PDA

View Full Version : Gearbox prob (F20) lack of drive

loggyboy
16-11-08, 05:25 PM
See here, if you have an idea post on Mig if you can

Taa x

http://www.migweb.co.uk/forums/engines-transmission/378750-gearbox-prob-f20-lack-drive-new-post.html

mowgli
16-11-08, 08:29 PM
the gearbox is tatered.....

I would guess the 3rd/4th synchro has collapsed.

cheapest fix is a new box.

ps I won't go on mig

loggyboy
16-11-08, 11:39 PM
Sadly its nout to do with any specfic gear, it does it in all gears IC rev.

Ive had the Diff plate cover off and thats all fine, and ive also had the clutch cover off and that seems fine, so the problem lies somewhere between the ring gear of the diff and the input shaft.

mowgli
16-11-08, 11:44 PM
well, if the clutch is not snapped, then there are only 2 shafts in the box, so its either the input or output shaft. thus it is cheaper to get a s/hand box.

pulling the endplate off & getting the bits out is the only way to find out.

loggyboy
02-01-09, 12:21 PM
sorry to drag this old thread up, but id like to share my SHOCKING BLONDE MOMENT

Went out at the weekend to whip the end plate of the Gbox to investigate further, and low and behold i found that it seemed fine, but out the corner of my eye as i turned the wheel i saw the driveshaft was spinning in the inner cv.. THe f***ing shaft wasnt engaged! i hadnt clipped it to the circlip properly - TW@T!

So, briefly it was on the road for the afternoon, untill when i went to replace the water with some coolant before the cold night set it, i found brown froff in the header tank... probly HG :( :(
never rains it pours!