PDA

View Full Version : Brum meet....

marruss
13-11-02, 10:39 PM
i am trying (stress the word TRYING) to sort out a meet in brum sometime....depending on the feedback i get will depend on place/date/time etc... most probably gonna be somewhere on the cov road or somewhere around there depending on where people come from and how many people but it should be a fair laff.. the normal stuff...plus its pretty safe from all passing policemen....or women..
let me now..
cheers
marc :twisted: :D :) :evil: :!: :idea:

J4TT
13-11-02, 10:58 PM
How about the races in town on saturday nites?????

Chris LR
13-11-02, 11:01 PM
Brum is full of racers, You can't hide a group of them from the cops.

v1nce
14-11-02, 10:15 AM
sounds all good ladies...

had a small meet up the races last yr (about this time) about 4 of us novas pulled up then another 4 just joined us LOL. the strangest bit was the cops closed the road (landor street) and moved every on but us!!! after about a hour this cop on a bike pulls up and sez do u mind going home so i can (in a friendly way) then he ask weather we were a car club LOL

i no dogs bollocks has arranged a nova rolling road on the 25th at MPC in walsall, which is sort of brum but they talk funny

SimonP
14-11-02, 12:51 PM
Sounds good Marc. I'll prolly be in the Astra if I come up as my Nova needs loads more work on it.

marruss
14-11-02, 06:51 PM
NO no poxy astras with big engines to show us up!!! nah just joking si..
...your welcome...yeah races sounds good...loadsa twits tho.. plus my car would probably blow up or id write it off....i love roundabouts round there and tend to fly at them a tad faster then i should!! but it will be fun! dates will be sorted soon...but its likely to be in the next 2weeks or so??

In about 2weeks then?? everybody in??? replies pleasE!!!!
marc

Chris LR
14-11-02, 07:48 PM
Walsall? I hope your passport is up to date!

I'm not a fan of races, sure I'll pull away from the lights quick sometimes but I know my abilities, and my cars.

I like my pink licence, I'm not about to trade it for a green one!

J4TT
14-11-02, 09:59 PM
Now r we talking about the races?? or the that rolling road thing??

Simon you'll have 2 bring that SHED astra :wink:

Because the Nova is too good 2 get dirty :wink:

Does n e 1 go to the races n e way???

J4TT
14-11-02, 10:16 PM
I was joking bout the comment "SHED astra" above dnt take it seriously

mikeoxford
14-11-02, 11:12 PM
can we stress here this is the SAME setup as MK

PLEASE no lunatics! lol, dont give us nova bods a bad name

SHOULD you want to have fun and a lil' play, people will probly go up city centre on the nite time to have a look at the action, to be fair i have been two or three times, not to participate but to watch, theres this place you can park just off the road outta harms way, im usually found there! good place to look at cars. and watch OTHER people try and write off their chariots, without the first hand experience of you yourself doin it ;)

keep it real
mike 8)

marruss
15-11-02, 12:24 AM
yeh MK style...all tho the races sound good.. would it not be better to have our own individual one?? and alot safer...and less divs in big engined cars like a sapphire cosworth who overtook me on a v small road...nice to see tho!!!made an almmighty PSSSsssshh as he passed and gave me a nice grin!!!(fair play)..ITs also a tad dodgy where the races are held...any agree???
marc

"do it once....do it right"

SimonP
15-11-02, 09:07 AM
LOL @ J4TT Hey, that Nova is a good runner. Sweet engine!

Marc, might come along. I don't usually race. Not my type of thing, but I'll come along if I'm about.

Are you about on Sunday so I can collect these bumpers then?

lowasfcukSR
15-11-02, 09:08 AM
I think a meet sounds good but i wouldn't advice havin it in brum town centre ! too many idiots and police :twisted: , i reckon somewhere by the Cov road sounds, good slightly out the way ?!?!

mikeoxford
15-11-02, 10:55 AM
nah it wont be in town, on coventry road (A45)

erm,

i didnt know you was trying to set it up as races mark?

to be fair i dont think you will get much people turn out, as for one, ok i have a little bit of fun now and again, but racing is pointless IMO.

if it was a meet however.............

IF people wanna go racing - or EVEN WATCH the racing, we could head up town afterwards as the racing goes on till WELL early in the morning!

food for thaughts...........

J4TT
15-11-02, 06:40 PM
yeah i agree with mike oxford

Meet up in safeways car park on the A45
then if we want go races afta words

The police dont say nothing if you drive senseably BUT if ur doing 120 miles on a 40mph rd ur asking 4 it

Adam Moran
16-11-02, 12:20 PM
I'm up for it, havent managed to see any of you lot yet even though ive been up here since Feb!!! Be nice to put some faces to names!! When we going to meet at this Safeways then? ( thats if i dont get lost from Tamworth!!)

AJ

J4TT
16-11-02, 09:54 PM
Safeways is PANTS to find u just go past birmingham airport towards b'ham city and its on your left about 2 miles from the airport