PDA

View Full Version : MK Meeting 1/12/02

Jim
13-11-02, 02:26 PM
Hello all,

I've just been to check the location and from what I can tell it should be big enough for us on the 1st December. If we say to meet at 2pm, that will give people time to get there if there travelling from distance.

The location is next to one of the lakes in Milton Keynes (Yes, MK has lakes! :o ). Along the lake there are restaurants and bars. The location is not to far from Central Milton Keynes if people want to venture off.

From what I can tell, the location should be quiet enough for us at the weekend. There were very few cars there today. I will pop down there at 2pm on Sunday to make sure it doesn't get crowded.

The only thing that we ask is that everyone behaves themselves when you get into the carpark. It is marked as a public carpark on the map, but that doesn't stop the land-owners kicking up a fuss if people start misbehaving.

Basic directions are...

Get onto the M1 and head towards Junction 14. Come off at Junction 14 and if coming from the North, Turn RIGHT, if coming from the South, Turn LEFT.

You will now be on the A509. Go straight over the first TWO roundabouts that you come to, turn right at the THIRD roundabout. Then turn right at the FIRST (smaller) roundabout that you come to. You should now be in the carpark that has been chosen for the location. When in the carpark, keep following it round till you see car parking bays with room for 3 cars. I suggest we park up here.

http://www.novaload.net/files/breeny/mapwl.jpg

It's fairly straight forward to find. I shall be there in a black J reg Nova at about 1:45pm.

Jim

Breeny
13-11-02, 02:39 PM
Nice one Jim, and we mean no larking about what so ever. Police in MK are at an all time low and they will not tolerate any mucking about.

See you all there, i'll be reminding everyone frequently so we should have a fairly decent turnout, I have about 40 people saying they will turn up.

See you all there :D

Nova1.6
13-11-02, 04:06 PM
you will see me there too, maybe with wisewood if he wants to come with me, as he doesn't own a nova, well he does, 2 of em but they dont work, and prob cant afford the petrol, so andy, this is my offer, would u like to come with me unless you are busy?

Will
13-11-02, 04:14 PM
If i have my car ill see you all there :)

Will

wisewood
13-11-02, 04:22 PM
maybe with wisewood if he wants to come with me, as he doesn't own a nova, well he does, 2 of em but they dont work, and prob cant afford the petrol, so andy, this is my offer, would u like to come with me unless you are busy?

Cheers mate...
I will check my diary - oh hang on.. I aint got a diary... so err.. yeah.
Cheers Neil... You're a gem.

Austin_Nova16
13-11-02, 04:53 PM
shall hopefully be there.

All depends on me finances though :?

mikeoxford
13-11-02, 10:08 PM
All depends on me finances though

fiance(s) ? plural!?!?!

lmao

or is that how its spelt and i embarast meself? :oops:

ill be booking the time off work, and whatever state my car is in itll be there - hopefully i will hgave got somewhere :(

perhaps in a week or so neil we cud arrange to meet up again and head down like trax.........?

thanks
mike

Austin_Nova16
13-11-02, 10:14 PM
fiance(s) ? plural!?!?!

yeah.........finances.......?????????

I'm a poor student who's over spent on his car and beer! :roll:

mikeoxford
13-11-02, 10:20 PM
why didnt my wuote work.......... :roll:

mikeoxford
13-11-02, 10:27 PM
why didnt my quote work.......... :roll:

ollster
14-11-02, 12:28 AM
why didnt my quote work..........

it didnt work because it was not opened correctly, quote=austin_nova16 should be quote="austin_nova16" (with the square brackets around). I think anyway :idea:

Nova1.6
14-11-02, 09:39 AM
hey ollster and mike, wanna meet up again, do a little road trip?

Austin_Nova16
14-11-02, 10:36 AM
embarast

wuote

lmao!!!

2 can play that game mike 8)

Cheese
14-11-02, 11:15 AM
Slim Jim / Breeny I know parts of Mk, but how easy is the place to find from the X-cape Snow Centre? :?:
Have you got a postcode or address for the pub were meeting at?

Cheers Ben :D

Jim
14-11-02, 11:45 AM
Ben,

Do you know how the road system works in Milton Keynes? If so, then you'll know that they work on a Horizontal & Vertical method.

Basically from the Xscape Snowdome you want to try and get on the H5 and head North (you should see signs pointing towards the M1) Once on the H5, follow it north until you meet the V10 Once you come to the roundabout where you meet the V10, turn Right and follow the road over the first roundabout and then turn left at the second roundabout (Where it says "P" on the map above).

You should be able to find it ok. Breeny might post a mobile number that you can contact him on should you get lost.

Here is the link to Multimap.co.uk It shows you Central Milton Keynes and Willen Lake (Which is where we're meeting)

http://www.multimap.co.uk/map/browse.cgi?X=487000&Y=239000&width=700&height=400&client=public&gride=&gridn=&srec=0&coordsys=gb&addr1=&addr2=&addr3=&pc=&advanced=&scale=25000&up.x=24&up.y=6

Hope this helps

Jim

Cheese
14-11-02, 11:53 AM
Nice one Jim, Thanks alot mate.. :D
Should be able to find it from those directions and the map, and ive got Breeny's number if i get lost :s

See you on the 1st!

Thanks again

Ben :D

mikeoxford
14-11-02, 11:58 AM
lol i only just realised you put finances no fiances :oops: :oops:

LMAO!

oh well, im hopinm to be there - neil and olly - u comin in your novarova?! erm, perhaps txt each other sometime?? im sure ud like to come olly even if in someone elses nova??

respect

c u all soon

mike

Jim
14-11-02, 12:13 PM
Nice one Jim, Thanks alot mate.. :D
Should be able to find it from those directions and the map, and ive got Breeny's number if i get lost :s

See you on the 1st!

Thanks again

Ben :D

No problem Ben. See you there :)

Jim

Nova1.6
14-11-02, 12:17 PM
so, who is actualy going apart from me, mike, nova nutta, austin nova 16, olly if hes coming, cheese and andy if he's coming with me?
Neil

wisewood
14-11-02, 12:20 PM
I'll be going with you Sheep boy... as long as we can back up north in time for me to get from Sheffield to Manchester for about 8pm. :D
Mates band got a gig and last time they did this venue I missed it and apperently it was really good.

Nova1.6
14-11-02, 12:27 PM
OI, u calling me sheep boy, your riding in the boot then wisekid!
Thats fine, u bring the worthers orginals ok!

Jim
14-11-02, 12:30 PM
Breeny has posted this on other Nova/Vauxhall forums, so hopefully there should be a decent selection of people attending.

All we ask is that you all behave yourselves.

Jim

P.S. SheepDip, If Wisewood misbehaves, theres a big huge lake with his name on ;)

wisewood
14-11-02, 12:31 PM
I don't mind riding in the boot - wouldn't be the first time, and probably not the last - as long as you promise not to let any old women drive into the back of you again :D

I will see what i can do in the way of the worthers original's...
:D

Just thoguht - if i wind window down can i smoke in your car - if not - gonna be a very stressful journey for me, what with having to suffer you all the way down there :lol:

mikeoxford
14-11-02, 12:45 PM
lol wisewood - ill probly have an empty car if my m8 dont come so you can car hop and jump in mine from neils sunroof - or perhaps more legally at a petrol station or services :P

wisewood
14-11-02, 12:49 PM
to hell with being legal - I will jump sunroof to sunroof on the M1 at 110mph... we wil have to get some pics for novaload though :D

and of course i will write out my will, and sign a declaration to say you two had no idea what i was going to do as well before hand... just so you dont't get into trouble when my jump falls short and I fall into a bloody mangled heap on the motorway :D

Breeny
14-11-02, 01:02 PM
There roughly 40 cars coming so far. 20 16v's, gsi's, sr's you name it, its coming :)

even a fiesta xr2i possibly :roll: only kidding Jo if you read this :P

Nova1.6
14-11-02, 01:19 PM
HAHA, i'd love to see wisewood jump outa my sunroof, whats even funnier is that i haven't got one!!!! :lol: :lol:
Could have a pretty sore head with trying though!

wisewood
14-11-02, 01:27 PM
haha - i suppose i will have to jump out the window then...

Alex
14-11-02, 01:34 PM
ill be there. Just got to tell work that I wont be coming in that day :)

Jim
14-11-02, 01:44 PM
40 cars!!! :o I hope the carpark is big enough for us all. If not I have a backup destination just in case :)

Jim

wisewood
14-11-02, 01:56 PM
Jim

That is VERY effiecient of you - I am most impressed.
... and that's not meant ot be sarcastic - it just sounds that way :D

Jim
14-11-02, 03:29 PM
I aint just a pretty face...unlike yourself :P

Jim

wisewood
14-11-02, 03:34 PM
well it's nice to know you think i have a pretty face Jim... :D

ollster
14-11-02, 03:35 PM
oh well, im hopinm to be there - neil and olly - u comin in your novarova?! erm, perhaps txt each other sometime?? im sure ud like to come olly even if in someone elses nova??

im not sure if i am comin, the nova is in a garage with no tax now. I might come down in the rover not sure yet, i will have to see what happens

Nova1.6
14-11-02, 04:12 PM
how come ur not using your nova during the winter?

wisewood
14-11-02, 04:17 PM
maybe because it will help stop it from rotting - and if he is not driving in adverse weather conditions - there is less chance of him sliding on some dodgy roads and wrapping it around a tree/lamp post/old lady etc.

Nova1.6
14-11-02, 04:20 PM
common wise wood, u really think u can wrap a nova round an old lady? CAUSE NOT U FOOL, it;'s only old sheep u can wrap em round.
I was messin.
GET BACK TO WORK SLACKER SPACKER.

wisewood
14-11-02, 04:25 PM
lmfao - some old ladies are hard - and be careful when saying stuff like SPACKER - you never know who could be reading the site with mentally handicapped family or friends.

My maets sister ahs Downes Syndrome... doesn't offend me, but could someone. :D

Jim
14-11-02, 04:36 PM
Could we try not to let this post go off topic too much, I wanna make sure everyones clear on whats happening on 1st December. Plus, I'm sick of getting Emails saying there has been a reply to this post only to find it's Wisewood dribbling on about some grandma :P

Ollster, if the weather is dry on the day, it won't do your car any damage to drive to the Meeting. It won't really do your car any damage driving whilst it's raining. It's when they put salt on the roads that your bodywork starts to get f***ed. Have a think, as chances are by the time you get there you'll be saying "I wish I came in my Nova now" :)

Jim

wisewood
14-11-02, 04:44 PM
I realise this creates another irritating email for you Jim - but I gotta say this... His car has no tax - he aint gonna wanna tax his car for one day is he?

Right - I will shut mi trap now.
Sorry. :P

ollster
14-11-02, 07:49 PM
Basically i can't come in the nova what ever happens, 1. it has no tax, 2. the insurance will have run out by then, and 3. its missing an interior at the moment. Anywa i might come down anyway would like to see you all and have a bit of a road trip

Nova1.6
15-11-02, 01:25 PM
sorry wisewood, i didnt mean it in a bad way or too afend anyone. Wise, i told my misses that she could come if she wanted but it'll be a 3 hour trip down ther and a 6 hour trip back and just standing around talking about novas for about 9 hours, lol, get my drift of wat i was trying to do. I wouldnt mind if she did come, if she somehow reads this message! but i dont think she'd enjoy it!

wisewood
15-11-02, 01:33 PM
course she'll enjoy it - she gets to spend hours with me :D
while you are having to drive and can't stop her having her way with me lmfao - as if she would... especially when she has a boyfriend as studly as you neil :D

lmfao - sorry... couldn't resist.

Nova1.6
15-11-02, 04:26 PM
well you cant everything can you, unless your me. :lol:

Will
15-11-02, 05:45 PM
still dribbling on, start another post if u want to :P see you on the 1st if the old dear lets me out with my gladular fever shit.

p.s. road tax, lol, doubt i will have any for the meet, sue me :P :D

Jim
17-11-02, 11:23 PM
Update...

I went to the venue today at just gone 2pm and there were plenty of car parking spaces :) There were quite a few cars parked there, but providing everyone behaves themselves we shouldn't have any bother. If we are asked to leave the premises, I've found another location which was empty and will do us just as well.

Jim

Nova1.6
18-11-02, 09:31 AM
I will be coming with Wisewood, he doesnt know it yet but he's helping me wash, t-cut and polish my car.
See u lot there guys.

wisewood
18-11-02, 10:45 AM
LMFAO
As if i care if your car looks nice when we get there Neil.
You gonna have to bribe me i'm afraid... with more than just a ride to MK :D money works well...

Jim
18-11-02, 10:51 AM
SheepDip, theres a Lake near to where we will be parking, so if Wisewood doesn't help you out, we can always throw him in the lake. I'm sure we'll be able to get a couple of people to help you :twisted:

Jim

Nova1.6
18-11-02, 11:32 AM
ive got a good plan, we'll put him on the front of my bonnet(nothing kinky wisewood before u get excited) so he's facing the windscreen and holding on for dear life, then ill drive towards the lake and brake suddenly, that way i can keep asking him if he'll help me while ive gathering speed, if he doesnt give in and say yes then ill brake sharply.
I once did this with a mate, he jumped on ym bonnet while i was reversing, i was going slowly then suddenly went faster, he fell off and tumbled, i did feel bad, but u should of seen his face, like a rabbit before getting run over, it was sooo funny.
so wise, u are helping me, or your riding the hour and half on the roof!

wisewood
18-11-02, 12:10 PM
Just a quick question Neil - what time are we setting off?

I have a serious dislike of water - especially when you can't see the bottom... used to put up with it when i went waterskiing because it was a good incentive not to fall in... which made me better at it... and since Neil wont want his car seats wet - and I wont want to walk home, it would be best if i was placed no where near that lake.

please :D thankyou.

Alex
18-11-02, 12:14 PM
How are we all going to know where you have moved to if we are a bit late and you have moved on?

wisewood
18-11-02, 12:19 PM
good question - Jim... would you care to explain... I am sure you must have a contingency plan for just such an event.

Jim
18-11-02, 12:21 PM
Hopefully we won't have to move on, but if we do we'll try and leave it as long as possible. All I can say is try and get there as near to 2pm as you can. Other than that, Breeny might put his mobile number down nearer the time.

Jim

Nova1.6
18-11-02, 12:28 PM
wise, we will leave whenever u think is best.

Nova1.6
21-11-02, 05:35 PM
has this been forgotten about?

Will
21-11-02, 06:34 PM
Its still on and im gona be there, ill or not ill, car or no car :D woohoo

Nutter

mikeoxford
21-11-02, 07:43 PM
as this thread has gone off topic somewhat - do we think we should start a thread purely for NAMES............?

can we have an idea on numbers at all?

i will be in attendance - wether it be on my own or bringing a mate i dont know - but time is buked off now - so itd be a shame not to

thanks
mike

wisewood
22-11-02, 10:05 AM
I have started a new thread - just for replies about who is going and who isn't.

http://www.novaload.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=66848

Not trying to steal it away from you Jim, it's your baby... just thought this had got a bit errr, side tracked - which is probably in part my fault, these things usually are :D