PDA

View Full Version : rear discs

jim sri
13-11-02, 11:41 PM
will the rear disc&caliper assembly from a cav sri, mounted onto a nova axle beam be exactly the same length as if the drums were still there?
i ask cos i am runnin 16"s(currently on drums) which are v.close to my outer arch.
anyone had similar probs?or any suggestions? :o

Austin_Nova16
14-11-02, 12:03 AM
I'm sure that they are the same mate.
I have have no probs with my 15's.

?Marty?
14-11-02, 02:40 AM
I used an Astra GTE 16 valve assembly mounted on a Nova rear beam, and ended up having to use 15mm spacers after the conversion (45mm offset) as the inside edge of the wheels was rammed into the inside arch/suspension strut. Still, i'm glad it happened, as i used 20 mm spacers, so the wheel was almost touching the outside of the arch, and kept driving round and machining a few mm off each spacer on the lathe everytime the wheels caught. Now they don't catch AT ALL.

Although, i've been told (incorrectly i guess) that having a rear disc conversion brings the wheels OUTWARDS slightly.

Ric 16v
14-11-02, 11:16 AM
I'm thinking of getting rear discs coz I'v seen on the vpsc website www.vpsc.co.uk they can make the rear beams for you for ?150 which is quite cheap I thought, but there is one thing that concerns me is I heard they sometimes lock up when going round corners, this is the only thing that puts me off !!!!!!

Matt Finary
14-11-02, 01:07 PM
If you are worried about Rear disk lock up, make and fit a brake bias valve.

Matt