PDA

View Full Version : Ghay Heated Leather

gtachorley
14-11-08, 04:03 PM
I have Recaro heated leathers out of a Cavalier Turbo, despite my best efforts I couldnt get them to heat up in the Nova (wiring all good and double checked even got a Cav Haynes manual to check),.

So I have taken the passenger seat out and removed the leather to get a good look at the heater pads, now I have the pads warming up but the heat doesnt seem to transfer through the leather much (ie the pads are hot but the leather doesnt warm up) also it seems to cut out after a while.

Any suggestions as to what problem I could be having or is it a case of the heated seats pretty poor and I am expecting too much? :)

Shaun_O'Donnell
14-11-08, 04:15 PM
Perhaps not enough current?

Southie
14-11-08, 04:26 PM
Perhaps not enough current?

or raisins lol

Spudly
14-11-08, 04:35 PM
So I have taken the passenger seat out and removed the leather to get a good look at the heater pads, now I have the pads warming up but the heat doesnt seem to transfer through the leather much (ie the pads are hot but the leather doesnt warm up) also it seems to cut out after a while.

Any suggestions as to what problem I could be having or is it a case of the heated seats pretty poor and I am expecting too much? :)

Thats the same thing im having, its just enough to warm your ass a lil bit then it seems to cut off and cool down so if anyone can offer any suggestions id be very interested to try them aswell:thumb:

Sloth
14-11-08, 06:10 PM
where have you tapped into for the feed and earth?

Spudly
14-11-08, 06:24 PM
The feed in cavs and callys originally stems from the cig lighter circuit, mines on the OE wiring apart from the earth which i have just rubbed paint down to metal under the drivers seat, (one of the seat fixing bolts iirc) and made my own!

gtachorley
14-11-08, 06:54 PM
I have had mine out of the car and hooked up directly to the battery, the pads do warm up but does'nt seem to transfer to the leather.

Suppose it warms up a bit and I am gonna have to accept thats all it does they are 15 year old Vauxhall seats and have there limitations I suppose (plus the switches look sweet as :))

Graeme
14-11-08, 06:54 PM
Mine are cally pads in Nova GSI seats, they only warm up for five to ten minute and them cut off they both work for the same duration and then you have to let them cool down before they'll work again. I think that is the way they are. I can't say why the heat doesn't seem to be getting through the leather though as I don't have such luxuries

Sloth
14-11-08, 06:56 PM
its to do with resistances in the wire. try using beemer elements or similar, they may be better.

Novasport
17-11-08, 11:47 PM
Have you not run these through a relay?

Spudly
18-11-08, 12:59 AM
Mine are wired as per the vaux wiring, iirc theyre not relayed in the OE fitments anyways hence the switches being very prone to burning out as puddins leave them on 24/7!

gtachorley
21-11-08, 10:47 PM
Left in car and just kept using them and after a few days seems to have really picked up get quite toasty now!!

Well happy!

:)