PDA

View Full Version : pain killers

turbojolt
18-11-08, 03:56 PM
right i have had 4 400mg ibuprofen pain killers to day (due to my ribs being broken not becuse im a junky) and i just had a beer with a mate now my pupils are ****ing massive i believe iam tripping on pain killers this is not good :tard: :tard:

lol

Hobbit
18-11-08, 03:58 PM
Drink more beer then son.

Trust me im a lorry driver :thumb:

turbojolt
18-11-08, 03:59 PM
Drink more beer then son.

Trust me im a lorry driver :thumb:

the advice of champions lol

me mate belly is a hgv driver and he eats like 3 packs of them caffeine tablets a day the weirdo

Hobbit
18-11-08, 04:02 PM
I feel it is a service im providing, i spent a misguided youth dabbling with mind bending substances.

Shaun_O'Donnell
18-11-08, 04:04 PM
Think this needs to be kept clean.

Spudly
18-11-08, 04:05 PM
All alcohol does its stop painkillers and antibiotics working, it nulls the effects so youre not "tripping" off them at all bud!

turbojolt
18-11-08, 04:06 PM
All alcohol does its stop painkillers and antibiotics working, it nulls the effects so youre not "tripping" off them at all bud!

then what the hells wrong with my eyes lol

edit..

should i put away the happy mondays tracks then lol

Spudly
18-11-08, 04:23 PM
^^^Probably lol

I got a right roasting from a nurse when i woke up at four am in the short stay ward of my local infirmary.

I was off work sick and on a course of antibiotics and had got sooo smashed on beer alcopops and over half a bottle of whiskey i slipped over on my mates tiled garden path and smashed my head open and laid myself out cold!

She went batty and explained how silly i was to drink as it stopped the medication from doing anything at all and iirc it was something quite nasty i had so was a silly idea to prevent my tablets from working lol

turbojolt
18-11-08, 04:25 PM
^^^Probably lol

I got a right roasting from a nurse when i woke up at four am in the short stay ward of my local infirmary.

I was off work sick and on a course of antibiotics and had got sooo smashed on beer alcopops and over half a bottle of whiskey i slipped over on my mates tiled garden path and smashed my head open and laid myself out cold!

She went batty and explained how silly i was to drink as it stopped the medication from doing anything at all and iirc it was something quite nasty i had so was a silly idea to prevent my tablets from working lol

o well you live and you learn and all that

Sloth
18-11-08, 04:56 PM
roflmao, happy mondays jeez! bit o' aceofbase for the win!

mowgli
18-11-08, 06:01 PM
this business about antibiotics & painkillers not working if you drink is such cobblers that was invented to stop sailors & soldiers from getting the clap again....the original use for penicillin was to cure syphillis during WW2, but the men undergoing treatment were not allowed to fight, but were allowed out on leave. they then got drunk & found another prozzie & got another dose. so the ministry of health came up with the 'you can't drink or the cure won't work & where is the fun in going out & not drinking, so they stayed in & the cure worked...

in Spain if you ask for Ibuprofen at a chemists, they ask..'would you like 600mg or 800mg?' the UK doses are very weak. I regularly take 800mg if my back is killing me, and I make sure I have eaten well because it can affect your digestion.

you are probably feeling wierd cos the broken ribs are stopping your lungs working right & you are getting light headed. mix that with alcohol & you will be even worse

turbojolt
18-11-08, 06:05 PM
this business about antibiotics & painkillers not working if you drink is such cobblers that was invented to stop sailors & soldiers from getting the clap again....the original use for penicillin was to cure syphillis during WW2, but the men undergoing treatment were not allowed to fight, but were allowed out on leave. they then got drunk & found another prozzie & got another dose. so the ministry of health came up with the 'you can't drink or the cure won't work & where is the fun in going out & not drinking, so they stayed in & the cure worked...

in Spain if you ask for Ibuprofen at a chemists, they ask..'would you like 600mg or 800mg?' the UK doses are very weak. I regularly take 800mg if my back is killing me, and I make sure I have eaten well because it can affect your digestion.

you are probably feeling wierd cos the broken ribs are stopping your lungs working right & you are getting light headed. mix that with alcohol & you will be even worse

yer my brother is in the army and they gave him 600mg tablet to take for his ribs he said they look like horse tablets

thanks mowgli you probably right lol

16v Nova Kev
18-11-08, 06:17 PM
mowgli knows he fought in ww1 lol

turbojolt
18-11-08, 06:17 PM
lmfao

Fridge
18-11-08, 06:31 PM
It is a little bit of bollocks that they stop antibiotics from working; the antibiotics work but when you drink massivly you knock out your own immune system so instead of your imune system AND the antibiotics fighting an infection it's just the antibiotics. Not as effective.

The only antibiotic you CAN NOT drink on is Metronidazole. It inhibits alcohol dehydrogenase so after a few drinks you automatically default to a hangover and usually start vomiting.
Most Dr's tell you not to drink on them cuz we could all do with a rest from drinking.

Incidentally, about the pain killers, most of them will lower your tollerance to alcohol so not only do they still work but you end up more drunk! Particularly Tramadol.

Don't know too much about cars, glad i could finally contribut something to a thread!

Adam
18-11-08, 06:34 PM

The most common Ibu sold in the Uk is 400mg, 200mg is quite common too.
I guess were just not as hardcore as in other countries lol

Jack
18-11-08, 06:35 PM
Blimey, I knew some fridges had built in internet, but this one appears to be a trained doctor as well!

http://archrecord.construction.com/innovation/4_Products/images/0310_10.jpg

turbojolt
18-11-08, 06:37 PM
It is a little bit of bollocks that they stop antibiotics from working; the antibiotics work but when you drink massivly you knock out your own immune system so instead of your imune system AND the antibiotics fighting an infection it's just the antibiotics. Not as effective.

The only antibiotic you CAN NOT drink on is Metronidazole. It inhibits alcohol dehydrogenase so after a few drinks you automatically default to a hangover and usually start vomiting.
Most Dr's tell you not to drink on them cuz we could all do with a rest from drinking.

Incidentally, about the pain killers, most of them will lower your tollerance to alcohol so not only do they still work but you end up more drunk! Particularly Tramadol.

Don't know too much about cars, glad i could finally contribut something to a thread!

thanks for your help mate good to see another north london boy here mate im form tottenham

Fridge
18-11-08, 06:47 PM
Blimey, I knew some fridges had built in internet, but this one appears to be a trained doctor as well!

http://archrecord.construction.com/innovation/4_Products/images/0310_10.jpg

Trainee, not quite trained doctor. My final exams are next june. Which is why i should be studying and not messing around, looking to tune my van!!!

Sloth
18-11-08, 06:55 PM
fridge rulez!

mowgli
18-11-08, 06:56 PM
mowgli knows he fought in ww1 lol

antibiotics did not come about until the late 1930's, so about 12 years after ww1

I did once hit a car full of WI women with my jcb, thats as close as I got.

jimbob-mcgrew
18-11-08, 07:57 PM
shoulda replaced the painkillers and beer with whisky, do a much better job, about yer pupils i think youll be allright.. worst come to worst youll collapse and faint, but wake up a while later lol

mowgli
18-11-08, 09:13 PM
shoulda replaced the painkillers and beer with whisky, do a much better job, about yer pupils i think youll be allright.. worst come to worst youll collapse and faint, but wake up a while later lol

he got banned for 7 days, so he will be better before he can read this.......

Fridge
18-11-08, 11:07 PM
banned for what?

Sloth
18-11-08, 11:09 PM
bumped an old thread. tis a no no

Fridge
18-11-08, 11:12 PM
bugger, i didn't know that. I should really read the rules.

Sloth
18-11-08, 11:42 PM
thats what bthere there for!

Breeny
18-11-08, 11:53 PM
I had a few beers after some morphine, was not a good idea! Was talking to Mr T Let for hours afterwards! :tard:

Breeny
18-11-08, 11:55 PM
That's not correct actually.... the drugs still work but your liver will go into over drive :)

jimbob-mcgrew
19-11-08, 12:05 AM
he got banned for 7 days, so he will be better before he can read this.......

ah didnt realise, lets hope he doesnt kill himself before then lol

Dod
19-11-08, 12:15 AM
Mmmmm, mixing pescription drugs and alcohol, sounds like a good idea doesnt it? You ideally want some acid of Heroin to top it off.

brainsnova
19-11-08, 12:17 AM
or dont take pain killers and feel the pain :D the old way is best.

stevenf
19-11-08, 12:31 AM
or dont use pain killers and have enough drink to numb the pain :thumb:

mowgli
19-11-08, 05:43 PM
i recommend piriton tablets & wine.... gets you so pissed that someone has to teach you how to walk again

Andy
19-11-08, 08:55 PM
8 cans of stella + 2 night nurse.Trust me when i say you will have the best night's sleep EVER lol

Spudly
19-11-08, 09:17 PM
Hehe ill have to give that one a try then andy:thumb:

Southie
19-11-08, 09:19 PM
Hehe ill have to give that one a try then andy:thumb:

Is that why you have change your avatar to a cav lol

Spudly
19-11-08, 09:33 PM
Is that why you have change your avatar to a cav lol

Na just swapping about as ive had the same avatar for nearly two years lol

Nowt wrong with the cav though its my daily drive and shines up pretty well...

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a36/spudly01/My%20Car/PB141308.jpg

Southie
19-11-08, 09:35 PM
Thats better, I can see it now. :)

Spudly
19-11-08, 09:43 PM
Twas too small to be seen properly so swapped it back to my old nova lol

Cavs not bad for a derv eh:thumb:

Sloth
19-11-08, 09:50 PM
that pic of ya nova, isnt behind john roe toyota by any cance?

skidmarkz
19-11-08, 09:53 PM
if ya get bored, eat 4 nurofen and drink a few cans of red bull!! feel like a hypo 4 year old again haha, found out on a drive home late from work one night :P

failing that get some tramadol, couple it with a few Jack d's and try n stand up!! now that is a laugh!

No im not a junkie, i had prescribed drugs for a shoulder injury :)

Spudly
19-11-08, 09:59 PM
that pic of ya nova, isnt behind john roe toyota by any cance?

Right youre spookin even me out and i know how strange you are.....

How the funk did you know that, yes it is i used to valet for them a few years back!

Sloth
19-11-08, 10:03 PM
i did my apprenticeship there. left 2006. good eh?

Spudly
19-11-08, 10:05 PM
Thats about when i got that nova iirc will only have been the summer after you left that i was there and took that pic lol

Southie
19-11-08, 10:05 PM
Twas too small to be seen properly so swapped it back to my old nova lol

Cavs not bad for a derv eh:thumb:

Nowt wrong with the cav matey :thumb: could do with fuel being cheaper ey ;)

Emmy
21-11-08, 09:55 AM
I dont always take pain killers, sometimes its best just to wait a while and see how you feel as the pain can go by it self without the need of tablets :thumb:

Dod
21-11-08, 10:28 AM
Yeah but we're men. We take pain and illness more extreme than women do. Havent you ever heard of Man Flu?

Emmy
21-11-08, 10:29 AM
haha yeah I have Dod lol

Dod
21-11-08, 10:30 AM
I only wish you could experience it first hand as its the worst kind of illness. Much more Badder than any old Childbirth or Period. Us men know and understand real pain.

Emmy
21-11-08, 10:32 AM
I can understand that Dod but childbirth etc, im sure that would be much more painful than having man flu :p

Jack
21-11-08, 10:35 AM
Real pain is the b!tch you loved telling you one second how much she loves you then the next going off and fcuking some other guy who she's not known that long :)

Emmy
21-11-08, 10:42 AM
Yeah that would be really painful Razorjack, specially if you have really strong feelings for someone.

Dod
21-11-08, 10:51 AM
You need a Hug Jack?

Sloth
21-11-08, 11:49 AM
hug to mr rj :)

Dod
21-11-08, 12:02 PM
I wasnt being Sarcastic, I know your pain only too well.

Jack
21-11-08, 12:14 PM
lol No, I'm fine thanks. It just caused me to make a slight error in judgement which I'm not going to make again, hence why I'm opting to remain single at the moment lol

Dod, I would however like a manhug from you anyway.

Dod
21-11-08, 01:09 PM
I did something similar which involved a trip to Casulty, and not for me. (nor her BTW)

Emmy
21-11-08, 01:24 PM
Aw I know that Dod no worries :thumb:

Nice to hear your keeping well Razorjack. :)

Jack
21-11-08, 01:36 PM
I did something similar which involved a trip to Casulty, and not for me. (nor her BTW)
LOL nothing like that! lol By error of judgement, I mean I fell into another relationship that wasn't right.

Dod
21-11-08, 01:40 PM
Ah they never count as mistakes, they're obligatry and meaningless.