PDA

View Full Version : Glandular fever :(

Will
13-11-02, 09:58 PM
Ive got the symptoms of it, waiting on blood test results, just wondering if you guys had or know anybody that had it, wot there symptoms were and things like that, i feel like total and utter shit have no energy to do anything, swollen glands, headaches, hot and cold temp and keep sweating and stuff, this sucks.

Thanks for reading

Will

Norris
13-11-02, 10:04 PM
Are you dead yet? No, seriously its a pain in the arse isnt it? at least u can spend ur free hours willowing away on Novaload!

Get better soon.

mikeoxford
13-11-02, 10:12 PM
never let us lot tell you your ill when you may not be!!!

BUT

my dad had this :(

it all stems back to the same virii as chicken pox and shingles i think.

my dad had chicken pox when he was little, then later on he got shingles ( i had to stay away from him for a month :o ) cos i havent even had chicken pox (touches wood) and i could of caught it, about 2 or 3 months after his recovery, shingles triggered off glandular fever the doctor said.

dad was dead miserable, but i have to say he wasnt in pain pain like he could of been with shingles or whatever. and its more of an inconvenience than anything else..........

get better soon lad :) :!:

brian
14-11-02, 01:51 AM
its a nasty dose. i had it this time 2 years ago and it's pretty much the symtoms ya say.
worst of all it takes 6 to 12 months to go fully from your system.

?Marty?
14-11-02, 02:31 AM
I had it too. Nearly killed myself (unintentionally) by refusing to believe it was anything else but flue, and continuing to go to the gym.

<---- stubborn twat.

It lasted for several weeks, though all the symptoms didn't fully go away for a month or so. I guess it depends on how severe it affects you. Though i don't fall ill that much, but when i do it takes me aaaages to get better. Like a simple common cold takes a full week in bed to get over.

Anton
14-11-02, 06:51 AM
I had it and almost missed the whole summer. At the start I thought it was a cold, but it slowly got worse and worse till I had trouble breathing. An ambulance was called and the rushed me in2 hospital. The thing that pissed me off most was i kept going 2 the doctor and they said there was nuffin wrong with me! :evil: I was in hospital for 2 weeks with it, couldn't eat or swallow anything. I was hooked up 2 loads of drips and stuff 2. What made it worse was the hospital put me in the bloody old people ward and I was the only one under 70 :roll: oh what fun! The stench of stale wee lol!, But on the plus side there were some very fit nurses! :lol:

In my opinion get it when its just starting, and dont use shit doctors like i did. Bloody thing takes ages for you 2 recover and get your strength back. While I was in there i missed my first driving test. :cry:

Jim
14-11-02, 09:05 AM
Oh dear, thats not good Will :( sorry to hear that. Get better soon mate.

Jim

RobIsGrt18
14-11-02, 01:34 PM
hello will m8........thats a bitch that !! iv had it before (good few years ago now), basicly the same systems....had the blood test etc!! it knocked me out solid for 2 weeks, then i was still feeling tierd all time for bout 6 months after that, it obviously effects people in different ways....hope yours is milder and u bounce back soon buddy :D

Breeny
14-11-02, 01:48 PM
Unlucky boyo. I'm sure .... (can't remember her name) will look after you. ;)

wisewood
14-11-02, 02:03 PM
my ex had it for a while... can't remember how long exactly but it was quite some time. Which was a pain in the arse for obvious reasons.

Apparently once you have had glandular fever it never actually leaves your system - just goes into hiding - and can pop up again at anytime during your life... :( which is not very nice.

Kinda like athletes foot - lol.

Hope you recover soon mate - and don't get too ill, and don't get it back again in a hurry.

?Marty?
14-11-02, 06:03 PM
Wisewood:

my ex had it
in the a**e
for a while... can't remember how long exactly but it was quite some time.
once you
pop up again
get it back again in a hurry.
a pain in the a**e
is
very nice.
[/quote]

Anton
14-11-02, 06:06 PM
LMFAO :lol:

Alex
14-11-02, 06:06 PM
:lol:

wisewood
14-11-02, 06:08 PM
LMFAO!!!

Someone has far too much time on their hands me thinks :lol:

VERY CLEVER THOUGH!!!

?Marty?
14-11-02, 06:12 PM
I've taken the week off work. With pay. Nice one!

Just waiting for my girlfriend to 'have a shower and change her clothes', before i go round to pick her up.

Don't know why she's bothereing. It's not that i'm not worth it (my mum thinks i'm fine :wink: ), but i'll only get her pissed, remove all the clothing she so carefully selected, and then cover her in spunk.

wisewood
14-11-02, 06:18 PM
Just waiting for my girlfriend to 'have a shower and change her clothes', and then cover her in spunk.

lol - very nice mate :D

Will
14-11-02, 06:54 PM
Got blood test results back today, i got gladular fever, feeling worse, going back home from uni to rest now, cu guys soon, mite be on home pc every now and then.

Will

wisewood
14-11-02, 07:13 PM
hope you feel better soon mate. :(