PDA

View Full Version : WHICH 2 LITRE ENGINE

mckel
14-11-02, 03:05 AM
I CANT DECIDE WHICH ENGINE 2 PUT IN MY NOVA EITHER A GSI 16V OR A TURBO 16V

Ric 16v
14-11-02, 11:06 AM
well the 2.0 16v will be alot less hassle than the turbo as theres not as many pipes to connect and wiring to do, but the 2.0 16v turbo will be faster than the plain 16v, may be more work but it will be worth it :D :D :D if I was going to do a 16v engine conversion I'd go for the 2.0 16v turbo coz it would be fookin fast in the nova and u would get the sound of the dump valve :D :D :D :D but there isn't a 16v turbo where I live so I'd be the first if I was old enough :( :( :( :(

Aragorn
14-11-02, 11:37 AM
my personal preference would be to use a 1.6 16v, and if you really want to - u can turbocharge it for the "vroOOM TSHHHH" sound

if your hell bent on getting the 2 litre then i think assuming money wasnt a factor youd be just as well going for the 20LET

in reality however money is a factor and you need to look at each option carefully

getting the 1.6 16v will be an easier and cheaper option as u dont NEED to strengthen the chassis and the tranny is compatible with the original drive shafts and hubs etc

you also can use standard exhaust parts, and suspension parts etc

i think between the 20XE and the 20LET assuming cost isnt an issue then the turbo'd engine would win on power alone and its only one or two extra leads to hook up

Matt Finary
14-11-02, 12:33 PM
Get the 2litre turbo :twisted: if you can afford it!

Matt :D