PDA

View Full Version : Engine tuning

farrie boy
14-11-02, 04:52 PM
I drive a 1.2i and am desperate for more power, what are the best things to do to the engine to increae power, i dont want a whole new engine just some parts can anyone help. either give me a note underneath this or e-mail me at cfarr58@hotmail.com

Ric 16v
14-11-02, 05:35 PM
if it's a carb model u can fit a K&N air filter but if it's a single point injection the only thing u can do is change the exhaust system for something like a scorpion, piper or one from a 1.4sr

Alex
14-11-02, 05:41 PM
de-cat it. makes a huge difference.

wisewood
14-11-02, 05:50 PM
I drive a 1.2i and am desperate for more power

therefor it must be an injection model...

new induction kit maybe?
new exhaust?

Chris LR
14-11-02, 07:43 PM
In basic terms.... You'll get more power as you increase the amount of fuel/air into your engine.

1. So you more you get in,
2. The quicker it gets in,
3. And the quicker it gets out the better.

1&2. Induction / Airfilter / Cams / Head Skimming / Performance Pistons
3. Exhaust

You could also try new leads and plugs, which are easy to fit.

As I always say, accelerating is one thing, decelerating is another!!!

stan*
18-11-02, 01:59 PM
the high lift/long duration cam u r talkin about isnt just for allowing more charge to enter, it allows more exhaust gas to exit. so while u r talkin about increasing the volumetric efficiency, u might as well advise gas flowing the head.

for more torque try getting hold of a 4 branch manifold-everything else has just about been sujested!! try advancing the ignition by a few degrees (advance untill u get pinking, then retard slightly).

Aragorn
18-11-02, 03:13 PM
its an injection (SPi) so i dont think its possible to advance/retard the timing manually

mind u it does have a dizzy so maybe im talking shite - but the haynes says it uses microprocessor controlled spark timing so i would assume its not adjustable