PDA

View Full Version : camber mod

elsey197
14-11-02, 12:12 AM
how many of you have done the camber mod as described in the articles page? im about to do it as am fed up of buying new tyres every 6 months
would i still have to weld on some washers even though i have a strut brace, if i did would these not lift the strut brace up?

brian
14-11-02, 01:28 AM
i presume the idea of the washers is to strengthen the turret where the new holes are so id say do it.
another way to solve the camber thing is this; (my preferred option)
take out the shock and slot the two holes where the shock bolts to the hub/strut. then let a garage set the camber for you when tracking. if that doesn't make sense i explain it differently for ya.

?Marty?
14-11-02, 02:35 AM
TAS do adjustable top mounts for around ?75, anyone got these? What do you think of them?

Slotting the mounting holes doesn't sound too good to me, as it's too easy to get the camber out of balance again after hitting a pot-hole or something. Not easy avoiding the fuckers where i live!

Oh and none of the garages round here will touch my tracking as they recon it can't be adjusted since i'm runing 17's with low-profile tyres!?

Ste_Nova
14-11-02, 12:49 PM
i've filed out the top holes... no probs here.... doesn't move out cause they are only filed as much as is needed.... and i've got gsi strut top plates ready to go on aswell ?3 from vaux, took 4 months to arrive!!

rgv_stu
14-11-02, 01:16 PM
is that all they are steve ?3 ??
if there that chup i might just get some

Ste_Nova
14-11-02, 06:56 PM
with the vat etc they came to just over ?7