PDA

View Full Version : Wide Arches

DW-Nova
16-11-08, 02:19 PM
Hello all, i'm going to place an order for some wide arches for the rear of my nova, as far as i can see my options are either Protec motorsport or Magnum motorsport, dose anybody have an opinion of who i'd be better of buying them from ? i've heard stories about magnum motorsport taking absolutley ages to send them out ??? dose anybody have any ideas about who's kit fits the best, i presume they look just the same as each other ? Secondly is there anyone out there who would have any pictures of what they have done regarding the metal work below, i.e. how far do i need to cut it out and what have they done as in plating it underneath etc etc.. Appologies if these questions have already been answered but i couldnt find anything on the search option, thanks in advance everybody.

DW-Nova
16-11-08, 02:20 PM
Oh also i'm going to order the SID wide arches for the front has anybody used these before ??

BIGS
16-11-08, 02:40 PM
I got mine from pro-tec and was very very happy with the service. and they came very quick

um why buy two diffrent ones from diffrent companys

DW-Nova
16-11-08, 10:48 PM
yeh i'm thinking of buying the rears from protec as i've said i've heard that magnum take ages to send the orders out, i'm buying the SID fronts as they are add on's to the standard wings and are a bit more subtle, i dont want complete replacement wings on the front as i've just got new one's for the front, would you have any pictures of where you cut on the back and how you boxed it out ?? Cheers.

BIGS
16-11-08, 11:03 PM
i havent yet im doing that after i turret the back

euro sbd
17-11-08, 01:11 AM
dont go magnum there very nice on the phone but when it came to recieving my wide arch kit it took them nearly 7 months. excuse after excuse, i would never give them my money again

BIGS
17-11-08, 01:12 AM
what when i got mine from pro-tec it took 3 weeks and that was making the whole kit from scatch inc bumpers and skirts

tookie
17-11-08, 12:50 PM
i brought all 4 sid arches a few weeks back they were delivered within a week and i was impressed with the quality of them ,i was expecting them to be a bit ropey considering there alot cheaper than other makes .

EUROTURBO
17-11-08, 01:10 PM
mine are magnum motorsport but just like EUROSBD said they take an age to turn up.

Just remember that the kit is a 'kit' and no matter how quickly you get it you need alot of experience with fibreglass and ****ing about to get them to fit... let alone looking like they should be there, word of warning panel bond them as well as rivet them to make them sturdy because they are very very flexible....

jr_eze
18-11-08, 03:18 PM
Oh also i'm going to order the SID wide arches for the front has anybody used these before ??

i have an irmscher wide arch kit on the car, it uses the wide fronts, they just bolt straight on when you remove the old 1's , handy...:thumb:

t45_ste
18-11-08, 03:26 PM
DONT ORDER FROM MAGNUM! I ordered mine 12 months back, i gave up phoning them to chase the order. Full of bull**** excuses.

DW-Nova
18-11-08, 10:23 PM
Right, down to both what i have heard from peoples posts on here and talking to both companys i have decided that i'm definetley going to order the rears from Protec, i e-mailed the both Magnum and Protec regarding them and recieved a reply very quickly from Protec whilst it took Magnum several days to reply, Protec were very very helpful whereas when i e-mailed Magnum back to ask some questions i recieved no reply, the protec ones are a little more expensive but it looks as they will actually arrive !! Thanks for everybody's inputs but if anybody out there has any pictures or info regarding cutting and plating the rears whatsoever please please please post them as i would be very grateful as i'm a little unsure where to cut and what is the best idea as regarding to plating the rears out.