife know about it.

twistysnovagte
19-11-08, 11:29 AM
id say keep the nova(as your toy)sell the bmw,and use the money from that to buy a decent estate car.

Shaun_O'Donnell
19-11-08, 11:36 AM
id say keep the nova(as your toy)sell the bmw,and use the money from that to buy a decent estate car.

Would have to buy 2 cars from the sale of the BMW.

Welsh Dan
19-11-08, 11:58 AM
Mondeo ST24 (http://search.autotrader.co.uk/es-uk/www/cars/FORD+MONDEO/Ne-2-4-5-6-7-8-27-44-49-53-61-64-67-103-133-146-236,N-14-29-240-4294967084-4294967194/advert.action?R=200844322220750&distance=30&postcode=CA3+8QG&channel=CARS&make=FORD&model=MONDEO&min_pr=500&max_pr=3000&max_mileage=) or a similar Cavvy would take my vote, pocketing the £1500 difference for a rainy day/another nova etc...

dj_wudgey
19-11-08, 02:49 PM
Why anyone would want a scooby over a sorted SR 16 Nova is beyond me.

Catch a grip man.

There are tens of thousands of Scoobys to choose from. If you sell the Nova you'll have a hard job replacing it.

exactly id rather have a 1300sr than a scooby! f*ck it id rather have my nova sr over anything me shes my baby!!!

dj_wudgey
19-11-08, 02:51 PM
bin there had a wrx impreza and back here with a nova as novas rule

bang on mate they do rule ive driven all sorts being a mechanic and i love driving my nova the most!!!:thumb:

yea my sr is the car that puts the biggest smile on my face!!!

Sturge
19-11-08, 07:54 PM
Here's a rare thing on here, an objective point of view....

I've owned several Novas, have one just now, and owned an Impreza.

Ignore the horror stories about the Scoob's, it's bull. They do have problems but usually when they're ragged on the wrong fuel. (the ecu can't fully adjust to British RON levels). But at the end of the day, what engines with nigh on 150 bhp/L don't need to be treated well?
The very early ones did have soft pistons, then they made them too hard and there was a bit of piston slap. A well looked after one will be sorted by now though and if you look after it properly it shouldn't be a problem. Do your research, get one with as much history as you can and enjoy.

I'd have the Scoob over the Nova any day of the week and fully intend to get another one. Sure I'd have both in an ideal world, but I miss the Impreza a lot more than I've ever missed the Novas

white2lSR
19-11-08, 07:57 PM
im after an early WRX wagon as i love their shape. Dont know much about them mechanically but im a mechanic so maintaining one doesnt bother me!

What do they go like? im worried i would be dissapointed with one after having a 2L nova

Lee H
19-11-08, 08:04 PM

I'd rip their arm off for that.

Sturge
19-11-08, 08:06 PM
If you can stretch to an STI then do, well worth it. Haynes do a book on the Turbo, Halfrauds sell it, worth a read, and got a lot of useful info on chassis/engine numbers.

They only weigh around 1200kg and if you get a 280bhp STI you're looking at 0-60 in less than 5 secs and once derestricted a top whack of around 160. Mid range and overtaking grunt is immense. Not as raw as a valver but then that's not what they're about, still feel fast though and huge fun

white2lSR
19-11-08, 08:14 PM
Dont want to pay the extra insurance on an STi with it jst being a 2nd car. Would my nova valver be quicker than a WRX????
I have driven one, but it was totally different in the way it drove so its hard to tell??!!

Sturge
19-11-08, 08:33 PM
Just had a quick look, Wagon has less power for some reason, 93-96, 220 brake, 206lb ft, 171 brake per tonne

Biggest difference you'll notice over the nova is the torque. Never driven a 220 brake version and I don't know what the differences are but the 94-96 saloon is 260 brake so that should be easily unleashed and they're very capable with that power. Weight is 1280kg on the wrx wagon btw

Sturge
19-11-08, 08:35 PM
Wont be massively quicker than the nova but will have the edge (even with a pram and the weeks shopping in the back)

PE4
19-11-08, 08:55 PM
Its a tough choice that one. I had a WRX and it was fun, but very thirsty fun, especially when giving it some. Round a track my mate in his valver was all over me and didn't need to fill up before going home, but I was alot safer, more comfortable, less noisey, enjoying 4WD etc etc.....

However......I am back with a nova as my second car......if you do sell you will prob find yourself looking back at parked Novas etc like I was doing for the past couple of years.

John
19-11-08, 09:00 PM
Adam, yep i'd say so.

white2lSR
19-11-08, 09:03 PM
Seems as i cant make my mind up ill probably just keep it. I just need to make friends with it again.

ant_tay
19-11-08, 09:14 PM
Just had a quick look, Wagon has less power for some reason, 93-96, 220 brake, 206lb ft, 171 brake per tonne

Biggest difference you'll notice over the nova is the torque. Never driven a 220 brake version and I don't know what the differences are but the 94-96 saloon is 260 brake so that should be easily unleashed and they're very capable with that power. Weight is 1280kg on the wrx wagon btw

i have had a an impreza wagon the one thats in my poor impreza thread and loved every second of driving it what sturge has said above is true but if you do get one the the way i got the power up on mine is to put a td05 turbo on it instead of the td04 makes a big difference and take one of the cats out as they have 2 and was just as quick as the soloons

Novasport
19-11-08, 09:21 PM
I was thinking of selling 888 and buying an Impreza a few years ago. We had a WRX(Bug eye version) come in at work and I borrowed it for the weekend.
Well I was very dissapointed TBH, dunno whether I had high expectations. It was fun drifting around roundabouts and driving like a loon in it but I got bored rather quickly and never really felt comfortable in it. It Knocked and banged(Felt like the drivetrain was going to drop out of it), used a worrying amount of fuel and I ended up taking it back with the engine light on. This was a car owned by an older more sensible driver! It was great fun but I dont think I could live with it, I could not relax in it.
I know this sounds daft but I preferred my 888, although 2wd it is so much smoother, feels better screwed together and the engine feels like it has so much more torque. I can drive it relaxed but can also drive it fast and enjoy it.

Novasport
19-11-08, 09:27 PM
You have to factor in running costs. Tax, insurance, fuel, repairs and parts availability on the Scooby. You either buy a dog cheap or pay over the odds for a minter.
Keep the Nova and get a cheap diesel estate car and run it on veggie oil.

Sturge
19-11-08, 09:55 PM
I was thinking of selling 888 and buying an Impreza a few years ago. We had a WRX(Bug eye version) come in at work and I borrowed it for the weekend.
Well I was very dissapointed TBH, dunno whether I had high expectations. It was fun drifting around roundabouts and driving like a loon in it but I got bored rather quickly and never really felt comfortable in it. It Knocked and banged(Felt like the drivetrain was going to drop out of it), used a worrying amount of fuel and I ended up taking it back with the engine light on. This was a car owned by an older more sensible driver! It was great fun but I dont think I could live with it, I could not relax in it.
I know this sounds daft but I preferred my 888, although 2wd it is so much smoother, feels better screwed together and the engine feels like it has so much more torque. I can drive it relaxed but can also drive it fast and enjoy it.

The bugeye WRX was only 220 brake and is quite a bit heavier than the classic. Wont come close to classic performance until it's got in the region of 300 brake. Fair enough they're not the best screwed together cars in the world, but they're a lot better than a nova, and a lot cheaper than a 888 lol