PDA

View Full Version : Rear Window - Easy to remove?

AlexW
15-11-08, 12:02 PM
I havnt had chance to actualy look at it yet but how easy is it to remove and refit the rear screen?

Is it bonded like the front screen?

Thanks.

NovaBoi92
15-11-08, 12:05 PM
it was a piece of piss to remove for me, just pop out the seal from the inside and then the rear windscreen should just come out. but mine had none of the sealant, i dont know if it was meant to

andymac
15-11-08, 12:05 PM
yeah easy just peel back the rubber and it will pop out. none of the windows in a nova are bonded

Mike.
15-11-08, 12:06 PM
am sure only the windscreens are sealed in, rest of the glass is just held on by the rubber seals

Spudly
15-11-08, 12:07 PM
As above the only glas in a nova with any form of bonding is the front screen which has a black sticky sealant type stuff on purely to waterproof it, you will need two people to do it just in case it slips, carefully pry the seal over the little lip it sits on and pull the glass out, it sounds a bit vauge but as you do it you will see!

Sturge
15-11-08, 12:12 PM
Piece of cake, I can remove every bit of glass in a nova in less than 10 mins lol

Just be careful as you go, tuck the seal over the lip from the inside while GENTLY pressing on the glass and it'll come away no probs, Screen isn't bonded, just waterproofed as said :)

AlexW
15-11-08, 12:23 PM
Thanks guys, sounds easy. I didnt think it was bonded but wanted to check.

Jack
15-11-08, 01:29 PM
Piece of cake, I can remove every bit of glass in a nova in less than 10 mins lol
In one piece? lol

How hard is the front to remove and replace? I'll probably be having a windscreen repair place do mine, but are they likely to keep the rubber intact?

Spudly
15-11-08, 01:35 PM
In one piece? lol

How hard is the front to remove and replace? I'll probably be having a windscreen repair place do mine, but are they likely to keep the rubber intact?

That depends if youre keeping the screen lol

The messiest way is also the most obvious, but its very easy to remove the screen using the same method to the rest of the glass its just you have to be ridiculously careful as the screens favourite passtime is cracking just when youre almost all the way out with it:cry:

Theyre all easy enough to do you just gotta be patient with them:thumb:

Sturge
15-11-08, 01:59 PM
In one piece? lol

Not even so much as chipped one yet :)

Front takes the longest because of the sealant, just a bit messy, but not difficult. Sart in the middle of the screen, work out to the top corners, down one side, and as soon as the bottom corner's free it'll pull out

Pistol Pete
15-11-08, 09:45 PM
Yeah rear screen is easy to remove.

Mine was going so well. Until the last corner and "crack!" Rubber is still in one piece though. Was a good excuse to buy a heated screen! Which reminds me..*goes to bump group buy thread*